Lou Statue in Championship Plaza?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Not a Lou thing.

I am all for the banner but I do not think Lou would want that.

Lou doesn't work here anymore so he doesn't have a say really. It isn't like he is going to refuse to come (that isn't what Lou would do either). He will ask for it not to be insanely grand, so ya he won't want a statue.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Our last home game is against the Leafs. If Lou is in the house (and TG and Chere should know early on)

Should we as fans just take matters into our own hands and give him a standing Lou chant?

ForeverJerseyGirl

Dec 14, 2014
New Jersey
Our last home game is against the Leafs. If Lou is in the house (and TG and Chere should know early on)

Should we as fans just take matters into our own hands and give him a standing Lou chant?

Hopefully he gets a tribute video thing like Trotz did in Nashville. He deserves it in my opinion.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Hopefully he gets a tribute video thing like Trotz did in Nashville. He deserves it in my opinion.

Hopefully he gets a hell lot more than a tribute video. I know Lou won't want it, but he doesn't call the shots anymore! Give him a damn statue! Or at least a banner

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Yeah, that might work better.

PLus its our final home game and fan appreciation night. Should be a large crowd. Perfect time to just take over via sound.

It was similar on Marty's last home game as a Devil. Crowd went into business for itself and celebrated him off the ice.

I want Lou in the building confirmed, then the crowd to just shower him with love so much that the broadcast is forced to acknowledge it.

Richer's Ghost

Bourbonite
Apr 19, 2007
photoshop labor camp somewhere in MN
Yes. I meant just for the first home game versus the Leafs, I think the Devils should do a tribute video.

This is not a video of the greatest GM in the world, it's just a tribute.

tenaciousd_160x120.jpg

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
Marty night will be this year. Probably sooner than we think.

Flex Membership fans should contact their rep and allocate tickets to one or both of these games now before the Devils jack up the prices once Marty night is announced.

11/10 vs Blues
11/27 vs Habs

And if it doesn't happen you get to see two good teams come into Newark.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Flex Membership fans should contact their rep and allocate tickets to one or both of these games now before the Devils jack up the prices once Marty night is announced.

11/10 vs Blues
11/27 vs Habs

And if it doesn't happen you get to see two good teams come into Newark.

FWIW the Leafs are home during Thanksgiving week but have no game on the 27th so Lou could make it then for a Marty night...the Blues are in Pittsburgh on the 25th then have two days off before their next game at home on the 28th. The Leafs are in Dallas on the 10th fwiw.

mtnet

LGD!
Oct 31, 2014
There should be a ceremony but it won't be open to the public.

nailed it, funny as hell

I'm all in favor of some form of memorial at the rock

though as many have said here already I can't see it happening anytime soon

GhostofKenKlee

Too bad the Governor of the state and the team is polarizing overall in the state. The guy is arguably one of the best in his craft in any sport and my friends in Canada still can't believe how much of a non story this was in it's own market.

JerryGigantic

Old Skool
Jul 17, 2006
New York
Marty night will be this year. Probably sooner than we think.

I looked through Fire & Ice but cannot find the reference, but I distinctly recall Shero saying that there would be both a Marty Night and a Lou Night this upcoming season, but the actual timing needed to be worked out with them.

Despite being the GM for another team, Lou will get his crappy painting, weird framed jersey and watch from Fords Jewelers this season. Doubt that includes being up in the rafters, but you never know.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
The article in question was nj.com I believe:

http://www.nj.com/devils/index.ssf/2015/07/when_will_the_devils_retire_martin_brodeurs_no_30.html

"That's something for conversation in a little while. It's not like there should be a waiting period for (either of) them to be honored here. That's for sure. As soon as possible when it's most comfortable for them. That's what the fans want and what makes sense."

While he's not explicitly saying this year he did indicate the Marty thing was in the works pre-him taking over. It's just Marty and Lou both being in different places make it hard to schedule nights for both.

Techno Devil*

He deserves it. Whether he accepts it is a different story. I also think they should create or re-name a trophy for him.

Due to the fact that I can't find any evidence stating otherwise, does anybody know if there is a hockey GM in the HOF that never played in the NHL or was inducted not on the basis of their playing career?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I looked through Fire & Ice but cannot find the reference, but I distinctly recall Shero saying that there would be both a Marty Night and a Lou Night this upcoming season, but the actual timing needed to be worked out with them.

Despite being the GM for another team, Lou will get his crappy painting, weird framed jersey and watch from Fords Jewelers this season. Doubt that includes being up in the rafters, but you never know.

NHL.com ran the same story.

My guess is there will be a Marty night this year but a Lou night might happen a few years down the line.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
A Lou night probably shouldn't happen this year, or until he retires from working for another organization. Unless of course he's still working in 3 years or so down the line, then it wouldn't be so weird.

They absolutely should acknowledge him on the tron during the game against Toronto though, our season finale this year. The first and only time Toronto visits this season.

Like show him on the tron and have the fans give him a huge ovation for a couple minutes during the first TV timeout or something. And a video package or something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad