Lottery Simulator

robz228

Jan 17, 2015
Hi guys!

I made this because theres nothing left to enjoy this season besides watching edmonton almost win games. And i figured now would be the best time to share as we finally hit the 20%

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

Standings will keep updated throughout the season. Polls NHL for updated standings every 30 minutes during peak game times, so after a clutch loss to secure 30th, you can see the new odds pretty quickly.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions!

KennyFnPowers*

that's awesome bro - all JS, eh? Love it. I do frontend work too meng.

I don't want to have to care about the lottery results tho.... let's just finish last and take one of the two available. It wont matter in the long run which one we get with the system in place and all the other talent they'll be surrounded with.

Bps21*

There is something to think about. If we finish last one of mceichel is going to get Reinhart, zemgod, the #1 prospect pool in the league with so many assets to package and limitless pegulabucks to invest in whatever it can buy to help out...

And the other is going to get...like...Arizona.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Nice work. That should put #1 in perspective.

If sabres finish last overall, are they guaranteed at least #2? What's the most they could fall?

SackTastic

Mar 25, 2011

If sabres finish last overall, are they guaranteed at least #2? What's the most they could fall?

For this year, they team who finishes last is guaranteed at least #2. Starting in 2016, the team finishing last could move down as far as #4.

robz228

Jan 17, 2015

thanks!

teams can only drop 1 spot at most. i have a visual update coming in soon that will show the draft order after every spin to make it more cool or whatever.

Kc232

Hi
Aug 12, 2008
My first go at this resulted in....

Toronto getting #1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Took me 5 tries to get Buffalo in there for first pick.

I have a very sour feeling that someone far outside the bottom 3 will be getting McDavid.

robz228

Jan 17, 2015
My first go at this resulted in....

Toronto getting #1 :cry::cry::cry::cry:

Took me 5 tries to get Buffalo in there for first pick.

I have a very sour feeling that someone far outside the bottom 3 will be getting McDavid.

its like a 54% chance that someone outside the top 3 gets it, so more than likely thats what will happen.

as long as colorado, carolina and toronto don't get it, i'll be fine.

or if somehow LA stays out of the playoffs, they don't need it either.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Hi guys!

I made this because theres nothing left to enjoy this season besides watching edmonton almost win games. And i figured now would be the best time to share as we finally hit the 20%

http://nhllotterysimulator.com/

Standings will keep updated throughout the season. Polls NHL for updated standings every 30 minutes during peak game times, so after a clutch loss to secure 30th, you can see the new odds pretty quickly.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any suggestions!

I did it once. Got the Sabres. I stopped.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
My first 5 tries:

1) Philly (6.5%)
2) Florida (2.0%)
3) Arizona (9.5%)
4) Buffalo (20.0%)
5) Ottawa (6.0%)

Bps21*

If we don't win it...I want Edmonton to win it. Out west...the board will implode...no one will care about us tanking ever again because they'd get mcjesus as their FOURTH first overall pick in short order to our zero...and frankly...we wouldn't really have to worry about him being the next Crosby very often if ever because the odds of facing him if we are in the cup aren't that high.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Can't get it to work, but i remember there being one last year. It's definitely a sobering look at the draft lottery. I just count on us getting Eichel and calling it a season. McDavid would just be the cherry on top.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad