Lounge OG's

member 157595

damn, i totally forgot about that dude. he just disappeared one day.

classic HFBreakdowns

He got *'ed at least once and eventually gave up making alts for the time being. No idea if he's still here in some capacity.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
lol I remember being like 'this modera....no GLOBAL moderator is pretty damn rough around the edges for a peacekeeper'....and then you were fired. Good story for the grandkids one day.

Well, just to be straight for the record, I quit.

I had been attending an Ottawa-Buffalo game and things went crazy, and I remember telling Mrs_NyQuil, “I gotta get home because the boards are going to blow up.”

And then I thought, yeah, this is a job. I’ve got to pass it on to someone else.

@discostu showed me the ropes - he’s still the model mod.

Reactions: Ceremony and romba

member 157595

Well, just to be straight for the record, I quit.

I had been attending an Ottawa-Buffalo game and things went crazy, and I remember telling Mrs_NyQuil, “I gotta get home because the boards are going to blow up.”

And then I thought, yeah, this is a job. I’ve got to pass it on to someone else.

@discostu showed me the ropes - he’s still the model mod.

Does discostu post anymore? I feel like I don't see him often.

I agree though, terrific guy.

discostu

Nov 12, 2002
Nomadville
Visit site
Does discostu post anymore? I feel like I don't see him often.

I agree though, terrific guy.

I hear he's quite the jerk actually.

For the record, I post on the entertainment, the tennis threads in the other sports forum and occasionally check into the Melnyk lawsuit thread on the Sens board to see if there's anything that may push the guy out anytime soon.

Reactions: NyQuil

member 157595

Unless you've completely changed I call bollocks on that, my friend.

I remember you from long, long ago...back when I took this place seriously and actually cared about hockey. I respected you no matter how much I hated the Senators at the time (and I despised them.)

For the record, I post on the entertainment, the tennis threads in the other sports forum and occasionally check into the Melnyk lawsuit thread on the Sens board to see if there's anything that may push the guy out anytime soon.

Everyone should hope for this, no matter what team they cheer for. Worst owner in North American major sports.

Reactions: discostu

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

giphy.gif

member 157595

Kids and their new fangled toys. Discord in my day was arguing who was better Svitov or Chistov. :)

Did the Dustin Rose thing start on the pre-vBulletin forum, the one from prior to 2002? I know that Skoula's puck poise started before 2002.

Someday Rose will get drafted...if he allows it.

Slats432

Jun 2, 2002
hockeypedia.com
Did the Dustin Rose thing start on the pre-vBulletin forum, the one from prior to 2002? I know that Skoula's puck poise started before 2002.

Someday Rose will get drafted...if he allows it.
I think so...but if you google Dustin Rose HFboards results...there are over 700 references....there is even one that is a Malkin vs. Ovechkin thread that is absolutely hilarious.

Jul 17, 2006
New Zealand
There was definitely a period (UT secret chat era) I used to love logging in and posting in the lounge, it’s a shame those threads are gone (if they weren’t already removed by a moderator anyway) because some of them used to kill me.

It takes a truly generational posting talent like @Roman Fell to consistently post across multiple eras

Reactions: OmniCube

member 157595

There was definitely a period (UT secret chat era) I used to love logging in and posting in the lounge, it’s a shame those threads are gone (if they weren’t already removed by a moderator anyway) because some of them used to kill me.

It takes a truly generational posting talent like @Roman Fell to consistently post across multiple eras

other forums have tried to trade for ix but his cap hit is so low for the posts he provides that his trade value exceeds his actual value

Reactions: JMCx4

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad