"Win with us or watch us win." - Rasmus Dahlin
Jun 28, 2011
Buffalo, NY
G
Pommer goal
Okposo scoring
Skinner 30

B
I hate games like these. The canes just played smother d all night, barely attacked, and got supremely lucky.
Jack needed to use his guys this game. He was smothered by Slavin
The canes d went to the Babcock school of interference

U
The 3 cane-by-sabre goals

We needed this one. We didn't get it. Gotta find a way to beat Tampa tomorrow...

Reactions: k8prisoner

MayDayMayDay

But what is grief, if not love persevering?
Feb 22, 2012
Peoria, AZ
Tough to find anything good out of this game. Skinner's goal and Pommer/OK both getting on the sheet, but it's just... Ugh. If we didn't have bad luck, we'd have no luck at all. 3 GA on three of the wackiest f bounces I've seen in years.

Botts... Botts, dude... Come on man. This team needs a shot in the arm in the worst goddamn way.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN
Eichel and skinner come on with twenty seconds left to get one scoring chance, even though the goalies been pulled for a couple minutes and we manage 0 shots in this time. Mittlestadt and Pilut looked like they tried hard though.

Housley needs to go on waivers

That is all

Jack did look rusty out there, too. I hope they didn’t rush him back.

Its one game after an extended time off of course he’s not going to go all world.

He seemed fine setting up the skinner goal even though he didn’t get the assist, he probably made the nicest pass in that play. And he didn’t get to go out until the dying seconds because housley is clearly a genius. As said above.

Reactions: Hasekperreault23

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Really bad game. Housley not adjusting and breaking the trend is so typical for our organization this year.
Erod looked good at least. Smith in the lineup could have made a real difference. No energy to fight through their trap.

Reactions: sabremike

Jim Carr's Rug

Jan 16, 2006
Denver
Random take aways...

The Tage Eichel Skinner experiment lasted a period and a half... and rightly so. Tage looked helpless out there.

Slavin may be the most underrated player in the league.

Tough breaks, but buffalo also needs to hit the net.

Also, the power play zone entries make me want to pull my hair out. Come on a Phil, if anything is coach-able, that is.

Not Sure

Feb 8, 2016
Buffalo
Why does Housley refuse to make a goalie change when the starter is fighting the puck? It doesnt mean hes getting sent to the AHL, Hutton was struggling and that first goal was on Scandella for using his stick instead of his hand to knock the puck away from the net, not into it.

Sometimes a goalie change is the simplest thing you can do to wake a team up. Changing the goalie might give them a shot in the arm knowing they let Hutton down, or it might just show them Phil is paying attention and that's bad news for a few players on this team. The lack of in game adjustments makes it seem like Housley is on auto-pilot, the honeymoon is over, I want literally anyone else coaching this team to show them status quo is unacceptible.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
This is the game I officially go anti-Housley. Not that anyone cares.

Bogo has gotten a pass allll year and maybe he deserves it but he had about 4 chances tonight where all he had to do was hit the net to not look like a shmuck offensively.

Team still needs grit...since day one. Strikes me as a game where had we turned on physicality we could've turned the tables and drawn more penalties etc.

Watched the Amerks llose a terrible game too. What a day to be a fan....

Sabresfansince1980

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
from Wheatfield, NY
Sloppiest game I've ever seen. Puck bouncing on everyone, nobody could hold the puck or receive a pass. It was like watching pee wees during intermission. Mostly the same from Carolina, except for the three own-goals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad