NFL: Lovie Smith fired

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Mills got worse and their record got worse than it was with Culley last year, they were 30th in pts for and 27th against both years

Lovie did nothing besides stand there and look like Santa

Not saying he should be fired, but he accomplished no more than the guy before him did

And everyone thought Culley did a very nice job last year too. Neither of those guys got fired on merit.

TheGreenTBer

shut off the power while I take a big shit
Apr 30, 2021
I so love that he went for two just to stick it to them on his way out.

Lovie Smith, bear down!

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Lovie was hired to be fired. He was actually promoted to be fired.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I so love that he went for two just to stick it to them on his way out.

Lovie Smith, bear down!
With nothing to play for, there was no need to risk further injury to his players having them go into OT. Either win the game there or have to onside kick it which they likely would not recover and thus lose the game.

Doubt any players on either side wanted to go into OT. Think Saturday would have done the same thing for Indy.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Lol DeMeco ain't going to bother with the Texans. In fact, if memory serves he left the team on pretty bad terms in his playing days and isn't particularly fond of the organization.

Any coaching prospect worth their weight should be passing on Houston.

DeMeco is going to end up with a team where they already have pieces in place on D. Denver or Carolina (if they decide to move on from Wilkes) make the most sense.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Lol DeMeco ain't going to bother with the Texans. In fact, if memory serves he left the team on pretty bad terms in his playing days and isn't particularly fond of the organization.

Any coaching prospect worth their weight should be passing on Houston.

DeMeco is going to end up with a team where they already have pieces in place on D. Denver or Carolina (if they decide to move on from Wilkes) make the most sense.

Makes sense for DeMeco

At very least if you have D pieces in place for a D oriented coach that is key to a quick turnaround. Most D coaches feel they can win building great D and whatever offense they can piece together

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
The thing always in favor of bad organizations is that there are only so many head coaching opportunities, and beggars can’t be choosers.

But honestly, a place with a messy ownership and management with no stability in the head coaching role? That’s an ugly landing spot.

Hasbro

Family Friend
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2004
South Rectangle
1673323686844.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Seems to be alot of rumblings around Gannon. Take him away.
I don’t get why eagles fans are so desperate to get rid of him. He would be the hardest person to replace in the building outside of the QB, WR1 and head coach.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I don’t get why eagles fans are so desperate to get rid of him. He would be the hardest person to replace in the building outside of the QB, WR1 and head coach.
If Payton goes to Denver then i don't think Fangio will go with him. He would be the logical replacement. It is unwillingness to play more man. Look at the game in Dallas and the splits Dak had between zone and man. Or on the 3rd and 30 play. The one time he actually isn't vanilla is when you should be, not trying to disguise coverages.

I don't think he is terrible, just despite what the numbers say the Eagles defense under him hasn't had a good defensive game against an elite quarterback yet. Dak and Rodgers are the only two elite quarterbacks they played and both picked them apart. Granted, this could all change in the playoffs.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
If Payton goes to Denver then i don't think Fangio will go with him. He would be the logical replacement. It is unwillingness to play more man. Look at the game in Dallas and the splits Dak had between zone and man. Or on the 3rd and 30 play. The one time he actually isn't vanilla is when you should be, not trying to disguise coverages.

I don't think he is terrible, just despite what the numbers say the Eagles defense under him hasn't had a good defensive game against an elite quarterback yet. Dak and Rodgers are the only two elite quarterbacks they played and both picked them apart. Granted, this could all change in the playoffs.
3rd & 30 is just a blown play. They have a bad day and it’s still 6 sacks with a pick six.

Rodgers completed 11 passes with 2 picks, Love gets one big completion, it’s still barely 250 yards. They played ahead 2 touchdowns a lot of the second half. Packers score 33, but forget how silly the first half was with turnovers.

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
Mills got worse and their record got worse than it was with Culley last year, they were 30th in pts for and 27th against both years

Lovie did nothing besides stand there and look like Santa

Not saying he should be fired, but he accomplished no more than the guy before him did
Mills is not that good my guy.

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
Regressing is normal. Not Lovies fault.

The team got slightly worse as a whole, if you want to say it wasn't Lovie's fault, that is fine, but at the same time you also can't give him credit for doing anything positive either. All his experience and they were just as bad as they were with a guy who had no experience

Lovie was just a mannequin in the passenger seat so they could use the carpool lane

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Lovie was always one and done. They knew they were gonna be bad again and tanking. I think they only hired him because they got called racist for firing Culley after one year (he was also hired to be fired) and didn't wanna get ripped for hiring a very green McCown.

I don't think Lovie was the answer anyway and the game has probably passed him by, but it's just a gong show organization. And a roster very deplete of talent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad