Post-Game Talk: lower case

3 stars

• Total voters

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
People use this forum to vent when the team is shit so they don’t feel alone with their thoughts. I’m not gonna post 10 times in a row saying “wow they’re amazing!” There’s nothing to say, they’re playing good I don’t have anything to converse about. I can enjoy good hockey. You really think I need to sit here and circle jerk the team to validate your opinion?
On the other hand no one on this forum signed up to be a therapist or have rivers of complaints dumped on them. You don’t need to sit here and “circle jerk” over them playing well, but you think everyone else needs to sit here and get bombarded with how bad we suck even when we win? Maybe there is some kind of middle ground where we at least dwell on the good as much as the bad? I mean is that a crazy thing to propose? Hahaha. This team has way more wins than loses, how is impossible to find positive things to talk about? A relationship where one person just showers others with negativity is generally considered an abusive one. I’m sure you don’t intend that, but maybe it’s something to consider. or maybe I’m just f***ing crazy. Hahaha.

wolfgaze

Interesting Cat
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2006
Earth
Here's hoping they'll 'healthy scratch' Messier for the remainder of the (horrendous) ESPN broadcast season.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
What's an elite goal scorer to you because I don't get it. The guy has 34 goals in 67 games which on pace for 41 goals which would match his career high.
It depends on what you're definition of elite is. He's 15th in the league in goals. Elite is top5ish imo

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Here's hoping they'll 'healthy scratch' Messier for the remainder of the (horrendous) ESPN broadcast season.
I kinda like some of what Mess has to say but yeah he's not used to being a color guy and knowing how to get in what he wants to say in a timely manner and not interupt the game flow. Sometimes he'd just get distracted and lose himself or ramble, but some of his candor and things to say aren't bad compared to the comments and insight we get from other former players doing color and such

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
It depends on what you're definition of elite is. He's 15th in the league in goals. Elite is top5ish imo
Zib is very pedestrian at ES but absolutely electric on the PP. For players with at least 150 PP minutes, he's third in g/60. At ES, he's 125th out of 339 forwards with at least 500 minutes.

Reactions: duhmetreE

bhamill

Apr 16, 2012
Well I guess that's true. If your definition of elite is top 1% of any particular year that's basically top 7 scorers. He's not far off. But if you want to say top 1% over the last 5 years where does he fall?

Kravtsov420

May 4, 2019
On the other hand no one on this forum signed up to be a therapist or have rivers of complaints dumped on them. You don’t need to sit here and “circle jerk” over them playing well, but you think everyone else needs to sit here and get bombarded with how bad we suck even when we win? Maybe there is some kind of middle ground where we at least dwell on the good as much as the bad? I mean is that a crazy thing to propose? Hahaha. This team has way more wins than loses, how is impossible to find positive things to talk about? A relationship where one person just showers others with negativity is generally considered an abusive one. I’m sure you don’t intend that, but maybe it’s something to consider. or maybe I’m just f***ing crazy. Hahaha.
Being a rangers fan is an abusive relationship

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
You said you wished he would be an elite goal scorer again like he was a few years ago and he is on the same pace for the same amount which is 41 goals. It's all semantics anyway but being 15th in the league means he is in the top 4% of forwards so yea that to me is elite.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Well I guess that's true. If your definition of elite is top 1% of any particular year that's basically top 7 scorers. He's not far off. But if you want to say top 1% over the last 5 years where does he fall?
10th. 158goals. Top 5 are around or above 200goals. Top is Draisaitl at 223. Matthews 216.

You said you wished he would be an elite goal scorer again like he was a few years ago and he is on the same pace for the same amount which is 41 goals. It's all semantics anyway but being 15th in the league means he is in the top 5% of forwards so yea that to me is elite.
He had 41 in 57. That's not close to the same pace.

Reactions: bhamill

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad