Post-Game Talk: Loss

vladdy16

Aug 2, 2005
There have been a handful of nights so far that have been so bad, that there would be 100% justification for turning the team over to an interim coach afterwards.

NJD is tied with the Arizona game for the top spot on that list.

Will be interesting to see the difference in chemistry between NYI and DET next game.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
Pretty much anything Blashill has decided to do has proven to be stupid for the most part. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw Sheahan out towards the end....really? When you are in need of a goal, put the guy on the ice that has zero goals for the year...only Blashill...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Only a coach who has no feel for the game would pull a bonehead move like that.

People want tanking and Blashill is doing these tank moves.

Then people want tanking, and Blashill fired.

This season is already lost, let him sink the Titanic as deep as possible.

Some changes could be done at summer, but not now.

Let the ship sink.

Datsyukian Deke

The Captain is Home!!
Apr 5, 2012
Middle Tennessee
Blashill has resorted to playing law of averages. Sheahan has to score sometime......or does he?
That's like saying "Ericsson will eventually stop making dumb mistakes and be useful for once". You'd think it'd eventually turn the other way, but evidence points to it maintaining its present course for the time being.

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
That's like saying "Ericsson will eventually stop making dumb mistakes and be useful for once". You'd think it'd eventually turn the other way, but evidence points to it maintaining its present course for the time being.

Ericsson is playing just fine this year. infact he is hurting our tank.

once Smith gets back, lets play him on the top pair. We wont win a game the rest of the year !!

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease

Not really. "Tank moves" are playing all your kids knowing you won't compete immediately but you're grooming them for big roles in a few years.

Blashill is still riding his veterans and dead end defensive players while stapling the young dynamic talent to the bench.

Tank losing is knowing you're building on the experience. You're working for something down the road. Giving more responsibility to players you believe in.

This? This is just failing. Trying to win at all costs and being completely outclassed.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Ericsson is playing just fine this year. infact he is hurting our tank.

once Smith gets back, lets play him on the top pair. We wont win a game the rest of the year !!

I think Ericsson began strong but is slowing down to his usual self. Not moving as well physically with a lot more errors. In reality good or bad E is a 3rd pairing D, nothing more.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not really. "Tank moves" are playing all your kids knowing you won't compete immediately but you're grooming them for big roles in a few years.

Blashill is still riding his veterans and dead end defensive players while stapling the young dynamic talent to the bench.

Tank losing is knowing you're building on the experience. You're working for something down the road. Giving more responsibility to players you believe in.

This? This is just failing. Trying to win at all costs and being completely outclassed.

He's playing Z an excessive amount still, but honestly I don't mind the IT being given to the young players with the exception of AA.

Tatar -- 16:44
Nyquist -- 16:39
Mantha -- 16:42
Larkin -- 16:17

That's pretty good for all of them, IMO. Would like to see Larkin have more minutes, but not really sure his play has warranted that to be perfectly honest.

iDangleDangle

We Like Our Team
Jan 2, 2014
A bar

Then people want tanking, and Blashill fired.

This season is already lost, let him sink the Titanic as deep as possible.

Some changes could be done at summer, but not now.

Let the ship sink.

This.

A mid-season coaching change might result in a short-lived resurgence which would hurt our draft position.

Off-season is the time to can Blash.

chris05

May 23, 2013
It's all about recognition. I don't think wings management have a clue in what they have here. AA is like a formula 1 race car and the wings management are trying to run this high octane car on diesel fuel. AA is a prolific goal scorer. Any time you have other players on your team that have just as many goals as AA except for a guy like Vanek your team will finish in last place.

Run the Jewels

Make Detroit Great Again
Jun 22, 2006
In the Garage
He's playing Z an excessive amount still, but honestly I don't mind the IT being given to the young players with the exception of AA.

Tatar -- 16:44
Nyquist -- 16:39
Mantha -- 16:42
Larkin -- 16:17

That's pretty good for all of them, IMO. Would like to see Larkin have more minutes, but not really sure his play has warranted that to be perfectly honest.

Agreed, we want the young guys to develop and they don't do that glued to the bench. To paraphrase Dennis Green, we know who Riley Sheahan is, we know who Danny DeKeyer is. What I think is most beneficial for the long term is to get solid IT for Athanasiou, Jensen, Spoul and see what you have.

Blashill is playing the hard ass/disciplinarian and giving us his smug AF grin while getting his butt kicked because it's all he has. If we're gonna lose we're gonna lose his way. If I was Ryan Sproul it would be pretty clear to me that I have no career so long as Jeff Blashill is my coach and I would push my agent to ask for a trade. Sproul had a really nice season last year under Nelson. With the right environment I do think he can be a high end offensive d-man. That's just never going to happen on a team with a coach who is doing a ****** impression of Herb Brooks and wants to play dead puck hockey.

njx9

Feb 1, 2016
If I was Ryan Sproul it would be pretty clear to me that I have no career so long as Jeff Blashill is my coach and I would push my agent to ask for a trade. Sproul had a really nice season last year under Nelson. With the right environment I do think he can be a high end offensive d-man. That's just never going to happen on a team with a coach who is doing a ****** impression of Herb Brooks and wants to play dead puck hockey.

I'd add AA to the list of folks who ought to be asking for a trade. Neither of them will get a fair shake, here, when the organization is bound and determined to maximize the ice time of guys who don't deserve it, haven't earned it, or won't be around in a couple of seasons anyways. Sproul, at least, should be cheap enough that someone could actually give him an RFA deal that the Wings wouldn't bother matching.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad