Lucha Underground Season 2

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Sick start, just as expected. Pentagon Jr is the best. Storylines are intriguing. Production is great.

Just to compare Catrina to Stephanie Mcmahon... :laugh:

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
man, they haven't missed a beat. and pentagon jr is so so so over. apparently he's barely midcard in AAA or something?

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i miss Dario as the head...just not a fan of Katrina's...i hope there's eventually something that comes out of making evilese, son, and anjelico fight each other all the time...good matches, but almost tired of seeing it...that was a huge theme all last season....

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
Vampiro/Pentagon Jr. was one of my favorite matches from all of last year, that is one of the most violent matches I've seen in awhile but man did those two leave everything they had in the ring. Then the storyline twist at the end to top it off.

I think casual fans would be pleasantly surprised at the booking and writing at LU, these guys are no joke.

That type of match is seriously not my cup of tea, but I hadn't seen one in forever so it was okay. My basic problem was watching the show with my newlywed wife who does not get wrestling at all and...yeah, that match happened.

From her last night when I watched the season 2 opener and Ivelisse is in the ring with Angelico and Son of Havoc: "so is that a girl or a guy pretending to be a girl with boobs".

Dario is better than Catrina, but that's obvious. Notice when the poor 3 saps that we assume paid for the right to fight Motanza were looking for "the Temple" they showed a distance away from the Boyle Heights Temple (375 miles if you're curious). So I presume it'll get chipped away and Dario will get closer geographically each week.

[spoil]So King Cuerno made a deal to take the Gift of the Gods title from Fenix and then not challenge Mil Muertes, the Gift of the Gods being Lucha Underground's version of the Money in the Bank briefcase. But now Mil Muertes has a broken arm in storyline. Hmm...[/spoil]

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
To talk more about the promotion, Bryan Alvarez had Lance Storm on yesterday. Storm was going to go through and watch all of season 1 before getting into season 2 because a former student of his Taya Valkyrie was going to be on the show in season 2, and she told him to watch season 1 first. So he'd gotten through the first 4 episodes and said what I think should be the main takeaway point, that he's not even a fan of lucha-style wrestling really, but he loves the show because the atmosphere and presentation of it is the first fresh thing he's seen from a wrestling promotion in almost 20 years.

Did anyone else like Johnny Mundo's Auto Zone-sponsored workout spot? :D

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The future of Lucha Underground is in question, it seems. WWE, TNA and ROH are all looking to bolster their rosters, so it's no a matter of "will LU be renewed for a third season" but rather a question of "will they have anyone on the roster"? The financial situation in LU isn't too good right now, according to Meltzer.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
The future of Lucha Underground is in question, it seems. WWE, TNA and ROH are all looking to bolster their rosters, so it's no a matter of "will LU be renewed for a third season" but rather a question of "will they have anyone on the roster"? The financial situation in LU isn't too good right now, according to Meltzer.

Man. I came in here to discuss what an epic start it was to the season and you ruin it with that.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
Aerostar just straight up time travelled 1000 years into the future (aka present day)

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
my stream cut off at the very end, so I missed the finish plus the Joey Ryan as a cop reveal. good ep though. Kobra Moon's wrestling wasn't so good, but her character work was pretty good. The Texano promo has me interested in what he brings next week.

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
my stream cut off at the very end, so I missed the finish plus the Joey Ryan as a cop reveal. good ep though. Kobra Moon's wrestling wasn't so good, but her character work was pretty good. The Texano promo has me interested in what he brings next week.

Great match between Fenix and King Cuerno.

Jack Evans beat Drago putting his feet on the ropes, and afterward grabbed the mic and called himself the Dragon Slayer. So looks like him and Drago will have a feud.

Main backstage segment of the week was Cortez Castro (one of the Crew guys) is really an undercover cop trying to get information to bring in Dario Cueto. His boss brings in Joey Ryan as a cop wanting him to go to the Temple with Castro, and Ryan of course looks like a sleazy male stripper with a cop outfit, and he was sucking a lollipop. :laugh:

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
i was worried Joey in LU might lead to a bit too much sleazy intergender stuff, but i'm on board with him being a sleazy intergender wrestling cop

rj

Jan 29, 2007
Indiana
i was worried Joey in LU might lead to a bit too much sleazy intergender stuff, but i'm on board with him being a sleazy intergender wrestling cop

He said in an interview previously that before Lucha Underground Season One, him and Alexis Laree were offered the Son of Havoc/Ivelisse roles. Think what killed it was they were a package at the time, he was fine with it but she didn't want to commit to a 7 year contract with Lucha Underground.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005

Part of me loves it, but part of me isn't so crazy about the more recognizable names in Lucha. Obviously there's a big gap between joey ryan and Rey Mysterio, but I'd almost rather they stick with the Fenixs and Pentagons of the world.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
- Lucha Underground will have to raise funds or sign deals to bring in money for their fourth season. They reportedly have enough money for the third season tapings through mid-May and are planning on having all TV taped through summer 2017 after those mid-May tapings are over.

Lucha officials are also trying to get a movie produced for 2018.

In regards to the company losing money, a source noted to The Wrestling Observer that after two seasons, the company has lost slightly less than half of what TNA lost after 10 years in business.

Source: WON

quoipourquoi

Goaltender
Jan 26, 2009
Hockeytown, MI
You have to check out the triple threat between Mil Muertes, Prince Puma, and Pentagon Jr. It was like if Cena/Lesnar/Rollins took place in the crowd.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad