Post-Game Talk: Lost to Punchable Faces — we’ll get them next time!

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
PLEASE. So many times instead of getting the puck out they make a soft pass deeper in their own zone to someone whos already not in a good position. And then it gets messy. So soffff
I call it throwing the puck in a blender and were experts at it,Harris, Barron should be trade bait,I've seen enough.

• Haha
Reactions: Big Lurk

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Our boys took the night off and it happens. They aren't exactly the 77 Habs and have to rely on energy and hard work to win games and they simply can't do that for prolonged periods hence the win or two followed by consecutive losses.

They will come back and give it the ole college try in Boston, get outshot and out-chanced but Monty will hold it all together and we might get a win or at least look better if we lose.

We need to bring Arber back into the fold, he has learned his lesson in Laval and should be back even if we have to send one of the other defenders down. Fair is fair right? Harris or Barron could certainly learn a thing or two at a lesser level, Arber has dominated there and needs to come back, he has nothing to prove at that level and we could use his truculence in the lineup cause we really soff.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
when you play .500 hockey, can u really call it a tank year?

They are currently scheduled to pick top 10 so yes.

Our boys took the night off and it happens. They aren't exactly the 77 Habs and have to rely on energy and hard work to win games and they simply can't do that for prolonged periods hence the win or two followed by consecutive losses.

They will come back and give it the ole college try in Boston, get outshot and out-chanced but Monty will hold it all together and we might get a win or at least look better if we lose.

We need to bring Arber back into the fold, he has learned his lesson in Laval and should be back even if we have to send one of the other defenders down. Fair is fair right? Harris or Barron could certainly learn a thing or two at a lesser level, Arber has dominated there and needs to come back, he has nothing to prove at that level and we could use his truculence in the lineup cause we really soff.

Harris will not clear waivers.

Reactions: WinterLion

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
He should have been pulled after facing 20 shots in the first period and getting scored on, one two 2 on 1s?
I said that in the GDT. It's called Carey Price syndrome and fans are conditioned to think that if a goalie can't stop 45 shots and lead us to a 2-1 victory he's simply garbage.

They are currently scheduled to pick top 10 so yes.

Harris will not clear waivers.
Well, lets move him and bring back Arber. Send him along with one of our goalies to someone who will give us a potential goal scorer like Holtz. Sooner or later some of these defencemen will need to be moved and we need offense in the worst way.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Back to back or not, it's hard for a team to build confidence and momentum when your goalie doesn't make the saves.
One great game, one bad game, like clockwork. Check out his last bunch of games. His inconsistency is very consistent.

But. I think we should play him more and see what happens.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
He should have been pulled after facing 20 shots in the first period and getting scored on, one two 2 on 1s?

It's not the quantity it's the quality,c'mon the first shot was a good one but very stoppable,the team definitely hung him out to dry but holy crap was he awful.I like Primeau and maybe he becomes better as a definite back up instead of a rotation.To roll three goalies for the rest of the year is not good for anyone.

Reactions: Runner77

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
I stoped at 4 goals.. it was a dud MSL has to tell the young guys lets move on
We had our chances , could have been in the drivers seat early in the game , nobody scored in the first 5 minutes of back and forth play and they just took their foot of the gas from that point on , disappointing outing for the boys

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
One odd thing this year is that the habs are a young team but they stink in back to back games. They don't win the second game of back to backs, and they are young so they shouldn't be that bad, and they also don't do really well when they are rested against teams playing the second game of a back to back.

Seems to me the habs used to excuse losing the second of back to back games because they had old guys. You don't expect to win many of them, but some, especially if both teams played the night before.

Maybe some conditioning issue? Could it be related to the constant injuries? Maybe I'm remembering their back to back record too negatively?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I was at the game last night.

Habs had no energy , Primeau was ok , Gallagher is the worst....That is all.

• Haha
Reactions: rik schau

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
I said that in the GDT. It's called Carey Price syndrome and fans are conditioned to think that if a goalie can't stop 45 shots and lead us to a 2-1 victory he's simply garbage.

Well, lets move him and bring back Arber. Send him along with one of our goalies to someone who will give us a potential goal scorer like Holtz. Sooner or later some of these defencemen will need to be moved and we need offense in the worst way.
There are a number of teams looking for D. I expect most would be more interested in Savard or Matheson than Harris, but there is pretty serious demand. I don't see that the habs have to rush to trade someone, Xhekaj is learning in the AHL, Kovacevic is 26 and won't suffer too much from sitting out, so it's a matter of getting the best deal.

Lots of teams really, really need D, but they may not want one of the habs young guys, at least not for a cup run this year. It's going to be an interesting run to the trade deadline, especially if Monahan stays healthy. The habs already don't have space for the guys they want to play, and they have 2-3 more prospects who will likely force their way in. A good trade or 2 could really set up the next few years. A bad trade could leave the habs with meh players while we watch guys leave and grow with other teams. No action could lead to guys lost on waivers. We'll get to see Hughes manage assets.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
There are a number of teams looking for D. I expect most would be more interested in Savard or Matheson than Harris, but there is pretty serious demand. I don't see that the habs have to rush to trade someone, Xhekaj is learning in the AHL, Kovacevic is 26 and won't suffer too much from sitting out, so it's a matter of getting the best deal.

Lots of teams really, really need D, but they may not want one of the habs young guys, at least not for a cup run this year. It's going to be an interesting run to the trade deadline, especially if Monahan stays healthy. The habs already don't have space for the guys they want to play, and they have 2-3 more prospects who will likely force their way in. A good trade or 2 could really set up the next few years. A bad trade could leave the habs with meh players while we watch guys leave and grow with other teams. No action could lead to guys lost on waivers. We'll get to see Hughes manage assets.
I don't see the point of Xhekaj staying in the minors, he went there, produced offense, cut his penalty minutes down and helped to turn around a floundering team. They have gotten better goaltending which is also a big factor but his leadership and ability have been huge. If he comes back and falls out of favor with MSL we should trade him because I would rather see him go elsewhere instead of becoming a neutered version of what he was.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad