NBA Los Angeles Lakers thread

Sep 19, 2008
Shots f***ing fired

Iron shiek doesn't play lol
I don't know whether he's too old now or what but other than winning the ring his 2nd year his legacy in LA has largely been tainted. LeGM made terrible moves trading for westbrook, dealing Kuz and KCP out (KCP is playing well now...) and bringing his friends in. Also got Vogel fired.

He's still capable of greatness every now and then but this move was more entertainment based rather than basketball based. He's too busy working with Maverick on TV shows and movies :laugh:

Sep 19, 2008
Lakers with a big win last night. I like the Rui trade and it provides depth on the team. AD also with 27 too. Don't overwork AD and let Rui acclimate

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Michael Jordan - 72 games
Along with his 10 NBA scoring titles and 32,292 career points, Jordan also had a streak of 72 consecutive games scoring 20 points or more. That stretch happened between December 29th, 1987 and December 6th, 1988.

You are witnessing the greatest stats padder in the history of sports.

Sep 19, 2008
I've been critical of LaBron after his 2nd year (only one season with title / WCF appearance) and said that his time in LA is highly overrated...but after last night's heroics breaking the record I would give his time there more of a B- or B. He's still got it even at his age.

• Haha
Reactions: Filthy Dangles

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
I've been critical of LaBron after his 2nd year (only one season with title / WCF appearance) and said that his time in LA is highly overrated...but after last night's heroics breaking the record I would give his time there more of a B- or B. He's still got it even at his age.
Heroics? They lost the game lol. Him breaking the record was a mathematical certainty and bound to happen this season barring serious injury.

One shift in sport is that today people are far more receptive and even embracing of stat-hunting ego trips of stars than they used to be, whether it's Lebron or Ovechkin, both at this point just presences that delay the required rebuild of their respective teams.

Sep 19, 2008
Heroics? They lost the game lol. Him breaking the record was a mathematical certainty and bound to happen this season barring serious injury.

One shift in sport is that today people are far more receptive and even embracing of stat-hunting ego trips of stars than they used to be, whether it's Lebron or Ovechkin, both at this point just presences that delay the required rebuild of their respective teams.
I agree

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
What is the legit goal of Lebron anymore?
He got the scoring record.

People talk about his drive to win championships yet he misses more games than plays currently.
When every game is a must win game for the Lakers.

Still you could find him at the Super Bowl the day before.

Sep 19, 2008

People talk about his drive to win championships yet he misses more games than plays currently.

I'll say it, him signing in LA was mostly done for business. Doesn't play anymore, got his record

Enough with the LeBron adulation. He got one title here but hasn't done much since. Wow, he got the scoring record in an offensive era where everyone jacks up 3's. What a feat!

I wish I didn't have to say it, but it's true. I loved the signing when he came to LA, as a diehard Lakers fan. But I just can't anymore. HE and AD barely play. And since they're the only talented people on the team they keep f***ing losing.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'll say it, him signing in LA was mostly done for business. Doesn't play anymore, got his record

Enough with the LeBron adulation. He got one title here but hasn't done much since. Wow, he got the scoring record in an offensive era where everyone jacks up 3's. What a feat!

I wish I didn't have to say it, but it's true. I loved the signing when he came to LA, as a diehard Lakers fan. But I just can't anymore. HE and AD barely play. And since they're the only talented people on the team they keep f***ing losing.
Wait til you get to watch Bamba more than 15 minutes a night. Maybe because it's LA he won't sulk so much

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
5-best-destinations-for-lebron-and-bronny-james-in-2023.jpg

Whether it's "legit" or not is up to you.

Reactions: Terry Yake

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013

he had two things left on his checklist

one was break the scoring record which he did

and the other is to play with his son. either that'll be with the lakers or he'll go wherever bronny lands

he knows this team isn't going anywhere this season. you don't just overhaul half the roster and expect them to click instantly. if anything, the rest of this season is just preseason for next year with the goal being to go all-in on kyrie in the offseason. just my guess

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad