Post-Game Talk: Lucic slays the Panthers - Ottawa wins shootout - Bruins magic number is 9

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
The atmosphere was awesome. Easily the most fun I've had at a regular season game in a long time.

Took my 9 year old for his birthday. His favorite player is Pasta and he was beside himself yesterday between the free Pasta poster on the way in, the 7th player award, the goal and of course the assist on the game winner. May as well have been called Pasta Night.

That's awesome! I can almost see the kid's smile from here.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Who put them out on the ice with less than a minute left, the trainer?

Good grief, he's constantly playing that line late and in OT. Ever think that maybe they're effective because they aren't piling up huge minutes, or playing against the opposition's top line?

They're an adventure in their own end, to put it mildly, but as Julien noted in the article Wally linked, they're learning, and earning more trust. But a good coach knows how to put his players in a position to succeed, and that's what he's doing.

Oh, I see. I'm not realizing that Clode is a delicate genius who's planned these thrilling nail-biting eke out wins in the role of master puppeteer who can just bring out his dominant line in the nick of time when he needs it. Got it.

Maybe if he let this line loose for more minutes, especially on the PP, we'd be up by 3 or 4 goals in many games rather than even or a goal or two behind at the end of most games, or else going into a death spiral shootout.

They are good enough in their end + stellar in the o zone vs. Campbell and company who are decent (usually, though Campbell looked like crap last night) + liability in the O zone. I'll take 17+51+88 over scrubs for the win, thanks.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Ha! I'm not telling.

Cool story, I bet your kid was ecstatic!

Reminded me of a childhood memory of going to my first bruins game when I was 7 and my uncle went with my Dad and I and during one of the intermissions I remember going into the pro shop and my uncle said something like "get whatever you want just keep it under 100 dollars." Memory I always have remembered:laugh:

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
..and it takes my favorite Hab's fan to make some of the B's fans see the light.

How are you Whitesnake ? When are you coming to Boston for a game ?

I really think you should become a b's fan. :)

:laugh: Don't worry...I will Never become a B's fan. I just happen to be able to calmly evaluate teams even though I don't like them.

As far as coming to Boston, well with the family it's tough. I do intent one day to do it. We have a friend who happened to be a Doctor in Boston that we sometimes visit but usually during summer time. But we might go there in other periods as well. I'll let you guys know for sure when I do.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
The atmosphere was awesome. Easily the most fun I've had at a regular season game in a long time.

Took my 9 year old for his birthday. His favorite player is Pasta and he was beside himself yesterday between the free Pasta poster on the way in, the 7th player award, the goal and of course the assist on the game winner. May as well have been called Pasta Night.

Good for you and your son.

Watching on TV, the 3rd period had that playoff atmosphere feel to the game, so it must have been great to be there in person.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad