Post-Game Talk: Lost to Punchable Faces — we’ll get them next time!

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Yeah that's the spirit, let's lose all of our games and instill losing as normalcy for years to come.
lol it's a transitional kind of year, earlier in a rebuild... whether you like it or not, there is an up side to loses in a year like this. I didn't say lose them all ... but if we're gonna lose, doing it in regulation and getting a better pick as a result has merit. No need to be dramatic about what I said.

...and really, there is no need to be upset with a loss in a game where the boys are clearly gassed after they gave a shit ton of effort and energy over the last few games, and against great teams.

my attitude Towards this season has been and will continue to be "it is what it is" ... as long as the kids are improving and progressing I'm happy win or lose

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well obviously. Sens are an absolute juggernaut of a team that strikes fear in the eyes of everyone. Jacques Martin and incredible leader Brady Tkachuk will pull a St.Louis Blues type comeback and have the Sens with 15 cups in a row. Flawless organization.
Plan only works if they bring back their fail gladiator with the wobbly helmet, Spartanus.

There are like 4 Sens fans on this forum
4 Sens fans with multiple burner accounts recycling the same Habs logo toilet seat jokes.

zx81

Aug 2, 2005
Our 7th loss in a row against Ottawa
In those games, Sens scored
6 goals on Apr 5th 2022
6 goals on Apr 23 2022
3 goals on Dec 14 2022
5 goals on Jan 28 2023
5 goals on Jan 31 2023
5 goals on Feb 25 2023
6 goals on Jan 18 2024

36 goals in 7 games, an average of more than 5 goals.

It's pretty absurd how we don't match well against them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
lol it's a transitional kind of year, earlier in a rebuild... whether you like it or not, there is an up side to loses in a year like this. I didn't say lose them all ... but if we're gonna lose, doing it in regulation and getting a better pick as a result has merit. No need to be dramatic about what I said.

...and really, there is no need to be upset with a loss in a game where the boys are clearly gassed after they gave a shit ton of effort and energy over the last few games, and against great teams.

my attitude Towards this season has been and will continue to be "it is what it is" ... as long as the kids are improving and progressing I'm happy win or lose
Not dramatic, I have never watched a Habs game hoping they lose. You don't play to lose. These kids will develop better if the games mean something. We won't be in a position to get Celebrini and most of the top 12 rated prospects are Dmen.

Our 7th loss in a row against Ottawa
In those games, Sens scored
6 goals on Apr 5th 2022
6 goals on Apr 23 2022
3 goals on Dec 14 2022
5 goals on Jan 28 2023
5 goals on Jan 31 2023
5 goals on Feb 25 2023
6 goals on Jan 18 2024

36 goals in 7 games, an average of more than 5 goal.

It's pretty absurd how we don't match well against them.
We look intimidated playing them...it's uncanny.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
My worst pro sports experience to this day is going to watch a Sens game at home. It was against Chicago and a complete borefest. The fans were dead silent, the players didn't seem to care. It was like the kind of franchise that you could see hire a Dorion and keep him for multiple years. It was embarassing.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
We are now 1-8 in back to backs, can we just forfeit the games and rest our players. So disappointing to watch I would have rathered forfeit than watch that garbage.
What the f*** are they tired from? These are 20 some year old professional athletes, in better physical shape than 99.99% of the earth population, who play for 20 minutes or less 2-3 times a week. The word tired shouldn't even be in the lexicon.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So is the new Reacher episode tonight or tomorrow night? I remember someone mentioned it earlier.

Rozz

Jun 23, 2012
Niagara Falls, Ont.
Not dramatic, I have never watched a Habs game hoping they lose. You don't play to lose. These kids will develop better if the games mean something. We won't be in a position to get Celebrini and most of the top 12 rated prospects are Dmen.
I didnt said anything about hoping to lose... but, we are gonna lose a good chunk of games this year.. that's the reality as we're in year 3 of a rebuild.... losses this year are best done in regulation, which improves our pick, and helps us get a better prospect. that is all i was pointing ...that's the reality of the weighted draft system that exists.

but, this kind of debate has been done a thousand times and I'm not gonna be one of those guys to highjack a thread over it... So, I will leave it be. you got your views and I got mine... cheers dude, and here's to winning more games in the future! :)

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal
Maybe they should hire a stamina development coach?
They already have a fitness coach but when you look are our record on the 2nd game of a back to back and then you look at Gallagher's poor cardio, you wonder if he's actually doing a good job lol

Jokes aside, Gallagher's poor cardio is not due to the fitness coach, but really because he's aging at a rapid pace and he really just has low stamina. You'd think he's 37 but he's only 31.

Oh yeah, his dad Ian Gallagher is a strength and conditioning coach and you'd think Brendan would be a stamina freak, but it's the complete opposite lol

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Can t expect a rookie goalie paid 800K to do the job rather than your 8m players who are basically useless

That's the thing tho, why put him there in the first place, the guy's worked there ass off to get 4 pts out of a possibility of 6 against 3 good teams, stellar performance from Allen against the Avs we finaly manage to get to 4 pts of a playoff spot why not comeback with Allen there, really dont understand that one

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
That's the thing tho, why put him there in the first place, the guy's worked there ass off to get 4 pts out of a possibility of 6 against 3 good teams, stellar performance from Allen against the Avs we finaly manage to get to 4 pts of a playoff spot why not comeback with Allen there, really dont understand that one
Montembault has much been much more deserving of getting the rope then somebody like Jake Allen. You’re starting to understand the problem with a 3 goalie system. There’s too many chefs in the kitchen.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
Agree, i would have put Monty too, i mean i dont think he played one back to back all season, what kind of message it send to the rest of the team......dont worry guy's 4 points of a playoff spot we wont even try to make them, not to mention us the fan who cheers for them

Really really dont get that one, stupid decision

Treal

Jul 6, 2007
Predictable outcome. On to the next one! You know, if Ottawa played Montreal 41 times a year, they might have a chance at one of the wildcard spots :sarcasm:

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Predictable loss. Never win b2b's then add 3 games in 4 nights. Then a terrible opponent. For some reason habs play down to their opponents. So 2 game losing streak coming up. But i see habs winning at home vs sens tuesday

Riddick412

Crash da net!
Dec 15, 2011
Ottawa
I thought the Habs started well. Seemed to have some momentum at the end of the first. Then it just snowballed. Primer looked aweful. Hopefully he bounces back and forgets this one.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
My worst pro sports experience to this day is going to watch a Sens game at home. It was against Chicago and a complete borefest. The fans were dead silent, the players didn't seem to care. It was like the kind of franchise that you could see hire a Dorion and keep him for multiple years. It was embarassing.
How about the traffic trying to get out of there after the game? I heard it’s horrendous.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Habs give up way too many shots. Among worst in league. Marty needs to learn team structure. Get the puck out
PLEASE. So many times instead of getting the puck out they make a soft pass deeper in their own zone to someone whos already not in a good position. And then it gets messy. So soffff

Reactions: rik schau and jrom

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It was a good game until Monahan hit the post and the rebound hopped over Slafkovský's blade, who had a wide open net, and then the puck bounced to the Sens who took it down the ice for Tkachuk to open the scoring.

So like the first 8 mins of the first?

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013

We look intimidated playing them...it's uncanny.
We always seem to look intimidated against bad teams and have become a moral support machine to help them get back on track,just fu%&ing bizarre,

then come the cringe excuses from the players,travel,back to backs are hard ,just shut the fu%&k up and say you sucked.

Reactions: Tyson

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad