Rumor: Los Angeles is interested in Prohorkin

KHenry14

May 23, 2013
Not necessarily, some of them take some time, like Panarin.

Then again, for each of those guys there's a guy like Plotnikov.

Panarin was 24 when he came to the Hawks and immediately scores 30 goals. No way Prokhorkin will ever grow enough in the KHL to do anything close to that. I'd love it if he did, but I'm a glass is half empty guy with regards to this guy... :shakehead

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Look who plays with Porkins..... and, as a defensman, has better stats (+9) than their teammate, Voynov.....

Patrik Hersley hockey statistics and profile at hockeydb.com

St. Petersburg SKA 2017-18 roster and scoring statistics at hockeydb.com

Want more salt to rub into the wound? The dude's a right-handed shot......

Please tell me you're not actually upset about a KHL 3rd-pairing defenseman simply because we drafted him and he's had a good start over there at age 31.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
God, seriously. This thread won’t die. I feel like I’ve been hearing about this guy for a decade.

Every time I see this thread pop up too, I feel like there's good news awaiting, but its just him doing good.

kingsholygrail

Slewfoots Everywhere
Sponsor
Dec 21, 2006
Derpifornia
TKIXSMG.gif

Basilisk

Aug 5, 2012
Please tell me you're not actually upset about a KHL 3rd-pairing defenseman simply because we drafted him and he's had a good start over there at age 31.

1) How on earth would you know (or presume to know?) which pairing Hersley plays on?

2) Yes. I'm upset over any prospect that we draft and then give up too quickly upon.....especially if that prospect is a right-shooting defenseman with size. He's a late-bloomer, and our scouting and development staff should have recognized that fact and treated him accordingly. That's what those guys get paid to do.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
LOL, what? Hersley given up on too early? We're talking about a guy drafted in 2005 and hasn't played in North America since 2008. Also, he was dealt to Philadelphia back in 2008 for Denis Gauthier.

Anyone being incensed by the loss of Hersley is showing their lack of rationality and common sense. Given the source of the outrage, should we be surprised?

Reactions: SoulAssassin

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
1) How on earth would you know (or presume to know?) which pairing Hersley plays on?

2) Yes. I'm upset over any prospect that we draft and then give up too quickly upon.....especially if that prospect is a right-shooting defenseman with size. He's a late-bloomer, and our scouting and development staff should have recognized that fact and treated him accordingly. That's what those guys get paid to do.

By minutes played/game, Hersley was the 6th, borderline 7th, d-man last year. By hits, he was lowest amongst regular d-men, with the next guy doubling him up. By points, he was 6th. Etc. Before that, he was doing next to nothing, save one 33-pt campaign, I guess.

I'm glad he's having a hot start, but at some point, you have to ask yourself why he left North America a decade ago and hasn't been brought back by ANY team. The guy showed nothing at the AHL level, and finally started scoring at the ECHL level, then left. Maybe a comparable guy is when we brought over Chris Lee for a PTO and he didn't even stick. This is a whole hell of a lot of hand-wringing over a 5th round pick that never demonstrated anything here. In fact, there's nothing really to demonstrate he's not just soaking up points on a superteam.

Why were you not upset about this for the entire last decade? He couldn't even crack our AHL roster and at some point you have to cut bait. Scouting and development can't save everyone.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Why didn't Prohorkin sign with the Kings?

We'll never know.

You don't think the Kings can sign Prohorkin?

They can try, but they won't. Prohorkin is KGB/KHL. Prohorkin's gone. There is no Prohorkin.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
I think that ship has sailed. A couple of years ago, Prokhorkin was putting up great numbers, but lately not so much anymore.

Kubalik is the one I would be looking at. Speed, size, a great wrister and just 22.

Raccoon Jesus

Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
I think that ship has sailed. A couple of years ago, Prokhorkin was putting up great numbers, but lately not so much anymore.

Kubalik is the one I would be looking at. Speed, size, a great wrister and just 22.

Some interesting info in the Kubalik thread for you!

Reactions: Frolov 6'3

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3