OT: Los Angeles Angels Talk

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
At least Laureno can't hurt us for the rest of the season.

And is anyone surprised this guy was juiced up to the gills? And then claiming it was an accident. Pretty sure the stuff he popped for needs to be injected into you on a daily basis :laugh:

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
Nice pitching by Patrick Sandoval against LAD last night. They won without Ohtani, Trout, Walsh and Rendon.

All their young pitchers are going to play against LAD this series.

Hopefully that shows Moreno, you just need good pitching and timely hits to win ballgames.

Member 308457

Looks like Brock Holt belongs on the Angels' staff. He throws marshmallows but he gets outs, at least here he did, not like the Angels pitchers...The Angels, who continue to be my favorite team (?Why? because it's always been that way)...they stink.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
So Heaney has given up 15 earned runs in 15 innings since being traded to the Yankees.
He was one of the most frustrating Angels pitchers to watch because of how he can go from having a 8 inning 1 earned one game to giving up 7 runs his next start.
Every year it would seem like he's about to turn the corner when has one of those 8 inning starts and then goes back to giving up a lot of runs.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Ohtani with 40 HRs continues to add to the record for most HRs in a season for a Japanese born hitter in MLB.

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
These 1st inning hot takes have led to positive results, keep it up.

I definitely overreacted to a small sample for a guy getting in his first substantial work in almost two years, but in going back to this post, the biggest takeaway from the back-and-forth we had in April has been the command. When I said what I said, he had walked 13 guys in his first 9 innings of work and then walked 6 in his next start vs. Tampa (which gave him 19 in his first four outings). In the 14 starts since, he has walked a grand total of 20 guys and gotten his BB/9 down to 3.51, which is pretty astounding.

Reactions: duxfan1101

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
40th bomb tonight for the man who has arguably been the best pitcher on planet Earth since the calendar hit July 1. With Vladito hitting his own offensive funk, the only question left at this point is whether Shohei wins the AL MVP award unanimously or not.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
40th bomb tonight for the man who has arguably been the best pitcher on planet Earth since the calendar hit July 1. With Vladito hitting his own offensive funk, the only question left at this point is whether Shohei wins the AL MVP award unanimously or not.
I know its not the mother of all stats but Ohtani leads the majors in WAR and its funny because most seasons its been Trout leading the majors in WAR.
Going into tonights game Ohtani had a 7.5 WAR and now its probably gonna be around 7.7 or 7.8.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
What a nightmare. Another owner and executive who thinks that he knows more than he does. And yet, somehow, he is making a fortune out of it all, so you will never convince him that he is doing something wrong. I have responded by not going to games anymore.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
What a nightmare. Another owner and executive who thinks that he knows more than he does. And yet, somehow, he is making a fortune out of it all, so you will never convince him that he is doing something wrong. I have responded by not going to games anymore.

Arte saw a bigger picture when he acquired the Angels to make more profit, which I don't blame him for making profit. His problem is he can't see the big picture for the Angels as he consistently intervenes on baseball operation decisions and processes because he wants everything to go through him. The Angels made him more money with the Latin market, which Arte pitched to earn $2 billion from FSW 20-year TV network contract only for $330 mil, 10-year contract for the name "da Macheen" (Albert Pujols). Then he uses the threat of moving in order to buy up land all around Angels stadium to make into entertainment/apartment area.

Arte is a great business man, but not a great baseball owner. That's what we got to live with from now on. His success off the diamond will always usurp his lack of success on the diamond. He's the definition of insanity, "Doing the same thing and expecting a different result."

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
We're above .500. There's a very good chance we could finish at or above .500 to end the season. That's at least a first step in a positive direction.
Am i the only one who thinks Ohtani works better with Stassi than Suzuki ? His 8inning 1 earned run 40th HR game happening with Stassi behind the plate.
When you see Ohtani with Stassi behind the plate he seems more relaxed and seems to respond to him better.

Oct 18, 2011
They found one of the most generic sounding announcers ever. Sutton went a little overboard with analytics crap but he was way better

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
They found one of the most generic sounding announcers ever. Sutton went a little overboard with analytics crap but he was way better
I feel like he struggled at first but once he got comfortable he was a good voice in the booth, felt like he was just coming into his own when he was fired.

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Return of the Eric Kay case. The details are excruciating. Kay faces 20 years to life. The government is prosecuting. If the Angels lose the case, they can be on the hook for tens of millions of dollars in lawsuits. Apparently Kay, who was with the Halos from 1996-2019 was a drug addict himself and distributed pills to about six Angels.

https://leagueofjustice.com/fentany...ms-are-angels-responsible-for-pitchers-death/
There is a huge difference between the criminal case and the civil case. I don't know all of the facts, but if the facts in the article are proven it is far more likely than not that Kay will be convicted. I suspect that there will be a plea bargin at some point in time just to put an end to the case.

The civil case is a different matter, and it is far more likely to get very ugly than the criminal case. The defense is certainly going to use Skaggs voluntary use of drugs, and mixing them with alcohol, as a defense both to liability and to future damages. The argument is going to be that Skaggs is at least partially responsible for his own death, since he voluntarily asked for and took the drugs, and took them while drinking alcohol. The defense will also argue that Skaggs voluntary use of drugs would significantly diminish his future effectiveness and earnings, and that he was not going have the duration of employment and income that the family will claim. I suspect that both sides will want to avoid a civil trial, and it will be emotionally ery hard on Skaggs family, and the insurance company representing the Angels is going to want to limit its risk exposure. Thus, eventually the matter will settle without a trial.

Reactions: Hockey Duckie

PaddyMcStackin

Goalier Than Thou
Apr 18, 2018
Planning on going to the Saturday night game against the Rangers. Wife wants to be in the shade and away from people. Which section should I look for tickets? Looking to spend less than $30/seat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad