TSN: Lowe to address media at 10:30 (Tambo fired(yay!), MacT GM(wat?), Howson promoted)

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
tambo is fired.................replaced with

kelly buchburger

Wheathead

Formally a McRib
Apr 4, 2008
Saskatoon
CHED is carrying the presser at 10:30 according to Tencer.

CHED wouldn't carry it unless it was big news... right?

StickShift

In a pickle 🥒
Feb 29, 2004
New York
Its-happening_o_129980.gif

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Tambo is fired, replaced by MacT.

In all seriousness, probably just a state of the team address saying that everything is on the right track (meaningful games in April), have patience, we have faith in the GM and the coaches. Blah Blah Blah.
Or maybe it's about the World Championships or something like that?

There is a teeny tiny part of me that is thinking that somebody is being fired or stepping down but that's the teeny tiny part of me that thought the Oilers could make the playoffs after the 5 game winning streak so there you go.

BowDangles

May 2, 2010
Edmonton
"The Edmonton Oilers have decided to promote Tambo to asst of Hockey Ops and promote Scott Howson to GM".

"Why yes I will work Howson as a puppet like I have been with Tambo"

"We have decided to change our 3 approval approach to a 4 approval approach now including Scott"

"redundant you say? why yes I agree, good thing Katz is too stupid to see what is going on hey?"

*fingers crowd and walks away*

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
I'll be pissed if Tambo is fired and no one else is changed. The guys on the team 1260 hit the nail on the head. Our pro scouts have no idea what they are doing. Tambo is a rookie GM that relies on getting the right information from these guys and the continue to trade for damaged goods. I mean look at the list:

Pitkanen, Cole, Osullivan, Belanger, Eager, Hordichuck, Schultz, Khabby, etc. They were in theory supposed to fill roles but none of them were a scouted properly.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
It's either something Oilers related that is "positive", something Oilers related that is "Disasterous" or Something Hockey Canada Related.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
The Oilers are pleased to announce that they are adding John Muckler, Ted Green, Ron Low, Georges Laraque, Lee Fogolin, and Randy Gregg to the management team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad