News Article: Luigi Aquilini sued following deaths of 2 children in Washington State

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
No the message is do some due diligence. It's a free market. Whether you're a small business or a fortune 500 company if you're doing a sizable deal and it involves purchasing materials that can only be used for that project then make sure you can handle the risk and have a damages clause in your contract. In any business you will have clients who change their mind and want to cancel their order or fail to pay the bill. Bill Gates is one of the most giving philanthropist in the world yet Microsoft hardly played nice and was sued for violating anti-trust laws.
So those damned foreign workers on Aquilini's blueberry farm got screwed because they "didn't do their due diligence'. Is this commentary for real?

Reactions: Dab

mathonwy

Positively #toxic
Jan 21, 2008
So those damned foreign workers on Aquilini's blueberry farm got screwed because they "didn't do their due diligence'. Is this commentary for real?
Should have specialized in a different fruit.

They knew what they signed up for.

F A N

Aug 12, 2005

Did you miss the part where I said "Those temp foreign workers probably don't have much choice but to work for Aquilini. But they aren't forced into working for Aquilinis"? Ya you did.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Could Trevor Linden afford to buy the Canucks? I swear if he could he'd be the best owner in their history, no better guy to own the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad