LT's GM Game Version 1.0 - Thread 2 (Trade Deadline Wednesday, Noon EST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImporterExporter

"You're a boring old man"
Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
There's a lot of problems in our world today. Almost all of them can be traced back to one thing. Overpopulation. Less people, less cars polluting the air. Less crimes. Less wars. Less disease. Nearly everything can be traced back to that. Humankind isn't meant to operate at 8 billion (or is it more now?) people. Many scientific studies have confirmed this. In fact, we even know what the perfect number is for our population to be at. 4 billion. Yet we have double that.

http://www.census.gov/popclock/

It's barely over 7 billion, so you are just a smidge off. Less war? People have been killing each other since people as we know it existed. It's all relative to the total population. Sure "less people" would be dying with your fantasy # of 4 billion, but it's all relative to the total # of people around at the time of a study.

These studies are the same idiots who "invented" global warming, which can easily be blown out of the water (thank you historical geology courses) by looking at the earth's temperatures millions and even billions of years ago, which can be attributed to rock samples and carbon dating and correlating color and soil condition, placement and other factors.

http://www.scotese.com/climate.htm (see chart)

So if human beings caused global warming, then how in the blue hell do we see temperates spike well before human beings ever walked the earth? Simple quesiton. Simple answer. The world was here long before us and it will be here long after we kill ourselves or some natural disaster kills us. We are so infinate and small in relation to the power of mother nature, we'd be ignorant to think we can alter the course of earth's history by any large measure. People werent around during the time of the dinosaurs, yet we see some of the hottest spikes in temperatures in 6+ billion years.

Aela*

You're right. Totally right. Even though spikes in temperature have become much more frequent, even though the arctic icecaps are melting for the first time in human history, even though the level of water on the earth has dramatically increased, even though thousands of scientists who have studied this their entire life and gone to school at the most prestigious universities in the world for years and endorse these conclusions, say otherwise, you're right.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
You're right. Totally right. Even though spikes in temperature have become much more frequent, even though the arctic icecaps are melting for the first time in human history, even though the level of water on the earth has dramatically increased, even though thousands of scientists who have studied this their entire life and gone to school at the most prestigious universities in the world for years and endorse these conclusions, say otherwise, you're right.

#snip

So how do they explain these things all happening multiple times before humans existed? Can you even formulate a response? Seriously? Or are you going to hide behind some smart ass remark #snip

And BTW, there are far more scientists who refutre global warming than support it. Fact.

I bet you think we should get rid of paper because it kills innocent trees and harms the environment even though paper is produced from millions of tress grown specifically for making paper, are re planted after being cut down (continous cycle), create millions of jobs in the process, and actually improve the environment via photosynthesis. If we stopped planting millions of trees for paper, we'd lose valuable resourse to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen....you know, stuff we breathe. http://www2.binghamton.edu/news/the-newsroom/ask-a-scientist/?date=2011-04-13 You don't need an advanced degree to know how the earth is habitable. Global warming is a fad that almost nobody is talking about anymore because it was created to make money for a select group of people. Trendy fad.

I find it amusing that you mislead people by over populating the earth by a billon (or more?) and then resort to #snip and sarcasm. Classic response by a person who has no clue what they're talking about.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

#snip

So how do they explain these things all happening multiple times before humans existed? Can you even formulate a response? Seriously? Or are you going to hide behind some smart ass remark #snip

And BTW, there are far more scientists who refutre global warming than support it. Fact.

I bet you think we should get rid of paper because it kills innocent trees and harms the environment even though paper is produced from millions of tress grown specifically for making paper, are re planted after being cut down (continous cycle), create millions of jobs in the process, and actually improve the environment via photosynthesis. If we stopped planting millions of trees for paper, we'd lose valuable resourse to convert carbon dioxide to oxygen....you know, stuff we breathe. http://www2.binghamton.edu/news/the-newsroom/ask-a-scientist/?date=2011-04-13 You don't need an advanced degree to know how the earth is habitable. Global warming is a fad that almost nobody is talking about anymore because it was created to make money for a select group of people. Trendy fad.

I find it amusing that you mislead people by over populating the earth by a billon (or more?) and then resort to #snip and sarcasm. Classic response by a person who has no clue what they're talking about.

LOL, oh come on now, 1/10 trolling attempt

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
This is all Produce's fault. I'm not even kidding. :laugh:

Let's take this somewhere more relevant, like the political forum. Keep it out of this thread or there will be repercussions, I'm tired of having to scroll through it and it serves no purpose here.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
http://journalistsresource.org/stud.../structure-scientific-opinion-climate-change/

why are we arguing about this and why am I getting into this conversation

Congrats, you found an article that asks the most liberal people (not even 500) on the face of the earth where they stand on global warming. It's hilarious that "The 489 survey respondents — representing nearly half of all those eligible according to the survey’s specific standards"

is representative of the entire global community on this issue.

Again, please read carefully. How did the earth warm and cool before humans? The earth has been FAR hotter, many times in the past. How did that happen without humans. And since it DID happen without human involvment, wouldn't we think that it's ignorant to think humans are doing anything to alter the climate, when it's been happening for billions of years?

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
This is all Produce's fault. I'm not even kidding. :laugh:

Let's take this somewhere more relevant, like the political forum. Keep it out of this thread or there will be repercussions, I'm tired of having to scroll through it and it serves no purpose here.

Sorry, my last response is above.

Back to hockey :) Hedman is available for contenders. :pens

Aela*

#snip

I'm quoting you, deleting all of your comments and putting snip in it's place because those comments were made on mobile and my mobile only has a select amount of space where you can type a message. It's stupid, but when I'm not on a computer it's all I have, and so it limits my messages to a couple sentences, unfortunately.

I'll respect LT's wishes (for now :naughty:) and won't talk about this in here anymore, but I would like to mention that I never once said that we should stop cutting down trees that make paper, which would cause a lot of harm to our society. However as someone who apparently can't spell refute right, has a college education, is a combat veteran, and a man, well, you clearly have me beat in 'topics I know nothing about'.

ImporterExporter

Jun 18, 2013
Oblivion Express
So......new topic. What is everybody's favorite movie?

I actually want to hear this.

Man, so many. Being a bit older, i guess i probably go back a bit further.....

War movies: Saving Private Ryan. Band of Brothers (although that is a mini series). Hurt Locker.

Comedy: Big Lebowski. Dumb and Dumber. Others that i'm not thinking of at the moment.

Thriller: American Psycho. No Country for Old Men. Again, plenty of older movies.

Sci Fi: Star Wars (the original 3).

Crime: Goodfellas. Heat.

So many other GREAT movies that are out there.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Okay we're done talking about anything unrelated to the game.

That's final.

CoachBadkitten

Matt Hunwick
Jul 25, 2012
Colorado
Lots of good choices so far. Big Lebowski and In Bruges are up there for me as well. (I'm very much a comedy movie guy) Star Wars is always great as well. So many great movies.

LT ruining the fun :( :p:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad