Prospect Info: Lucas Condotta

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
He's a player that I had planned on trying to watch a few more of his games over the summer but never got around to it. I wonder if he's one of those not really talked about but then later in the year he's on the 4th line for a few games, he's said to be a gym rat if I recall correctly. Was looking over a vid I made when we signed him, you can see he will take the body and be a tough player to play against that coaches love to have.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
As of tonight only 2 players on Laval have scored more goals then Condotta. He's got 7 in 20 games in a limited role. I would not be at all surprised if he plays NHL games at some point. He has the frame, strength, speed, skating, works hard and plays physical/gritty. If he can develop his offensive game a bit which so far he seems to be doing, maybe you could have a 4th liner or tweener at some point.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
As of tonight only 2 players on Laval have scored more goals then Condotta. He's got 7 in 20 games in a limited role. I would not be at all surprised if he plays NHL games at some point. He has the frame, strength, speed, skating, works hard and plays physical/gritty. If he can develop his offensive game a bit which so far he seems to be doing, maybe you could have a 4th liner or tweener at some point.
It look like a WTF signing at first but after watching him a couple of times in Laval, I was pleasantly surprised. If he can develop some offense I could see him having an audition on the 4th line as an energy guy. Can't be worse than Pezzetta at this point.

Reactions: montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
another solid game and a goal from him last night. One of the team leaders in goals and pims. I think it's flying under the radar if he can keep this up.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
It look like a WTF signing at first but after watching him a couple of times in Laval, I was pleasantly surprised. If he can develop some offense I could see him having an audition on the 4th line as an energy guy. Can't be worse than Pezzetta at this point.
Pezzetta is pretty useless but I think he is faster than Condotta.

Our next most likely callups are Ylonna or Pinarda.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
another solid game and a goal from him last night. One of the team leaders in goals and pims. I think it's flying under the radar if he can keep this up.

Laval clearly needs him to be at his best. I've had not followed the Rocket too much this season. Who are the centers? Condotta is one but was Richard another? Or did he play win in Laval?

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Same here, reminds me a little bit of Daniel Carr wish he would have worked out for us , but I guess he was not able to stick in the NHL, he is doing okish in the Swiss league these days.
It would be great if Condotta could have a career as good as Carr's. But yeah, ultimately Carr wasn't quite good enough, but he still played over 100 NHL games so that's better than most drafted guys.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Condotta's one year contract expires at the conclusion of this
season. He turns 26 in June. Does he get re signed or do the Habs move on?
He has been pretty effective in Laval with 16 goals, good size etc. I think the Habs let him walk. Maybe he signs an AHL deal with Laval.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
He has been pretty effective in Laval with 16 goals, good size etc. I think the Habs let him walk. Maybe he signs an AHL deal with Laval.

Could see an AHL deal if they like what he brings, but he most probably isn't anything more than an AHL player anyway. Plays hard though, who knows, maybe he'll pull a Belzile out of himself at some point.

Fatbiggie

Unregistered User
Jul 30, 2005
I think we’ll resign him. Seems to be well liked by his teammates.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
With a 50 contract limit it is a valid question. I am sure he deserves another contract but nothing is guaranteed.

That should never stop you from re-signing a player that deserves it, as you can always make room somehow. He's been one of Laval's best players and could see time in the NHL next year, I just don't see them even considering not re-signing him.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
That should never stop you from re-signing a player that deserves it, as you can always make room somehow. He's been one of Laval's best players and could see time in the NHL next year, I just don't see them even considering not re-signing him.
One of Laval's best players, how? He's 17th in PPG for players over 15 games. I undersatand oints re not everything, but..........

What are is minutes?

NewDef

Nov 2, 2015
He actually looked like a legit 4th liner today. If a 4th line guy gets hurt, i would think he's the one to bring up, unless he makes a Pezz impression at camp and gets a spot from game 1 until he loses it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad