Lounge OG's

Mantis

I am a doctah
Mar 7, 2011
Crimetown, Saskatchewan
@Finnish your Czech are you going to put a stop to this embarassing behavior? He's shaming your whole family!

Not because of his post, but because he is only semi-hard. Posting on HF is only recommended when fully standing at attention.
My boy doesnt have enough blood to raise that mast. Thats why he is always getting light headed. I actually seen him faint a few times.

Reactions: OmniCube

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Reviews of Joe Thornton for me. And any info I could get on newest acquisition Jason Allison.

don't you love all these rookies claiming to be OGS

I can tell ya the exact date I joined September 6th 1997, I was in a cafe in Liverpool while the rest of the world was watching some funeral

my problem was I got drunk in 2001, changed my log in name and password and forgot both and the email address I first used to join

but I am 75.5% sure I was the original crazycanuck but I at some point in time changed my name to toofarnorth or junkyarddog or something and forgot what it was

and then add into the mix the fact the site crashed all the time and was off time for a few days at a time sometimes--it was annoying

Reactions: Gee Wally

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO

I can tell ya the exact date I joined September 6th 1997, I was in a cafe in Liverpool while the rest of the world was watching some funeral

my problem was I got drunk in 2001, changed my log in name and password and forgot both and the email address I first used to join

but I am 75.5% sure I was the original crazycanuck but I at some point in time changed my name to toofarnorth or junkyarddog or something and forgot what it was

and then add into the mix the fact the site crashed all the time and was off time for a few days at a time sometimes--it was annoying

Last edited:

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

LOL, such a child.

Back in my day, before I changed my account name, we did the HF Boards thing with pen and paper, writing posts on index cards and then submitting them to the giant HF card catalogue located at a facility in Topeka, Kansas where obsessed fans would finger their way through them.

This would have been around 1982.

You kids and your "internet".

You think a crash is annoying?

How about flying out to f***ing Topeka and finding out that someone dumped the Main Board drawer out on the floor and all of the thread posts were out of order?

You entitled little shits.

Last edited:

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
LOL, such a child.

Back in my day, before I changed my account name, we did the HF Boards thing with pen and paper, writing posts on index cards and then submitting them to the giant HF card catalogue located at a facility in Topeka, Kansas where obsessed fans would finger their way through them.

How about flying out to ****ing Topeka and finding out that someone dumped the Main Board drawer out on the floor and all of the thread posts were out of order?

You entitled little ****s.

lol @ not using arpanet at least. Sucks you were behind the times, bro. Don't shit on us for your ignorance.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
literally 3 years after the creation of usenet, and this guy is still out here using Rolodex and airplanes. smh

Idiot.

I was dumbing it down for you folks. Airplanes and rolodex? Uh, sound familiar?

It's not easy to explain Unix-to-Unix Copy (UUCP) dial-up network architecture to a bunch of millennials.

Drawer on the floor? Uuencode binary digital file transfers overwhelming Usenet platforms?

Just because you weren't hip to the l33tspeak of the times.

Who actually physically goes to Topeka anyway? I mean, c'mon, how could you possibly interpret it that way?

In any event, I won't go into the Great UNIVAC HFBoards Experiment of 1952™ because you kids just wouldn't understand.

Last edited:

LarryFisherman

o̯̘̍͋̀͌̂͒͋͋ͯ̿ͯͦ̈́ͬ͒̚̚
May 9, 2013
Arvada, CO
Idiot.

It's not easy to explain Unix-to-Unix Copy (UUCP) dial-up network architecture to a bunch of millennials.

Drawer on the floor? Uuencode binary digital file transfers overwhelming Usenet platforms?

Who actually physically goes to Topeka anyway? I mean, c'mon, how could you possibly interpret it that way?

In any event, I won't go into the Great UNIVAC HFBoards Experiment of 1952™ because you kids just wouldn't understand.

lmao @ being born before 1987. clown.

get gud bruh

Reactions: NyQuil

member 157595

Idiot.

That's where the scatbox and Rogues' Den both came from. True story.

Reactions: NyQuil

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
LOL, such a child.

How about flying out to ****ing Topeka and finding out that someone dumped the Main Board drawer out on the floor and all of the thread posts were out of order?

You entitled little ****s.

the closest I came to the innder circle is when I drank in florida with one of the brothers who started this site--when I asked if I could be a mod--he looked at me like I had five heads

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Who was that one guy in Rogues Den who was clearly a huge liar? Vsx or something like that?

Reactions: CycloneLaunch

member 157595

You were great, until Zoidberg.....

giphy.gif

Who was that one guy in Rogues Den who was clearly a huge liar? Vsx or something like that?

I think I remember who you're talking about, I think his username was vcx.

member 157595

the closest I came to the innder circle is when I drank in florida with one of the brothers who started this site--when I asked if I could be a mod--he looked at me like I had five heads

You mean the Taylors?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad