Rumor: Lucic wants to stay an Oiler

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
From Friedman's column
18. Before discussing his current role, let’s go back to the summer. Lucic wanted a new start, and asked to be traded. Has that changed? “Yes, yes,” he answered. “I have embraced being in Edmonton and being an Oiler. I am here as long as they need me.” The powerful winger met with a sports psychologist to change his attitude. “We worked on changing my thought process. Stop living in the past. Stop thinking, ‘What if?’ Stop thinking so much about what happened in Boston. Yeah, it was great. But stop living in the past and trying to recreate the past. Focus on being part of a group trying to create something for the future.”

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
If his contract was less it would be great because he has played very well since Hitchcock became the coach, but I have a hard time seeing how the Oilers can take any kind of step towards being a playoff contender without finding ways to open up cap space. Something will have to give somewhere.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Same thing with Kassian, sounded like he wanted a trade and now he's perfectly fine. Maybe TMac was really that bad?
They were both happy under Tmac. This story is actually quite old.

This whole sports psychologist came out very early in the season. Principe talked about it during an intermission as well. A lot had to do with his dad who committed suicide. Lucic's dad was the person Lucic would turn to and his no longer there, so Lucic had to learn to be able to deal with issues without his dad.

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
I think he's just accepted his place because it was obvious nobody else would even consider taking on his deal. Even at 50% it's an awful contract. I'm sure the Oilers shopped him and told him nobody would even listen if he was involved.

Reactions: Heart Eater

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
The problem is he's making 6M.

He should be making 2M for his role.
Nothing that can be done about that. He's going to be overpaid for the rest of the contract but at least he has a role now where he can be useful.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Same thing with Kassian, sounded like he wanted a trade and now he's perfectly fine. Maybe TMac was really that bad?
Kassian didn't want to be traded, his agent just asked about trading him cause he was being healthy scratched, soon as Kassian was back in the regular rotation everyone was happy and the story died pretty quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad