GDT: Los Angeles @ Carolina - Stand back! There's a Hurricane comin' through!

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
An anthropomorphic summary of the Hurricanes season thus far:

Who:

474141-jerry_the_king_lawler.jpg

@

thehurricanew.jpg

What:

Ice Hockey
icehockey.jpg

Where:

pnc-arena.jpg

When:

Friday, October 11th, 2013, 19:00 EST

Why:

Los Angeles Kings Lineup

Dustin Brown - Anze Kopitar - Justin Williams
Matt Frattin - Mike Richards - Jeff Carter
Kyle Clifford - Jarret Stoll - Trevor Lewis
Daniel Carcillo - Colin Fraser - Jordan Nolan

Robyn Regehr - Drew Doughty
Willie Mitchell - Slava Voynov
Alec Martinez - Matt Greene

Jonathan Quick
Ben Scrivens

Carolina Hurricanes Lineup

Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin
Nathan Gerbe - Jordan Staal - Patrick Dwyer
Jeff Skinner - Riley Nash - Radek Dvorak
Brett Sutter - Elias Lindholm - Drayson Bowman

Andrej Sekera - Justin Faulk
Brett Bellemore - Ron Hainsey
Jay Harrison - Ryan Murphy

Cam Ward
Anton Khudobin

Now that the plesantries are out of the way, a bit of back story for both teams:

First, Anton Randel-El. After several dominant seasons as a play maker for the Redskins, The Anton has decided to pull a Deion Danders and switch sports. He's now currently our best goalie

next, we have starting goalie, turned back up, Kirk Cameron Ward who constantly teases us by switching between Pro and Noob on a daily basis

next, we have a bit of interesting back story. LA Kings foward Jeff Carter and his close, personal friend, WWE Super Star Fit Finlay (who are both huge football fans) issued a contest to the colleges of the USA to determine which had the most passionate fans, with the winner securing a new football stadium. North Carolina is first and foremost a basket ball state and as such all our universities (Duke, UNC, NCSU, Wake, ECU, etc) focus most of their efforts on basketball with football coming in second. NCSU sought to capitilize on the contest though, and sent noted Wolf Pack alumni: Scott Hall, Kevin Nash & Hollywood Hogan to lobby for support.

In the end the contest was won and thus, Carter-Finley Stadium was born.

carter+-+game+one+by+MZ.jpg
+
fit-finlay.jpg
=
Carter-Finley_Stadium_1.jpg

Lastly, perenial diver/cry baby Jeff Skinner is working on improving his image.

Jeff-Skinner-puck-bunnies-245x300.jpg

So he turned, logically, to the forfront of fashion, Lady Gaga, for inspiration and hired her personal costume designer, renowned make-up and special effects artist, Glenn Hetrick for help.

Results so far are getting mixed reviews

Anyways, thus ends another exciting GDT and here's hoping we can keep this little streak going. LET'S GO 'CANES!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: MinJaBen

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
It's too bad that Rosey is no longer tagging with the Hurricane.

6-1 W, Hainsey with all 6.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Worried they'll have some dead legs tonight, especially Faulk and Sekera. I'm guessing tonight is a night where he dresses 7 D?

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Justin Williams will stub a toe walking into the arena, play off of adrenaline against his old team, and end up with the hat trick. It will later be revealed his stubbed pinky toe will be a career ender...

After his hat trick there will be clamors amongst canes fans that we should send "immediate impact player needed" Lindholm and "played out at 21" Skinner plus a 1st to LA for Williams and the rights to Coulton Tuebert and the 2nd that the dastardly wizard Ray Whitney duped the canes out of so long ago...

Last edited:

FootKnight

This ****ing team
May 28, 2007
Our lines last game were:

Brown - Kopitar - Williams
Carcillo - Richards - Carter
King - Stoll - Nolan
Clifford - Lewis - Frattin

Should be the same to start tonight as far as I'm aware.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Lindholm and Nash swapped places.

I would expect 7 defensemen tonight too with the back to back and Muller really wanting to get Komisarek into a game.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Would not be shocked if Sutter's out of the lineup tonight in favor of Komisarek as the #7 dman. Some of the guys on the back end (notably Faulk) are going to be in need of a bit of rest after last night.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Would not be shocked if Sutter's out of the lineup tonight in favor of Komisarek as the #7 dman. Some of the guys on the back end (notably Faulk) are going to be in need of a bit of rest after last night.

I'd think Sutter gets the game against his dad... Might be wrong though. Definitely agree with you, I just think it might be Bowman.

Blown Away

Apr 23, 2013
I gotta think Ruutu is getting close. If not tonight maybe Sunday?

Waaaay OT, but does anyone else think that Robyn Regher sounds like a character from "Game of Thrones"?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
Could well be, that one's a total coinflip IMO, just had forgotten about the LA connection with his dad.

I met Darryl when he was the GM of the Flames. It was the weekend before he snagged our defenseman. I think I was one of 2 people who knew who he was there.

Blown Away

Apr 23, 2013
Well there's a character in the books named Robin Ryger, so I'd say so.

Wow. Captain of the River Run guards. (I googled the name). You must really be into GoT. I've read all the books and watched the HBO series, but didn't recall that name. I suppose I was thinking of Rhaegar Targaryen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad