Rumor: Lucic wants to stay an Oiler

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
while everyone harps on the pts factor

Both Lucic and Kassian have rebranded themselves as solid 3rd liners during this current streak under Hitchcock. No idea how long the oilers can keep it up--but it is interesting to see Lucic and Kassian embrace this style under Hitch--it is almost like--do not worry about getting pts--play a tough D against the players on the ice. They are collectively hitting an checking and it has been fun watching them play

Sometimes it is not just about getting goals and assists

They're going to be very effective if we make the playoffs. Just having those 2 running the other teams Dmen and wearing them down will be very valuable.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
Damn i never knew that about his dad. I can probably understand his bad play then. Lots of us forget about the human side of players and it can affect them on ice too.

That’s the thing. It’s not like he’s been battling injuries or something. He’s one of the leagues ironmen, and still as physical as ever. He’s even in better shape now. The only thing that changed is the puck suddenly stopped going in the net for him.

Hitch has talked repeatedly about trying to reinforce with Looch that it’s about the process, not the results. Everything screams a guy who went through a really hard time, got overwhelmed, and is having a hard time battling out of it. He’s improved under Hitch though, so I’m really hoping he can rebound. Even if his 50-60 point days are done, a ~40 point Lucic is still a player I want on my team all day.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad