Lucic Hit on Kase

stampedingviking

Jul 2, 2013
Basingstoke, England
pretty sure you know what the reason was... ANA player slew footed Lucic which made him angry... Kese was the punching bag he decided to take it out on..

Its kinda like Kesler mauling Desharnais after losing a faceoff to him... clear 2 minutes with a potential to injure if he wasnt a "veteran"..

same goes for Getzlaf and his cheap shenanigans behind the play..

dumb minor penalty but thats all it was... "intent to injure" is laughable..

:laugh: Lucic fell over a leg, there was no slew foot.

Homer glasses or what?

Hockey Nightmare

Oct 25, 2007
actually yes you did. That's textbook contradiction.

It's one thing to disagree, but at least be consistent with your argument.

Not everything I literally type mirrors my intent and thoughts exactly. Give me a failing grade for message board posting if you will. I'll get through it somehow.

Oil Gauge

5+14+6+1=97
Apr 9, 2009
Is this serious? Are you implying that Eaves literally hurt himself skating or are you just trying to troll?

Not trying to troll. Looked like he tweeked something as he was turning. I possibly missed something?

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
An inadvertent high stick on a play on the puck is 2 minutes. Cross-checking a player away from the puck, coming in on a line change without ever thinking of doing a cheap shot on Lucic... well, that's intent.

Lucic picks his spots. He's a turtle. If Lucic wanted a fair fight, then he would have taken gloves off against Manson. But Manson knew better that Lucic would never fight him and kept jawing at him about it.

Lucic is smart. Don't go after someone who can beat you down. Take cheap shots on unsuspecting players much, much smaller than you.

What Lucic did isn't a hockey play (for the puck). One has to have intent to cross-check an unsuspecting player away from the puck. Lucic wasn't in a defensive mode at all. Cross-checked him and skated away like nothing every happened. You really can't defend that it wasn't intentional.

The fact that Kase probably has his ribs broken due to a play away from the puck is a player safety issue. It doesn't matter if Kase is a Duck, Oiler, or any other team. That stupidity by Lucic can be costly - and it was to the Ducks as they were playing a man short since early in the first period. If it happened to McDavid, then I'd clamor the same thing. I just don't like any player getting injured b/c of sheer stupidity or malicious intent.... b/c that any play that has potential to injury away from the puck is exactly that.

This doesn't even make sense. Lucic has fought Manson before? Trying to claim Lucic is scared of fighting anyone is laughable. I still remember when he fought Gazdic a couple years ago and took a bomb on the chin and it didn't even phase him. Give me a shout when Manson is willing to fight other teams 4th line enforcers.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
This doesn't even make sense. Lucic has fought Manson before? Trying to claim Lucic is scared of fighting anyone is laughable. I still remember when he fought Gazdic a couple years ago and took a bomb on the chin and it didn't even phase him. Give me a shout when Manson is willing to fight other teams 4th line enforcers.

I don't really feel like shouting but I can name three off the top of my head that Manson has fought - Martin, Haley and Bass.

I do agree that Lucic doesn't back down though. If people want to call some of the cheap stuff cowardly, that's different, but Lucic doesn't run from a fight.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Leg sweep Lucic and your teammates gonna have a bad time. Probably will think twice about doing that again.

Yes. I'm certain Lindholm will think twice about standing there. Lucic really showed him. Did you notice? Lindholm didn't stand the rest of the game.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
If Lucic is gonna do something like that he should save it for a guy like Getzlaf.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
I don't really feel like shouting but I can name three off the top of my head that Manson has fought - Martin, Haley and Bass.

I do agree that Lucic doesn't back down though. If people want to call some of the cheap stuff cowardly, that's different, but Lucic doesn't run from a fight.

Not a single one of those players is the prototypical heavyweight goon like Gazdic, which isn't surprising as they are a dying breed in the NHL. I mean Haley's not eve 6' tall lol. I guess I didn't clarify that I was talking about real heavyweight enforcers.

Manson is a solid fighter though and had a pretty fair tilt with Lucic last season I believe it was. I just found it ridiculous for the poster to claim Lucic is afraid to fight anyone.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Manson shouldn't be fighting Lucic. Between the two of them, Manson is a much more positive influence for his team than Lucic has been for his. That isn't a good trade.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
Manson shouldn't be fighting Lucic. Between the two of them, Manson is a much more positive influence for his team than Lucic has been for his. That isn't a good trade.

Honestly I think Lucic has been good. I may not playing against him, but he has been one of the most effective players on the Oilers.

He definitely makes me a lot more worried when he is out there, maybe even more than McDavid.

One hit (legal or illegal) and he can end a person's post season.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
Not a single one of those players is the prototypical heavyweight goon like Gazdic, which isn't surprising as they are a dying breed in the NHL. I mean Haley's not eve 6' tall lol. I guess I didn't clarify that I was talking about real heavyweight enforcers.

Manson is a solid fighter though and had a pretty fair tilt with Lucic last season I believe it was. I just found it ridiculous for the poster to claim Lucic is afraid to fight anyone.

Yeah, Lucic is a gamer when it comes to that stuff, he isn't going to back down. But Oil fans are getting carried away acting like Manson was hiding or running on that play, as if he was scared. He already fought Looch and held his own just fine. All that play was, was Manson trying to troll him a little bit and goad him into taking a dumb penalty. Lucic dug down deep, tapped into the single dying brain cell he has left, and didn't bite.

This is more of the weak 'fake tough guy' and 'spot picker' nonsense that Emd fans have been spewing throughout the series, as if Lucic and the other stooges only go after other tough guys. They all do that crap, as evidenced by the existence of this thread.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Yeah, Lucic is a gamer when it comes to that stuff, he isn't going to back down. But Oil fans are getting carried away acting like Manson was hiding or running on that play, as if he was scared. He already fought Looch and held his own just fine. All that play was, was Manson trying to troll him a little bit and goad him into taking a dumb penalty. Lucic dug down deep, tapped into the single dying brain cell he has left, and didn't bite.

This is more of the weak 'fake tough guy' and 'spot picker' nonsense that Emd fans have been spewing throughout the series, as if Lucic and the other stooges only go after other tough guys. They all do that crap, as evidenced by the existence of this thread.

No offence, but this type of comment is petty and makes you look bad.

As to the rest I agree Manson wasn't hiding he just had no reason to fight. It comes down to your opinion on fighting in the league I suppose. Fighting has essentially died out of the game and there's very few ways to actually enact revenge on dirty plays or childish antics on the ice aside from just winning the hockey game. Guys can say and do whatever they want on the ice because the refs are quick to break it up and hand out extra penalties, which in all fairness is probably best for the players health, but also may prevent an outlet for some of that built up anger and frustration to get let out in a more controlled environment. Hard to say what truly is better for the league.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
The puck is nowhere near them. Kase is skating toward the bench obviously going for a change not even thinking of playing the puck or that Lucic is anywhere near him. Lucic crosschecks him. For what reason? There is no legit reason for that crosscheck to happen.

Well, according to the rules, there's no legitimate reason for ANY crosscheck to happen. People saying this was "intent to injure" need to back up. If that's intent to injure, then so are 20 or more plays in every single game.

Getzmonster

Jul 24, 2014
No offence, but this type of comment is petty and makes you look bad.

As to the rest I agree Manson wasn't hiding he just had no reason to fight. It comes down to your opinion on fighting in the league I suppose. Fighting has essentially died out of the game and there's very few ways to actually enact revenge on dirty plays or childish antics on the ice aside from just winning the hockey game. Guys can say and do whatever they want on the ice because the refs are quick to break it up and hand out extra penalties, which in all fairness is probably best for the players health, but also may prevent an outlet for some of that built up anger and frustration to get let out in a more controlled environment. Hard to say what truly is better for the league.

:laugh: Oh please, Lucic being an idiot (on the ice) seems to be the one thing everyone agrees on here. Should I be offended every time one of you cracks wise about Getzlaf being bald? Lighten up.

Agree with the rest. It's becoming important to have guys that can skate a regular shift and be pseudo enforcers, enforcers are gonzo. Even the guys like Lucic, Maroon, etc. are probably going to start becoming too big a liability the way the game is going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad