GDT: Los Angeles @ Carolina - Stand back! There's a Hurricane comin' through!

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
It was either him or Rizzo, but Nick Faldo is on another level in terms of international recognition even though Craig and Rizzo were both instrumental in one of the most iconic events of the 20th century.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Wow. Captain of the River Run guards. (I googled the name). You must really be into GoT. I've read all the books and watched the HBO series, but didn't recall that name. I suppose I was thinking of Rhaegar Targaryen.

I've watched every episode at least three times and I'm in the process of catching up in the books. I'm a little over halfway through the third, where tragic things just happened. Yeah I'm kind of addicted.

Didn't Jim Craig sound the siren once? Don't think he has ties to this area.

After some googling, I produced a link that has every sounder from the start through 2012 (last year's link is dead for some reason). Craig did sound it, but other than him it's mostly local athletes and celebrities. Faldo is in town for golf, but I still think it's pretty cool he agreed to do it.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
Just stopped in Mebane. Its sprinkling here.

c3d0981ae770f926eedf4eda7505b006.jpeg

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Hoping Cam plays tonite and Dobby on Sunday. Simply because I'll be at Sunday's game, not this one. And I want to see the awesomeness in person.

daikan

(╯︵╰,)
Oct 28, 2005
Berlin
Jokinen, Cullen, Whitney, Cole—don't mind losing any of them. Corvo, Sutter, Ladd. No regrets there, people come and go. But Christ, I wish we still had Justin Williams on our team.

rocky7

DAT 13
Feb 9, 2013
God's country
well lets see what this Ward guy has shall we. Khudobin has been consistent so far. time for Ward to be the same. need them both to come up big in every game, NO excuses. play well, none needed.

Sutter's a good coach. is Muller up to the task? we'll see that too beginning tonight at 7:00 p.m.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Komi and Westgarth are in tonite. Who's out?

Hopefully Nash and Bowman. Scratching Sutter versus his Dad would be un-cool.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Forslund saying that Komisarek and Westgarth drawing in tonight.

John Forslund ‏@JohnForslund 3m
"@HMof2: @JohnForslund Any word on whether Komisarek, Ruutu or Westgarth will be seeing action soon?" No Ruutu tonight but the others are in

EDIT:

John Forslund ‏@JohnForslund 1m
"@tas0417: @JohnForslund @HMof2 if westgarth & komisarek are in - who is out tonight!" #7 snd #20

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Ugh, Murphy and Nash sitting?

I understand Murphy for a game or two to get Komi in (although I'd rather have 7 dmen) but really? Westgarth? Even against his old team me no likey.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I hope Komi does well, I'd like that guy to succeed here.

I have no comment on Westgarth at this point in time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad