Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

CaptainUgly

Jackie made me look in the mirror for punishment
Apr 22, 2018
Never. The OP tried to peddle this BS in the Series thread and got shut down hard; his 'evidence' was an old HF thread that was locked since it was shown to be all based on lies. I don't know why he's persisting in his ignorance - maybe he has some ex from Winnipeg who broke his heart and he can't get over it.

At any rate, I touched base with my STH rep at True North yesterday and the entire first round is already sold out, save for a handful of singles and resale tickets. Resale tickets are starting at $295.63 for nosebleeds and go up to $1,064.25 (each) for four tickets on the glass behind the home bench.

And I would definitely argue that Winnipeg is the loudest arena in the playoffs. When the Jets tied the Preds in the second period in game three the crowd was so loud we couldn't hear the goal horn.

This would be an interesting thing for teams to try and quantify. Have a few independent and unbiased individuals in every arena armed with decibel meters and report back. The Bombers and Roughriders had a loudest crowd comparison a few seasons ago; TSN had decibel meters stationed at Mosaic Stadium and Investors Group Field for the Labour Day Classic and the Banjo Bowl respectively. IGF won by quite a bit iirc. That said, it's been argued that the difference came from differences in construction between the two stadiums and I can't really argue against that point. I've been to the Labour Day Classic at the old Taylor Field in Regina and it was pretty damn loud.

m.
Why give simple jack the attention they crave?

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I'll go with the players on this one

Vegas, Carolina, and Boston as the loudest

GKzqbOnXkAEV2z5

How do they define "toughest to play in"

The atmosphere is probably just part of the equation. Outside of montreal, all these teams are more or less at the top end of their compeitive cycle right now.

hirawl

Used Register
Dec 27, 2010
Carolina, Winnipeg, Nashville are the loudest. Others are not.

This info is from a reliable source of just knowing it.

• Haha
Reactions: triggrman

flying squirrel

Feb 11, 2019
Lightning crowd is lacking compared to some of the crazier places in NHL. They've gotten better bringing it, but they still need good play results to much, to be in a crazed state. That craziness should be from get go, especially during playoffs. But that's a trade off I'll take with Lightning successes, and maybe the quite helps players/coaches communicate at home better. Who knows.....

Nashville fans comes to mind when thinking of a tough crowd, that energizes their team 1st, and makes it difficult for opponents. Love watching when their crowd is on. Carolina can get pretty insane too and deserves mentioning.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
All are mostly meh to bad by European standards.
Common complaint I've heard by Finnish people is that in America, people only cheer for goals and are quiet otherwise. Pretty different over here.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
Its still a good atmosphere for the playoffs, but I don't know how some of these people do it, I know its NYC and all and they have disposable income but even for regular season games the prices are crazy
There are enough people in the area ensuring an endless supply of "Even though I can't really afford it, I'll treat myself once or twice a year and pay $300 for a ticket" fans.

Reactions: Breaded Fox

RooBicks

Oct 12, 2020
Loudest riots too.
What's hilarious about these comments is that nobody I'm aware of from Vancouver and surrounding area gives a shit. We also held the most socially engaged, crowd cultivating urban Winter Olympics in the history of the games without a single significant incident, and we're proud of that. A bunch of angry dudes from all over the country high five over it while shoveling their driveways, and most people I know of in Vancouver shrug.

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
What's hilarious about these comments is that nobody I'm aware of from Vancouver and surrounding area gives a shit. We also held the most socially engaged, crowd cultivating urban Winter Olympics in the history of the games without a single significant incident, and we're proud of that. A bunch of angry dudes from all over the country high five over it while shoveling their driveways, and most people I know of in Vancouver shrug.
Just posting nonsense for fun. I love Vancouver. Only visited once but that place is special. Like your team too.

Reactions: RooBicks

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
I don't mean this is a diss but I feel like Tampa is always average for playoffs. Not that they're quiet but I wouldn't think of them as particularly loud compared to other teams.

Nashville's gonna surprise some of y'all. Bridgestone gets LOUD loud in the playoffs

This hasn't been a secret since 2011. :laugh:

Nizami Ganjavi

Greasy Meatball
Jul 27, 2022
I don't mean this is a diss but I feel like Tampa is always average for playoffs. Not that they're quiet but I wouldn't think of them as particularly loud compared to other teams.
I think a lot of that has to do with the success they've had.

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
Nashville's gonna surprise some of y'all. Bridgestone gets LOUD loud in the playoffs
It's not going to surprise me. Smashville was wildly loud when we played you guys in the second round in 2018. Does Nashville still do the 'it's all your fault' bit when they score?

m.

Reactions: triggrman

barkovcanfinnish

remember to breathe
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I’m a Panthers fan and while I will defend our home-ice crowd it’s asinine to say we’re the loudest. Quite a few teams have the argument but I don’t know if I’d say we’re the “loudest”.

With that said, I’d put the noise from the Tkachuk goal against the Hurricanes in Game 4 of the ECF up against anyone. That was an unreal moment and equally matched by everyone going crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad