Lucha Underground Season 2

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
Apparently tapings for season 2 of Lucha Undergroud began this weekend in Southern California. Also former WWE wrestler Justin Gabriel made his debut as "PJ Black" I believe the show will still air on El Rey

Anyone else watch Lucha Underground? Its different from most wrestling promotions out there, but I personally like it more than WWE many times, they have very intriguing stories and have guys who can put on great matches.

Some Season 1 highlights:

And some of my favorite moments so far:

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't actively follow Lucha but I see clips of it and holy crap - their production value is absolutely insane. I love the idea of shooting backstage promos like television shows and even their matches are shot differently. Everything from unique lighting to dramatic camera angles. It's all a sleek, crisp, modern production.

I don't remember what the actual match was but there was a shot where both wrestlers were down and the camera man did a dramatic rack focus between the two parties and it looked gorgeous.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
We had a Lucha Underground thread going for awhile.

Great show, very different, but I fear it is way too expensive for the channel it is on. Also, Del Rio is a huge loss, but (no spoilers) he's apparently being replaced by a bigger Mexican star, so we'll see.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I've seen about half of the first season, but I'm not really into it much. In-ring is good, and so are the production values, but I don't really like the lucha-ness of it. I like the idea for the show, I just think it's dressed up as something I don't like and I'm not going to get past it.

Had it been set in the UK with the British style of wrestling then I'd be all over it (World of Sport = GOAT). Cover it with some grim dark paint and it would be perfect But I think the market for such a show is far too small, especially on a Spanish channel in america xD.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I don't actively follow Lucha but I see clips of it and holy crap - their production value is absolutely insane. I love the idea of shooting backstage promos like television shows and even their matches are shot differently. Everything from unique lighting to dramatic camera angles. It's all a sleek, crisp, modern production.

I don't remember what the actual match was but there was a shot where both wrestlers were down and the camera man did a dramatic rack focus between the two parties and it looked gorgeous.

TNA does the backstage segments like a tv show too, which I think is cool.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Awesome news. Ultima Lucha was an unbelievable show.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. Ultimate Lucha was one of, if not the best, show I saw last year. Top to bottom it was awesome.

There are a few matches on that card that I think all wrestling fans should see. Hell. I think I should rewatch them.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I've said it once and I'll say it again. Ultimate Lucha was one of, if not the best, show I saw last year. Top to bottom it was awesome.

There are a few matches on that card that I think all wrestling fans should see. Hell. I think I should rewatch them.

Vampiro/Pentagon Jr. was one of my favorite matches from all of last year, that is one of the most violent matches I've seen in awhile but man did those two leave everything they had in the ring. Then the storyline twist at the end to top it off.

I think casual fans would be pleasantly surprised at the booking and writing at LU, these guys are no joke.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
100% agreed on Vamprio and Pentagon JR.

I really thought that match was gonna be a dumpster fire considering Vampiro isn't exactly young and in the best shape but man oh man. So so so good.

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
+1 to Vampiro/Pentagon Jr. being so much better than I imagined. Finally got around to watching Ultima and was pleased. I watched the whole season but somehow missed the finale.

S A W F T*

I've been looking to get into this promotion. I just started watching WWE full time again after WM31 after a 10 year hiatus.

Where should I start with Lucha Underground to get hooked?

Who are the top guys etc...?

Michael Morbid

Jun 11, 2004
PBC
I've been looking to get into this promotion. I just started watching WWE full time again after WM31 after a 10 year hiatus.

If you get the El Rey channel they have a marathon of the first season in the next few days.

My favorites,

Pentagon Jr.
The Mack
Angelico/Son of Havoc/Ivelisse

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011

Great timing, as if you have El Rey Network they are running a 40 hour marathon beginning to end of season 1.

They have a lot of talent to watch out for, Mil Muertes, Prince Puma, Johnny Mundo (John Morrison), Pentagon Jr., I believe they also signed Rey Mysterio for this upcoming season as well

Dario is also a great heel owner, probably the best since Attitude Era Vince

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
If you're looking to skip episodes, people often say to start at episode nine. The first handful of tapings were patchy due to not really know what they were trying to do.

M4TR1X

Dec 1, 2008
Ottawa, Ontario
I am so pumped for Season 2!
If anyone hasn't seen it yet, I recommend throwing season 1 on. (I'm certain you can find the entire season on the internet) You'll be blown away. I say start from the beginning because there are a lot of great matches you'd be missing. Later on, the story becomes even more interesting and intense.
I've enjoyed Season 1 more than the WWE this year, but I suppose that isn't very difficult.

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I love Lucha. Most fun wrestling I've seen in years. Yeah it's a little silly but once you get into it, it's the most engrossing product out there right now I think.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm watching the Pentagon Jr/Vampiro street fight now. Holy ****, this is old school.

I love LU so much. I've watched like seven hours of it today. I like it even better than NXT. It's so unique.

Balls Mahoney

Aug 14, 2008
Legend
THAT WAS ****ING EPIC! Oh man, I want a Pentagon Jr. shirt now. Oh **** man, I haven't seen a heel like this... in years.

Fa Ci La

Mar 2, 2012
THAT WAS ****ING EPIC! Oh man, I want a Pentagon Jr. shirt now. Oh **** man, I haven't seen a heel like this... in years.

highspots.com has got a tiny bit of merchandise, but there's not much left. Assume he doesn't have a pro wrestling tees store

http://www.highspots.com/p/pentagon-c-shirt.html >>> Large and up (with bad review)
http://www.highspots.com/p/pentagon-c-shirt.html >>> Small and medium
http://www.highspots.com/p/pentagon_comm_mask.html >>> mask

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad