Loudest Arena? Quietest Arena?

Jets4Life

Dec 25, 2003
Westward Ho, Alberta
For loudest I’ll go Florida. They had a nice run last season and their fans are salivating for that cup.

For quietest I’ll go Winnipeg. Smallest arena and the barn has rarely been full this season. In the past they’ve even failed to sellout playoff games.
Do you actually believe that if you lie enough about a particular market, people will eventually believe you?

When has Winnipeg ever failed to sell out a playoff game?
They have sold out every playoff game. NextBigThing has a history of false claims about certain markets (Boston, Toronto, Winnipeg, etc).

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
So far Winnipeg and Vancouver have Brough it.

Edmonton can be loud tomorrow if they are winning, I know last season you could hear a pin drop in the arena when they lost
You must be thinking about vancouver from tonight. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pure crickets until Vancouver scored back to back in the third. The Saros chant only started with the Nucks in the lead.

Pretty poor showing for a fanbase that hasn't seen playoff hockey for ten years.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Rogers Place in Edmonton will be bonkers inside and outside the building as per usual

I assume the suits in Toronto will be the quietest
The prices for Canucks tickets are kinda nuts as well. Are most arenas not mostly populated by "the suits" these days? :dunno:

Jay26

Jul 13, 2022
Kamloops
As per usual, the playoff Vancouver crowd brought it. Yeah it went quiet at parts but that's because it was a very sleepy game for the first two periods or so. Our team for whatever reason goes long stretches with hardly any offensive thrust and it's frustrating to watch. But still, the crowd gave the team a pick me up whenever they needed it and the team rewarded them with a clutch finish to the game.

Reactions: Three On Zero

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine

Three On Zero

Deranged Oreo Dolphin Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
In a recent interview with the Athletic on the Leafs history of losing important playoff games in Boston, Kadri said the loudest building he's ever played in was TD Garden, G7 2013.

Canadian markets can be some of the loudest and rowdiest

Reactions: Summer Rose

MartinBe

Dec 1, 2021
I always get Noise notification on my Apple Watch when I attend Djurgården at Hovet but it is different fan cultures over here and the tickets are affordable which allows the passionate fans to attend :D

However, for corporate hockey I think Canucks are the loudest (from tv).

Reactions: VanCanucks53

Summer Rose

Red Like Roses
Sponsor
May 3, 2012
Gainesville, Florida
Of all the games I've watched so far, hence a sample size of 5 (I didn't catch any of Vancouver vs. Nashville last night), the loudest so far has been Canada Life Centre. Quietest was probably Amerant Bank Arena, but that one was influenced by me watching on a different screen (with my husband) than the other four games, so there was an inconsistency in volume level.

Reactions: hn777

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
You must be thinking about vancouver from tonight. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Pure crickets until Vancouver scored back to back in the third. The Saros chant only started with the Nucks in the lead.

Pretty poor showing for a fanbase that hasn't seen playoff hockey for ten years.
Did the stat sheet tell you that? I didnt know the stat sheet measures the decibles and loudness of an arena

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
I always get Noise notification on my Apple Watch when I attend Djurgården at Hovet but it is different fan cultures over here and the tickets are affordable which allows the passionate fans to attend :D

However, for corporate hockey I think Canucks are the loudest (from tv).
They were very loud to the point i couldn't hear the broadcaster in the arena talking at some points. Anyone who is saying they were not loud are just trolling lol. In fact the players couldn't hear the whistle in some instances. I think the 7th man for the Canucks gave them a boost in the 2nd half of the game and it was chaotic after Joshua scored.

Reactions: D0ctorCool

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Hello , do the broadcasts add fake crowd noises during broadcasts? I noticed that the live game feed crowd level does not match up with the highlights sound crowd and the sound on the replays

Reactions: Summer Rose

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad