Post-Game Talk: Lucic slays the Panthers - Ottawa wins shootout - Bruins magic number is 9

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Lucic has been playing great lately.

Must have been an exciting 3rd period at the Garden, especially the Looch goal.

Looch is fun to watch with those two young players. He had such a big smile when he got that winning goal. He was the #1 star :). He knows the not so young lady next to the bench is always cheering for him.

I don't know where Krejci will end up but I hope they keep Looch, Pasta and Spooner together.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Looch is fun to watch with those two young players. He had such a big smile when he got that winning goal. He was the #1 star :). He knows the not so young lady next to the bench is always cheering for him.

I don't know where Krejci will end up but I hope they keep Looch, Pasta and Spooner together.

You are a great fan Ladyfan !

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011

I agree. Don't fix what's not broke!

You are a great fan Ladyfan !

I second this!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I would go with Trots from that group, he plays a calm steady game, not flashy and doesn't take chances.... Morrow will be here next year at some point not now....

I agree very very doubtful we'll see Morrow unless another D-man goes down.

I'd say decent chance if Dougie is healthy we'll see:

Chara - Hamilton
Krug - McQuaid
Seidenberg - Trotman

Claude dressed Trotman a few times earlier in the season when Bartkowski was healthy. Trotman has been good since his latest call-up. Bartkowski is Bartkowski, I don't trust him in big games.

No one knows how long Dougie is out for. Odds of another D-man getting injured in the playoffs is pretty good unfortunately. It would be nice to get Morrow a couple games at least with the big club before the playoffs start in case of injuries. Sadly I don't think the Bruins have the luxury of getting Morrow's feet wet down the stretch as it will likely be down to the wire to decide who gets in the WC spots.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Love Savvy :cry:...Spooner has a wee bit of Savvy in the way he plays the game. It is fun to watch:yo:

That's the comparison I see too. Hopefully someday down the road he reaches that level. Right now, he and Pasta are playing lights out.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
I really like the Florida team. Solid young core of guys. I think they are another year of progression away from being a top 8 team in the East.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
So true, if it wasn't for Pasta/Spooner this team would be outside looking in. They have been the most offensive line in the last 20 games or 1/4 of the season.

These guys are getting points in 9-12 min of ice time.

Clode irks me for far too long, I can't wait for the day that he is gone. I literally believe I could do a better job some nights.His non changing ways are driving the fun to watch hockey out of this team.

It really is more enjoyable to watch a game when you put down the stop watch and not focus on TOI.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
I enjoy skill and hustle, so that's why I just don't get it sometimes with the TOI.

A win is still a win no matter how it happens.

I have loved the Bruins for my entire life and I just want the guys that put up the points to get their fair share of TOI.

I am a stats guy so watching TOI is exciting to me, and Corsi, and 5-5, and pp time, etc.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Bartowski need to watch from the press box. He's an adventure each and every time he hit the ice. Pasta and Spoonah are getting the job done. Not too bad when you think that both of them were not on the opening roster.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

it`d sure be tough to try and make a case to split them up I`m thinking

that line was constantly hemmed up in their own zone yet.....score the tying and GWG, the old risk/reward situation

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
it`d sure be tough to try and make a case to split them up I`m thinking

that line was constantly hemmed up in their own zone yet.....score the tying and GWG, the old risk/reward situation

I will take a lot of heat for saying this but: Looch is good as gone in the off-season. He will cost too much for what he's bringing to table. I can already hear the Looch fan club says: but, but.... he's good in march.... Well, I expect him to be good almost all the time not being a passenger 80% of the time. Now.... I would split that line and try Connolly with the kids. The guy has speed, skills and this line could be something offensively.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I will take a lot of heat for saying this but: Looch is good as gone in the off-season. He will cost too much for what he's bringing to table. I can already hear the Looch fan club says: but, but.... he's good in march.... Well, I expect him to be good almost all the time not being a passenger 80% of the time. Now.... I would split that line and try Connolly with the kids. The guy has speed, skills and this line could be something offensively.

Speed is actually not one of connolly's stronger aspects

If Chiarelli is still here, lucic will be re-signed

The GM just gave Reilly smith 3.5 million for 2 years, he'll re-sign lucic

I do hope somehow though that lucic just gets close to 6 and gets term for security.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

Haven`t a clue what will happen with Looch, my fear always will be, when he`s on (and often it`s at playoff time) who can step in and bring this team that lift when needed. When he`s on (as your properly referred to, not nearly as consistent as I want for his $$), he can be a one man wrecking machine.

We`ll see, my biggest concern is this, as pumped and grateful as I am the kids are bringing it offensively, almost every shift out there when they were in their own zone, they were hemmed in there for what seemed forever, trying to stick handle and skate their way out rather than make the simple play

So, yep, offensively, with a Connelly, it could be a fun line to watch, but defensively, could be :help:

All depends on where your/my/our mindset is, am I willing to accept that with youth, there will be growing pains, and those growing pains "could" come in the form of a shift where that line just couldn`t bring themselves to making the simple play in their own zone, and it costs them a game

Flipside is, that line "could" be the one that looked to for scoring that big goal

All depends on what we`re willing to accept

I`m reading alot of enthusiastic posts about the kids carrying this team offensively (which they often have), but I`m a fan who watches the weird and not so sexy stuff, D zone play, and that line is frightening defensively, Spooner is much improved and is now willing, but they are young and that youth showed more than a few times against a team who couldn`t make them pay

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Speed is actually not one of connolly's stronger aspects

If Chiarelli is still here, lucic will be re-signed

The GM just gave Reilly smith 3.5 million for 2 years, he'll re-sign lucic

I do hope somehow though that lucic just gets close to 6 and gets term for security.

I would disagree about his skating, he`s a very good skater from the limited times I watched him

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Bartowski need to watch from the press box. He's an adventure each and every time he hit the ice. Pasta and Spoonah are getting the job done. Not too bad when you think that both of them were not on the opening roster.

I think Pasta's time in the AHL was essential to where he is now but if the kid who is playing now was here the whole season I think he would be in serious contention for the Calder. He really was a steal for the Bruins where they got him. I suspect other GMs are regretting their decision to take a pass.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Haven`t a clue what will happen with Looch, my fear always will be, when he`s on (and often it`s at playoff time) who can step in and bring this team that lift when needed. When he`s on (as your properly referred to, not nearly as consistent as I want for his $$), he can be a one man wrecking machine.

We`ll see, my biggest concern is this, as pumped and grateful as I am the kids are bringing it offensively, almost every shift out there when they were in their own zone, they were hemmed in there for what seemed forever, trying to stick handle and skate their way out rather than make the simple play

So, yep, offensively, with a Connelly, it could be a fun line to watch, but defensively, could be :help:

All depends on where your/my/our mindset is, am I willing to accept that with youth, there will be growing pains, and those growing pains "could" come in the form of a shift where that line just couldn`t bring themselves to making the simple play in their own zone, and it costs them a game

Flipside is, that line "could" be the one that looked to for scoring that big goal

All depends on what we`re willing to accept

I`m reading alot of enthusiastic posts about the kids carrying this team offensively (which they often have), but I`m a fan who watches the weird and not so sexy stuff, D zone play, and that line is frightening defensively, Spooner is much improved and is now willing, but they are young and that youth showed more than a few times against a team who couldn`t make them pay

Well.... Lucic is not a defensive wizard either so I don't think we can hold this aspect against Connolly. To me, it's about getting the max out of this roster. I want to see what Connolly has to offer.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
I think Pasta's time in the AHL was essential to where he is now but if the kid who is playing now was here the whole season I think he would be in serious contention for the Calder. He really was a steal for the Bruins where they got him. I suspect other GMs are regretting their decision to take a pass.

The kid have a TON of hockey IQ and he's learning damn fast. His hockey IQ is Bergeron-esque, IMHO.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I don't think he would have been as productive if he had been here from day 1. He needed to acclamate to the smaller ice surface as well as get used to a different pace than what he was accustomed to in Sweden. Going to Providence allowed him to learn these things at his own pace which has paid dividends for us since he's been up here.

He was passed over because of the concussion he sustained towards the end of the season last year. At the time of the draft he hadn't been on skates and had just begun to ramp up his work outs. He didn't resume skating until Dev Camp and he looked like Bambi on ice.

I don't blame other teams for passing on him but I am sure happy they did. Had he been healthy he would have gone top 10 IMO.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Congrats to Pasta on winning 7th Player, very happy to have voted for him. That line has been boffo in this playoff push. Does the line have a name yet? The LOOP line, perhaps?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Lucic-Spooner-Pastrnak line making a difference for Bruins
Claude Julien’s leash on Milan Lucic, Ryan Spooner, and David Pastrnak is slackening.

Julien refused to allow Jonathan Huberdeau, Aleksander Barkov, and Jaromir Jagr to chew up his threesome that regularly fights to get pucks out of the defensive zone.

But Julien had no issues with rolling Spooner’s line against any of Florida’s other three units on Tuesday. When you put winners in nets in the third period and overtime, like they’ve done in the last two games, your coach will call your names for critical late-game shifts.

“It’s not because you don’t trust them, it’s just a lack of experience,†Julien said of shielding Spooner’s unit from Barkov’s line. “They played against their second, they played against their third line. That didn’t matter to me. In my mind, I felt they could hold their own. They’re getting better all the time, too.

“Let’s not kid ourselves. From the first time they were together, it was always a real tough matchup for me to make sure it was really the right situation. Now I’m a little bit more flexible because they’re getting better and they’re getting more experience.â€

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...pooner-line/T8p7GdEIIeLRaoHXj1MIoI/story.html

kdog82

Oct 6, 2002
Toronto
Visit site
Here's hoping when Connolly is ready to go he gets to slide into Reilly Smith's spot. Reilly, like Bartkowski have been atrocious of late and Boston's weakest links.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Worked a 13 hour day and had to watch the game FFW style before bed last night so I really didn't get to see the "feel" of it.

Happy for Pastrnak.

Loved Loui's goal.

My dumb ass missed Lucic's game winning goal with impatient FFWD'ing.......was not expecting that!

Happy they won, not even worrying about other teams I just hope they finish the season strong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad