TSN: Lucic training like mad man

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
There are still fans who say Bergeron didn't deserve his spot on the Olympic team and still say he shouldn't be on the current roster. I would take Bergeron easily for what he brings to the face off dot (he owns most players) and the PK (he is one of the best PKers if not the best among top 6 forwards who kill penalties).

Bergeron on the roster IMO is a no brainer. Looch I think knows he has to 100% earn his spot and he clearly wants to play for team Canada. Sad think is Looch much like the other Canadians fighting for roster spots would have an automatic bid to the Olympics for any other country. Canada's talent is just so deep really good players get left behind.

Oh God, I wasn't even on HF and Canadians were pissed that Bergeron made it over St. Louis...

Now he's one of the safest bets aside from Toews and Crosby to make it.

Neely08

Mar 9, 2006
North of Boston
...and this is why I love Looch.

He probably won't make the cut for the team, unfortunately, because while we all certainly see the benefits of what he brings to the ice, something tells me that whoever is responsible ultimately for making the cuts isn't going to see it that way.

Loved that scenario w/ Nash b/c it symbolized several important things.

1. I play on a top line in this league, too. Deal w/ it, big boy.

2. I don't care how much money you make or how many goals you score. If you touch the puck, I'll run you over. If you don't like it? I'll give you the bonus plan, and turn you into a human speed bag in front of millions of people, hotshot.

He may not make it. However the fact he's not operating under that notion himself, speaks to why I never worry a/b Milan Lucic, his work ethic, and desire to win. That's what got him here in the first place. The thought of him pancaking Russians, Finns, and Swedes in the Olympics is hilarious. The thought of him pancaking dudes wearing red, white, and blue? Well, mixed emotions. Like watching Bin Laden go over a cliff in my M3.

If he makes it, it's b/c there are few players in this game as intimidating on the forecheck. Where he's underrated, even by B's fans, is he possess the ability to burn you when that intimidation, one way or another, bares black vulcanized rubber fruit.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
milan-lucic-fat.jpg

3rdMangHigh

Jul 22, 2009
Calgary

Good luck moving that guy out of the crease! Carey won't even see the pucks until he's fishing them out of the net! Imagine the pain defensemen around league will be feeling when that guy is bearing down on them at the end boards!

All jokes aside, Big Buff carries double (at least) extra baggage around than that and he seems to make out just fine.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Good luck moving that guy out of the crease! Carey won't even see the pucks until he's fishing them out of the net! Imagine the pain defensemen around league will be feeling when that guy is bearing down on them at the end boards!

All jokes aside, Big Buff carries double (at least) extra baggage around than that and he seems to make out just fine.

It's just funny considering the subject of this thread. Don't take it like a stab. ;)

doc5hole

Nov 30, 2003
www.southcoasttoday.com
Looch is like the Hulk, he's got a spinal thing where he curves forward at the top as he's walking and his head is buried between his shoulders. That he's 6-4 when stretched out doesn't surprise me. But I'm 6-1+, and it seems like he's only a little taller up close.

NewJackEdwards

Jun 8, 2010
CT
Though I'd love it if he did, I can't see him making the team. I think Marchand has a better chance of making the team.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Looch is like the Hulk, he's got a spinal thing where he curves forward at the top as he's walking and his head is buried between his shoulders. That he's 6-4 when stretched out doesn't surprise me. But I'm 6-1+, and it seems like he's only a little taller up close.

I heard you say that before but at that time,he looked a good 4 inches shorter than Ortiz live.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I see Lucic being on the cusp, and his story is about rising to the occasion and beating the odds.
Other teams are playing tougher, and you can't discount the intimidation factor either.
Yzerman will look for a mix of skill, speed, strength and puck sense for the players, it's not necessarily the best that will make it.
I'm hoping both Lucic and Bergeron make the team.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
more on Looch:

LUCIC KNOWN AS BOSTON'S BOB MCKENZIE
Lucic has earned the comparison for a number of reasons. For one, he seems to have a scouting report on every player in the league filed away in his brain. Also, he is knowledgeable about the history of the game. But, mostly, he can recite statistics on command.

"I think [Bruins coach] Claude [Julien] may even throw some statistics out, which Looch corrects him on," said Marchand. "He knows everything and you just don't want to argue with him when he speaks."

"He loves stats – and not just in hockey," said Julien. "It's in football, it's in baseball. He just really likes stats. Every once in a while, you kind of look at him after you say something stats-wise to see if he's disagreeing or agreeing. It's almost like the [Dustin Hoffman character in the 1988 movie] Rain Man."

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=430671

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad