"low life" Sedin is living the high life with a convicted drug smuggler

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
Vancouver Canucks winger Daniel Sedin unwittingly took a scenic helicopter trip last week with a longtime gangster who has served time in the U.S. for drug smuggling.

Anti-gang police warned the Canucks about the history of Edward (Skeeter) Russell after Postmedia News obtained a photo of Russell and Sedin that the convicted smuggler posted on social media last week.

http://www.theprovince.com/news/cri...+ride+with+convicted+drug/12681733/story.html

I thought this was hilarious

Last edited:

Hollywood Burrows

Jan 23, 2009
EAST VANCOUVER
You realize that when you use these ---> " " it's to quote someone else's words, yes? Who called Daniel Sedin a "lowlife"? The word doesn't appear in the article you linked.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
oh you used a quote from a completely unrelated story from months earlier. I wouldn't say that makes it "clearer", but I appreciate your explanation.

That's why Dennis Miller is under appreciated. Calling a Sedin a "lowlife" is so beyond funny that I thought the whole lower mainland must've heard about it.

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
This is why you cant have nice things vancouver. This guy did his time and has a real skill operating helicopters. Who the f cares

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
You realize that when you use these ---> " " it's to quote someone else's words, yes? Who called Daniel Sedin a "lowlife"? The word doesn't appear in the article you linked.
oh you used a quote from a completely unrelated story from months earlier. I wouldn't say that makes it "clearer", but I appreciate your explanation.
Yikes.

GetFocht

Indestructible
Jun 11, 2013
This is why you cant have nice things vancouver. This guy did his time and has a real skill operating helicopters. Who the f cares

lol we can't have "nice things", damn Vancouver, why do you deserve a convicted drug smuggler turned helicopter pilot.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan

There was nothing incorrect with the posters use of quotes, as you've given an example of in this post. Bizarre comment.

Rule 8a. Quotation marks are often used with technical terms, terms used in an unusual way, or other expressions that vary from standard usage.

Examples:
It's an oil-extraction method known as "fracking."
He did some "experimenting" in his college days.
I had a visit from my "friend" the tax man.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
lol we can't have "nice things", damn Vancouver, why do you deserve a convicted drug smuggler turned helicopter pilot.

Didn't seem to hurt this guy:

Gordon_campbell_arrested_dui.jpg

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Feel bad for this guy. Sounds like he did his time and just wants to go about his life in peace.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad