Post-Game Talk: Loss. - Predators @ Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Yeah, Saros deserved the win. Anytime you give your team that many chances, they've got to put one in for you.

Last edited:

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Are there Predators fans who feel like Saros is superior to Rinne at this stage?
<crickets>
No, I don't think so... not overall, anyway. But obviously with the age difference, there is recognition that one day Rinne is going to be surpassed, and Saros is the one lined up to replace him. For certain stretches of time - including the last couple of playoffs - Rinne has had enough uneven showings that some of us would toy with the idea of trying to run with Saros instead. But I think that's been more of a "try it and see"/"what's the worst that could happen" desperation move than anybody being truly convinced that Saros would be superior.

For now, large consensus is that Rinne is still superior. It's easy to say for the first month of this season especially, given Saros' shaky start and Rinne's excellent start. But even if things level out a bit, I don't think we are ready to shift consensus on that yet. This great game by Saros and Rinne's last horrible start are certainly not enough to change any minds.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
I'm perplexed that Laviolette went through 7 shooters without using Arvidsson. He even turned to Grimaldi, who's never been in an NHL shootout. Arvidsson skated off with the team, so he wasn't injured.

On the NHL forum, there is a rate your coach thread on a 10 scale. I gave Lavy a 6. Maybe it should have been a 5.

OldFan

Jul 3, 2019
The Preds are not playing well. One solution would be for the top 6 forwards to work like the lower 7 forwards. After all, most teams have a pretty good goalie and some good Dmen so rather than just relying strictly on skill they might try working their tails off. The top 6 are sort of phoning it in nightly regardless of their “points”.
That lack of hard work is an indicator of overconfidence which is a killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad