Injury Report: LTIR for Smith

DropTheGloves

Sep 18, 2020
Skinner had miserable numbers in the ECHL and AHL.

There’s got to be another way !

abb396978de44f6da38f8da745f930fc_front.jpg

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
This goalie situation has the chance of completely sinking the Oilers season. Striking out on this goalie carousel of 3rd string guys bouncing around and being the only one left without a seat is a big blunder by Holland.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
This goalie situation has the chance of completely sinking the Oilers season. Striking out on this goalie carousel of 3rd string guys bouncing around and being the only one left without a seat is a big blunder by Holland.

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think there's a huge drop-off in the goalie market from Smith.

Reactions: Declassified

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
I wonder if the Oil have any interest in MAF? Vegas would obviously have to retain on him and/or take Chiasson

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Skinner had miserable numbers in the ECHL and AHL.

There’s got to be another way !
Skinner’s numbers last year are deceptive because of how bad Bakersfield as a whole was. He really came on the second half of the year and with how he’s been the first goalie in camp both in the summer return and this winter he could be poised for a breakout season imo. That said it’s definitely not ideal at all for him to be thrown into this, he needs to be playing in the AHL.

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006

He filled it pretty early on by signing Forsberg, and now in hindsight he screwed up by not having him on the 23 man roster. Curious how many other teams had 3 goalies on their initial 23 man roster, going to guess not many. If we had done that and lost Lagesson, would have had a lot of people mad as well. Hands up how many people were angry at the time when we declared our 23 man roster and didn't see Forsberg's name on it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad