OT: Looking for advice for an upcoming trip to Toronto

Steve

Mar 6, 2002
I'll echo the real sports suggestion. You may want to reserve a table asap though, especially if there is a Leafs game while you are here.

Eastburn1224

Sep 15, 2005
Aston, PA
It's nicer but there OP clearly asks for a spot that they can walk rather than cab, and the Yonge/Queen area would be much more convenient for ACC/Loose Moose/Real Sports/Richmond-King-Queen nightlife, etc...

Now on the other hand, the Bloor-Yorkville Marriott is about 50 steps from the Brass Rail, so there's that...

I will definitely run the Real Sports by the other guys. We should make reservations now even though it is three months away?

And as for the Bloor-Yorkville Marriott, we can easily switch to a different Marriott if there is is another location that would be more centralized. It would have to be a Marriott though because one of the guys gets a discount as an employee.

Also, is there anything else you guys would recommend to do during the day.

Breakingbad28

Feb 3, 2011
I will definitely run the Real Sports by the other guys. We should make reservations now even though it is three months away?

And as for the Bloor-Yorkville Marriott, we can easily switch to a different Marriott if there is is another location that would be more centralized. It would have to be a Marriott though because one of the guys gets a discount as an employee.

you'll be fine making reservations a day before, if you want to play it on the super-safe side call two or three days before.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth
Seconding Real Sports if it's your first time in Toronto. Good luck finding a table though.

You need to reserve one(which is insane for a bar). I was at the Sharks/Leafs game last week and every table was reserved, we were there by 4:30 and barely got two seats at the bar. Last year I actually went up to a table, removed the reservation sign, sat down and got served lol. Nobody noticed. It's a crummy thing to do but we were only there for half an hour.

Man Bear Pig

Aug 10, 2008
Earth

Real sports was voted #1 sports bar in North America by ESPN, it's certainly worth overpaying for the beer. The TV they have is...unreal. Check out the Ripleys aquarium, pretty amazing place right beside the CN tower/Skydome(Rogers center). The CN tower is okay, tourists enjoy it. If you're from here it's just meh, you see it all the time sort of thing. The distillery district is another nice spot, although I'm not sure how far you'd wanna wander off from the ACC? That's about a half hour walk.

firstemperor

May 25, 2011

Kensington Market for Food, or any cultural regions (italy, greek, chinatown, korean district, etc.). I recommend Kensingston.

Zoo? Would recommend against it for a bachelors party though. Ripley's aquarium recently opened. There's probably a laundry list of other things people on here can think of.

Wheels

Aug 22, 2004

Bloor/Yorkville Marriott is fine. Worst case scenario you take a 10-minute subway trip downtown. It's not walking distance but you'd rather stay there than downtown if you have to stay at a Marriott.

Real Sports if you guys are sports nuts is a great option. Make the reservation now - can't hurt. If you'd rather do the sort of classy/traditional steak dinner for the stag, I'd recommend Barberians (or, if you want to go more upscale/expensive, Harbour Sixty or Jacobs & Co.).

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I just returned today . My daughter and I were up there for the B's game and to see the city.

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle on the lake and it was close to everything and felt very safe to walk around.

The city is great and the Leaf fans (even though some hate the B's) were cool.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
If you can, call and reserve a table or booth at Real Sports Bar and Grill. 199 HD flat screen TV's around the place and one huge 39 ft flat screen that you can't miss. Awesome atmosphere during Leaf games, and it's right beside the ACC. Can't go wrong. It's a bit pricey on food and beer but you make up for it with the atmosphere. Other options would be Loose Moose down the street on Front st across from Union Station. Or you can go to Jack Astors which is right beside it.

We went there last Friday night and even though the Leafs were playing the folks who worked there sat us in front of a TV and let us watch our B's. The price of food seemed OK and people were nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad