Low Key Dirty Players

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
I can see why fans would hate Ekholm, Subban, or Forsberg, but what the hell did Fiala do? :laugh:

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
Getzlaf and Kesler are two of dirtiest players that go unnoticed by referees. Is that low key dirty?

deletethis

Mar 17, 2015
Toronto
Not a low key player but fans seldom discuss how Ovechkin might be one of the dirtiest players in the NHL.

Max Pacioretty is super dirty and I'm not sure he's recognized as that. Retired but it always bugged me that Erik Cole wasn't recognized as being a dirty player (maybe because he was the type to run you from behind then apologize).

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I'm a Pens fan.

No argument but he's not as bad as Malkin.

Malkin can lose his mind and do stupid, dirty things.

They both put up with more than most so I understand the retaliation and don't personally mind it. Gordie Howe was a hero for stuff like this. I'm not sure why Crosby is a villain for striking back every now and then.
It's a different game now.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Malkin for sure. And in the interest of fairness I will also offer up Oshie. He's not going to hit anyone's radar as a dangerous player but getting to watch him nightly the last few years I've seen plenty of little annoying things he does out there to piss guys off, which is why he gets beat on so much. You might say that's more of a "pest" but he also brings the big hits that add to the taunting nature of his behavior.

McDLT

I'm a style boy for life
Mar 1, 2016
Calgary
I came to say Malkin - Probably the best player that i would consider to be "low-key dirty". I would also say that the Claude Noel era Jets had a general team strategy of being as dirty as they could without getting caught.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Filip Forsberg
He's more unnoticed for his diving tendencies tbh. I remember one Ducks/Preds playoff GDT where I think one of the Ducks slightly embellished and fell a little too easily and the Ducks got a powerplay and fans from all teams were howling page after page about how pathetic that dive was. Then they completely ignored when Forsberg acted like he got shot in the face and dropped like a corpse when Bieksa waved his stick a foot from his face making no contact at all.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad