Lou appreciation thread

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Yeah. The biggest issue as I see it is the amount of years with one retention spot less. That's a lot of potential value in trades that we lose out on.

I honestly don't think so.

we have 2. I doubt very much we would ever have three going at once. so basically the way i see it is (especially now that we've got all the other bad contracts off the books - Bozak is fine imo, and Lupul saves up because he's always injured) - we don't lose out on anything anymore.

Excellent assessment & comments Daisy.

If anyone thinks Lamoriello would have come to the Leafs in late July & quickly made a trade of an asset like Kessel without first learning about all the other assets within the organization, they are sorely wrong.

Would Lamoriello have made a better deal? Maybe, don't know, don't really care, I'm very happy with what we got. The deal was done when it had to be done. I would prefer no retention. But it was created for these type of circumstances & we will have 2 more spots by the end of this year.

For anyone that is curious, I am a HUGE Lamoriello fan. The day he was signed I called it a home run & expressed my thrill of the signing. Of the GM's that I know, there is no other that I respect as much as I respect Lamoriello.

agreed. (well i was like, kinda shocked and worried - but after the initial, "wow") I was good with it.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Probably could have taken some of the restrictions off the pick and avoided the salary retention with Lou in charge, but it's looking like a flat out win that the Leafs shifted Kessel onto Pittsburgh's plate. Rutherford may have won all the battles, but lost the war.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad