Lucas Raymond breakout season

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
And fortunately for him, he's doing it in a contract year. Kid's gonna get paid this summer.

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
He's taken a huge step, this year, and has really come up huge for Detroit as the games have grown more and more difficult. Going to be hard to keep him down in the final game. He can really will them to victories, like Larkin does. He just has to continue to trust in his ability and exert his will.

Reactions: Sentinel

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
He's had a great year, it's nice to see.

In general this was the coming out party for the 2020 class. In addition to Raymond, Lafreniere, Byfield, Jarvis, Faber, Neighbours all had excellent breakout seasons where they established themselves as legitimate core pieces as well and other players who continued to make their mark or became positive contributors to their teams include Stutzle, Sanderson, Peterka, Mercer, Lundell, Guhle, Quinn, Perfetti, Foerster, Zary, Schneider, Greig, Evangelista, Rossi, Chinakhov, etc.

Shaping up to be a pretty nice draft class I must say. Of course my Leafs managed to draft an immensely talented kid who had his life taken away far too soon (RIP Amirov).

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Kid seems to have a penchant for scoring big goals.
He absolutely needs to cut out the dramatic shit, he's a hockey player not a Tony award winning actor.

You know goddam well what he's talking about!
Old_Man_Yells_at_cloud_cover.jpg

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Even I don't know what he is talking about and I am a Wings fan.

Last night was the stuff of legends. Raymond was boarded heavily in the second period (no call), and Canadiens scored on the ensuing rush to make the game all but unreachable. But Raymond scored a tying goal in late 3rd and a winner in OT.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
He might be that offensive game breaker that a lot of people didnt think the wings had in their rebuild. 21 years old with 30+ goals and 70+ points make me think theres 40 goal 90 point potential at his best, especially the way he started slow this year and has built as the year went on.

He was the best player from his draft class this season

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016

No need to talk like that and I 100% don't know what he is talking about?

Even I don't know what he is talking about and I am a Wings fan.

Last night was the stuff of legends. Raymond was boarded heavily in the second period (no call), and Canadiens scored on the ensuing rush to make the game all but unreachable. But Raymond scored a tying goal in late 3rd and a winner in OT.

I am also Wings fan and was the one he was quoting.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Raymond has 44 points in 45 games in 2024. He then put the team on his back (only player who seemed to give a shit) when Larkin was out and the team had the life sucked out of them. He's continued on and been clutch in the dying times of this season many times.

Absolute beast on the puck now and he takes the middle of the ice like it's nobody's business. He wants it bad and you love to see it because he's got that dog in him, just like Larkin.

I'm glad he's been proving the detractors wrong. He was bound to break out like he did, and Wings fans are super glad he did it in his 3rd season. He's gonna kill it next year.

Reactions: Sentinel

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
Isn’t he crazy good defensively too?
Not just yet. The trick is he's super competitive and willing to fight for every inch. He'll pick up proper coverage and transition assignments with time, right now he's more working harder than smarter.

fredligh

Jan 3, 2011
Iceland
For those, which have watched him over the years, knows that the more that is on the line, the better he gets, and it shows again as things heats up, as of late.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad