Lou appreciation thread

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Not going to lie, in the summer I was kind of like wtf? man we gave up a third... How old is lou again... etc

But man, this guy has done a first rate job here and I think its safe to say that he has shocked most of us. He might end up being the most important person to this rebuild one day. In the last month he has done more for the organization than any manager I have ever seen.

Thank you lou; what a great man.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Let's wait to see how it turns out before the massive praise. There's a lot left to do to be honest.

Amassing picks is probably the easiest part of the rebuild, more or less. It's what you do with them that will dictate how it goes going forward.

It's a good start though.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Let's wait to see how it turns out before the massive praise. There's a lot left to do to be honest.

Amassing picks is only the beginning.

I mean think about the contracts he moved too, thats pretty veteran man

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Lou's job was basically to come in and maximize the value out of what the Leafs had on their roster .. He won't be around when those picks turn into NHLers.

He's doing a first rate job.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Amassing picks is probably the easiest part of the rebuild, more or less. It's what you do with them that will dictate how it goes going forward.

It's a good start though.

Really?
So easy that . . . we have seen it so often before? How common is that, exactly?

Myself, I think when you're on a sinking ship and trying to sell off parts . . . I think it's one of the most difficult and demanding jobs, to build up value and get good value at the best price you think you can get. It's an incredible skill.

A skill that Lou has in spades, from what I've seen. The guy still has it! He's been impressive so far.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
He is mentoring hunter/dubas in how to get value for your players how to run a professional organization and expanding their contact lists.
I'm still waiting to see how he let's hunter run the draft and how he goes about aquiring FA talent, but I feel confident he will keep me smiling.

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
The greatest is not having a gm that will leak bs rumours to Dreger over and over again.

i appreciate his shock and awe tactics. I love it when the MEGATON announcements are made by The Leafs organisation and not hinted at, leaked, etc. by some media pundit/sports analyst.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
So Shanahan and gang are performing while other teams are thinking.

How can teams not know if they're selling when they're within striking distance of the Leafs?

Leafs first out of the gate might not get the best deals, but they will at least know they aren't holding auction items when the bell goes.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
One thing's for certain, he isn't being advised by Fletcher.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Usually the Leafs are on the other end of those Matthias, Polak, Phaneuf deals, so this is refreshing.

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
I swear this management group is filled with the greasiest used car salesmen

....and I like it

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad