Online Series: Lost in Space reboot--Released!

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
At first, I was thinking that this was another movie and thought "why?" Seeing that it's a TV series reboot, though, I'm interested. Even though reboots are getting tiring, we certainly need more sci-fi TV shows. I also liked Stranger Things, so Netflix has built a little faith from me.

BTW, you might want to correct the title. Speaking of which, I wonder how many millennials will assume that this is JJ Abrams' 'Lost' in space, not aware of the 60s show or even the 90s film version.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the show was a bit before my time so i only saw some old re-runs back in the '80's. The movie was terrible from what I remember. But since Toby Stephens is the lead and he's done such an outstanding job on Black Sails, will have to check this out.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
I watched the original in the mid - late 90's. I think the show holds up quite well. Bill Mummy is not just another annoying kid character and is a really good actor. His relationship with the doctor and the robot is awesome.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
wAqeT2.gif

Hopefully it's better than the terrible movie remake.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005
I watched the original in the mid - late 90's. I think the show holds up quite well. Bill Mummy is not just another annoying kid character and is a really good actor. His relationship with the doctor and the robot is awesome.

He also did a more than passable job in the role of Lennier on Babylon 5.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
He also did a more than passable job in the role of Lennier on Babylon 5.

Babylon 5 is one of my favorite shows of all time. Lennier is up there with some of the most guilt ridden and tragic characters of all time in the sci-fi genre.

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
Babylon 5 is one of my favorite shows of all time. Lennier is up there with some of the most guilt ridden and tragic characters of all time in the sci-fi genre.

Londo Mollari was another, even more tragic in Babylon 5. Great show, probably all time best for me.

Oct 18, 2006
Yes there were so many cheesy episodes, but man, this show had something special. The first season was pretty gritty, Follow the Leader for example was spectacular, the second season was too campy and focused too much on Will, Dr.Smith and the Robot. The third season was hit and miss, some extraordinary episodes, some shockers.

I have had hopes for a reboot for a long time now. Lets just hope it does it properly and does it justice, because it could be special.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Why did this have to drop during Round 1 of the playoffs? I'm not going to have any time to watch this for at least a week. Between this time next week (when there might be only one game on each night) and the following Tuesday just before Round 2 starts is probably when I'll have to cram it all in.

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Why did this have to drop during Round 1 of the playoffs? I'm not going to have any time to watch this for at least a week. Between this time next week (when there might be only one game on each night) and the following Tuesday just before Round 2 starts is probably when I'll have to cram it all in.

because almost no one cares about hockey

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Never watched the original series or even had much interest in it for that matter, but this looks like it could be epic!

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Saw the first ep yesterday, it was OKAY. Definitely nothing that amazing. I feel like they could have done a better job for a series premiere. I'll keep watching however as it does have potential.

Oh and the f***ing mom is god awful. So annoying. Shockingly the little boy wasn't as annoying as most are on shows.

Edit - apparently a lot of people said the pilot was average but it gets much better..

Last edited:

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Saw the first ep yesterday, it was OKAY. Definitely nothing that amazing. I feel like they could have done a better job for a series premiere. I'll keep watching however as it does have potential.

Oh and the ****ing mom is god awful. So annoying. Shockingly the little boy wasn't as annoying as most are on shows.

Edit - apparently a lot of people said the pilot was average but it gets much better..
You pretty much nailed it. I enjoyed it but was watching it at the same time as the hockey game, with no sound of course. Its got potential, I liked the robot thing. Then ending was intriguing. Will watch the rest probably.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
Only watched the first episode so far.

I think they've got the plot and storytelling pretty well down. Characters? ehhhhh. I hope they actually explain why everyone (except Will) seems to have issues with John at some point, cause otherwise it's just mean :laugh:. When John said to Will something along the lines of how they force you to train at what you're good at, I'm sort of curious as to what the middle daughter's skill is because she just sort of seemed to be there.

Reasonably enjoyable, kind of reminded me of early episodes of SG-1 complete with musical flourishes :laugh:

I didn't really understand how the robot reformed itself though when it was split it half. Obviously it can change shapes but it looked more like it was busted and had wires hanging out.

If you want a good laugh read the Netflix reviews, like half of them are people complaining about the science of the show. Errr, y'all know this is LOST IN SPACE and not a hard scifi novel right? Apparently not.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,447.00