GDT: Los Angeles Kings at Montreal Canadiens 19h30

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLennon

Mar 26, 2011
Good god our lineup is ugly, small and soft compared to the LA Kings... We are very far from elite team.

Why does everyone keep saying this? I kind of like our lineup. On paper, it isn't that much worse than LA's (excluding their amazing center depth) and we have a great shot at beating them. What makes LA good isn't the quality of their players as much as their system and how they play as a team. They are a team built for the playoffs. They haven't really been something to write home about during the regular season.

We really aren't that far off from being an elite team, to be honest.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Why does everyone keep saying this? I kind of like our lineup. On paper, it isn't that much worse than LA's (excluding their amazing center depth) and we have a great shot at beating them. What makes LA good isn't the quality of their players as much as their system and how they play as a team. They are a team built for the playoffs. They haven't really been something to write home about during the regular season.

We really aren't that far off from being an elite team, to be honest.

Id say a top 4 and a scoring winger

Sword

May 26, 2014
So will the Plekanec's line play against Kopitar's or Carter's? I'd like to see Galchy's line go against that 70's show, Pearson and Toffoli are fun to watch.

Analyzer*

Best thing you're likely to experience tonight is the anthem singer.

Goes for females, too.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
So will the Plekanec's line play against Kopitar's or Carter's? I'd like to see Galchy's line go against that 70's show, Pearson and Toffoli are fun to watch.

I'd imagine they go power vs. power since Galchenyuk played against the Sedins. Now that they have a centre who can't be pushed off the puck with a strong breeze there's no reason to hide the top line.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
We're one trade away, brah.

We have more points than LA

Corsi.

One trade away? No.

More points than LA? Put us in the west and them in the East. That would be the other way around.

Our lineup is terrible when it's side-to-side against LA. :laugh:

Sword

May 26, 2014
I'd imagine they go power vs. power since Galchenyuk played against the Sedins. Now that they have a centre who can't be pushed off the puck with a strong breeze there's no reason to hide the top line.

But which line is LA's top?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
But which line is LA's top?

Kopitar 100%. That 70's line will go against Plekanec line if I had to guess. They'll want to keep Desharnais far away from both of those top lines or he'll be eaten alive.

There really isn't a line that Desharnais can play against and be successful 'on paper' so he's really going to have to play his ass off tonight if he wants ice time.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Briannah Donolo tonight guys !!!!!!!

briiaofficial

Puck drops at 7:30 tonight! Hope y'all are ready to sing along with me. HABS, we got this! #GHG #HABSVSKINGS

10453910_1567437393491369_1825415428_n.jpg

Hell yeah

tumblr_inline_n8aw05Un0r1qj18wh.gif

Drew Doty scored only 2 goals?

Martin Jones tho... 2 SO 1.47 .947% :(

Analyzer*

One trade away? No.

More points than LA? Put us in the west and them in the East. That would be the other way around.

Our lineup is terrible when it's side-to-side against LA. :laugh:

I guess you missed the thread on the main board, or the trade forum I was mocking.

I wasn't serious. I already know this team isn't that good.

Vi Nc E x13x

Oct 30, 2011
Who Knows
Kopitar 100%. That 70's line will go against Plekanec line if I had to guess. They'll want to keep Desharnais far away from both of those top lines or he'll be eaten alive.

There really isn't a line that Desharnais can play against and be successful 'on paper' so he's really going to have to play his ass off tonight if he wants ice time.

Kopitar line has been far from their best line this year ... He has 13pts and was on a 10 game goalless streak until last night.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Kopitar line has been far from their best line this year ... He has 13pts and was on a 10 game goalless streak until last night.

Doesn't matter if they have the most points or not, they're the top line just like when Desharnais was with Pacioretty they were teh top line even though they were awful.

The line has Kopitar and Gaborik on it, it's their top line. Play Galchenyuk against Kopitar head to head and see how he does.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The line has Kopitar and Gaborik on it, it's their top line. Play Galchenyuk against Kopitar head to head and see how he does.

Would love to see that, especially that Galchenyuk appears to have greater upper body strength this year and should be able to withstand any physical punishment meted his way by a Kopitar. However, I suspect Bacon Mike may use Plek's line to counter them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Their back up goalie is scary good.

Kings are built to succeed, Habs clearly not at that level

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Good god our lineup is ugly, small and soft compared to the LA Kings... We are very far from elite team.

We're less small and less soff than we used to be. At least that.

Kings have been successful with their business model of rostering bigger and heavier players, and this is particularly evident later in the season and into the playoffs, when play is ramped up several notches in terms of physicality.

At this time of year -- not sure they'll be as physical, even if that's part of their game.

Sure, we still have some smaller players, however, we have also improved talent-wise. Problem is, they're packing a lot of size without being shortchanged on talent -- something that you can really only effectively achieve in the draft. We're still small now, but we're on our way.

We may have developed an unhealthy obsession with size on account of the team's composition and player procurement decisions made pre-Bergevin. I don't think anyone can accuse Bergevin of not taking a more balanced approach and to be appreciative of the different components you need to be successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad