Post-Game Talk: Loss

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Team's garbage. Time to sell. Anyone still holding out for hope in making the playoffs MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Wow. This hockey team is so sad, there's very little to comment on. Another meaningless game in the middle of nowhere. We lost 4-1 to NJ (the consolation goals were completely hollow).

Coreau is not an NHL goalie.

Abdelkader is really pissing me off. I was one of his defenders this summer, I am lost as to how ugly and useless his game is this season. Is there any hope he's just injured and can return to being a 1/2 way effective player? This is just gross.

Worst of all 95% of this team is returning next season I can't believe we'll be subjected to this level of broken, uncreative hockey for another year.

I knew Datsyuk leaving would effect the team and my interest but even the Holland detractors didn't predict we'd fly this far off the rails. This season is a travesty.

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
5 on 3 for 1:30 and couldn't get one shot on net.

If the coaches (and GM) weren't so bad at what they do this team could be salvagable.

WesNichols14

Nov 22, 2011
Port Huron Michigan
I'm sure Ken Holland will say with a little bit better injury luck and a couple lucky bounces we'd be right there fighting for a playoff spot. It will be interesting to see how many people agree with him.

the sad part (Really sad) is that it is kind of true. Which is more of an insult the the Atlantic division, and the East as a whole. The expected good teams regressed, and not many teams took a step forward. basically the only real change was the Leafs :facepalm: have dramatically improved. Had Vanek, Helm, and Howard stayed healthy all season, the team is probably a wildcard team.

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
I'm sure Ken Holland will say with a little bit better injury luck and a couple lucky bounces we'd be right there fighting for a playoff spot. It will be interesting to see how many people agree with him.
True. But even a magic wand of good health all year wouldn't transform 'Mike Green and The Doorstops' into a blue line that could help generate offense. Or Mrazek into a respectable goalie (at least for the last 10-12 months).

Hockeyfan2390

Nov 19, 2010
Kansas City, MO
Can someone identify the substances that Jeff Blashill ingested before the game that led him to believe putting Riley Sheahan (0 goals all year) out on the last power play when they're trying to tie the game was a good idea?

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
True. But even a magic wand of good health all year wouldn't transform 'Mike Green and The Doorstops' into a blue line that could help generate offense. Or Mrazek into a respectable goalie (at least for the last 10-12 months).

Having a competent NHL coach might be rather more pertinent than the injury situation. I know we have been spoiled rotten, but this team's lack of chemistry (bar anyone paired with Z) is astonishing. There is a bit of a talent deficit, but most nights half the team look like they have never played together before, and that's even when he keeps the same lines, rare as it is. I just can't even tell what the team is trying to achieve half that time.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
Can someone identify the substances that Jeff Blashill ingested before the game that led him to believe putting Riley Sheahan (0 goals all year) out on the last power play when they're trying to tie the game was a good idea?

Bar the very first few games of this season, Blashill's PP set up and personnel choices have been chronically stupid.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
NHL gave ouellet a point (don't believe it was there when Jensen scored)

Yay young people scoring

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014

He ate some Taco Bell. Needed to use the bathroom so he wanted the game over with

GrGriffins

Jan 30, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
5 on 3 for 1:30 and couldn't get one shot on net.

If the coaches (and GM) weren't so bad at what they do this team could be salvagable.

Yet here in Grand Rapids, the Griffins have the #1 PP in the AHL. Our top PP line has 5 forwards and our #2 PP line has 4 forwards and Russo as the only D at the point.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Gonna win the lotto and it's gonna be the Patrick/Larkin show.

Nbd guys.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Having a competent NHL coach might be rather more pertinent than the injury situation. I know we have been spoiled rotten, but this team's lack of chemistry (bar anyone paired with Z) is astonishing. There is a bit of a talent deficit, but most nights half the team look like they have never played together before, and that's even when he keeps the same lines, rare as it is. I just can't even tell what the team is trying to achieve half that time.

In some ways they haven't. Two of our star players aren't healthy enough to practice with the team most of the time, fill-ins take their spot. All teams are taking more days off from practicing than ever before. Combine that with Blashill's manic line-juggling (which is calmed down some but look how many switches have been made this season) you get a team that I think can't hide its lack of talent by memorizing systems as they have in the past.

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
Blashill has turned a mediocre roster into a lottery team. in the long term, we might actually thank blashill for it.

But right now i am so fed up with blashill and his lineup decisions and ice time distribution.

Fear

Nov 17, 2014
Whatever happened to the clever post-game thread titles?

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
This was a good loss. Helps NJ gain points on us, and at least we saw some goals and made it entertaining. Let's keep losing games. I hate the 2-0 losses, but I honestly don't mind the 4-3 losses right now because I'm all aboard the tank train, yet I still wanna see our players succeed and score a couple goals.

-Congrats to Jensen on his first. He is quietly making things difficult for Holland, and could actually win a job next season over Sproul/Smith/Marchenko, depending on what Holland does.

-Nik Kronwall is so unbelievably bad. Like cringe-worthy bad. Time to hang em up Kronner. Thanks for 13 great years as a Wing, thanks for helping us win that Cup in 2008, but it's time to go. He is hurting the team more than he is helping it, and needs to retire. He is terrible.

-Ericsson is even worse, yet younger, so in reality he is probably not going anywhere which is extremely unfortunate.

-Coreau just doesn't cut it for me.

-There is starting to be an actual realistic chance that No Goals goes all season without scoring. I wonder what the all-time record is for most ice-time for a forward in a season without scoring a goal. Mr. No Goals may have an NHL record in sight.

Last edited:

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
There is starting to be an actual realistic chance that No Goals goes all season without scoring. I wonder what the all-time record is for most ice-time for a forward in a season without scoring a goal. Mr. No Goals may have an NHL record in site.

since the nhl started tracking TOI (don't know exact year but i would have to think it's been at least 30 years), and for forwards who have played 40 or more games in a season, shehan is currently on track to have highest TOI without a goal

amlir7R.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad