OT: Looking for advice for an upcoming trip to Toronto

Eastburn1224

Sep 15, 2005
Aston, PA
Hey everyone. I am looking for any advice for an upcoming trip to Toronto that a group of friends and myself will be taking March 7-9. The reason for the trip is as a bachelor party and we will all be making the trip from Philadelphia. The HHOF is already a guarantee but where we need help is what are the better restaurants (for a fairly nice dinner Saturday night), bars and "nightlife" to go to. The Flyers play the Leafs on the 8th, and that is why that weekend was picked. We most likely will not be attending the game unless a few of us decide last minute and get a good deal on tickets. Where is a great place to catch the game? As of now we are staying at the Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville but can switch over to Toronto Marriott Downtown if that is a more central location to the bars/restaurants, we would much rather walk than take a couple of cabs.

Anything you guys could recommend would be extremely helpful. One other person in the group beside myself has been Toronto and that was about 8 years ago so I figured who better to ask than those who visit often and those that live there.

Thanks, Bill

Leafs87

Mr. Steal Your Job
Aug 10, 2010
Toronto
Good advice would be to not wear your flyers jersey around the city :)

Haha on a serious note go to Richmond and Peter. If your into the club scene, theres something to do every night

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
Good advice would be to not wear your flyers jersey around the city :)

Haha on a serious note go to Richmond and Peter. If your into the club scene, theres something to do every night

As long as you aren't dicks wearing a Flyers jersey won't be a problem. Leafs have a long history with the Flyers. I certainly have a love/hate thing with the Flyers. Love the jersey and the passion of the Flyers fans.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
Hey everyone. I am looking for any advice for an upcoming trip to Toronto that a group of friends and myself will be taking March 7-9. The reason for the trip is as a bachelor party and we will all be making the trip from Philadelphia. The HHOF is already a guarantee but where we need help is what are the better restaurants (for a fairly nice dinner Saturday night), bars and "nightlife" to go to. The Flyers play the Leafs on the 8th, and that is why that weekend was picked. We most likely will not be attending the game unless a few of us decide last minute and get a good deal on tickets. Where is a great place to catch the game? As of now we are staying at the Toronto Marriott Bloor Yorkville but can switch over to Toronto Marriott Downtown if that is a more central location to the bars/restaurants, we would much rather walk than take a couple of cabs.

Anything you guys could recommend would be extremely helpful. One other person in the group beside myself has been Toronto and that was about 8 years ago so I figured who better to ask than those who visit often and those that live there.

Thanks, Bill

If you can, call and reserve a table or booth at Real Sports Bar and Grill. 199 HD flat screen TV's around the place and one huge 39 ft flat screen that you can't miss. Awesome atmosphere during Leaf games, and it's right beside the ACC. Can't go wrong. It's a bit pricey on food and beer but you make up for it with the atmosphere. Other options would be Loose Moose down the street on Front st across from Union Station. Or you can go to Jack Astors which is right beside it.

Ace88*

If you want a nice restaurant that isn't crazy expensive and you can watch the game at, call Real Sports bar and grill and reserve a booth in the lounge area. I promise you won't regret it. Pretty decent food, tons of beer on tap (i know you philly folks appreciate that) and tons of smokin hot girls.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto

Thanks, Bill

If you want a GREAT dining experience, try "Enoteca Sociale", on Dundas West(#1288), just west of Ossington St. It's an Italian Wine Bar. Reserve their private wine cellar room in the basement, with a long table that seats up to 12. It's great for special dinner events. For 45-60 bucks a head, they will bring you plate after plate of AMAZING Italian food, and their wine list is fantastic. It's not a super fancy place, per se.....just an awesome dining experience. It's also close to "Little Italy" if you want nightlife/good bars kind of scene afterwards.

http://sociale.ca/

For a great place to go watch the game......go to Shoeless Joe's at 276 King St. W. It's a big sports bar with a million TVs.

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
Good advice. Stay west of Yonge.

Unless south of King or on Bloor.

You could probably get to Church before it gets a little sketchy. Jarvis... maybe a little too far, depending on where you are.

Regardless, he's from Philadelphia. Regent Park and St. James Town is like an average low income neighbourhood there.

Blanka

Mar 27, 2013
"for a fairly nice dinner Saturday night"

Well, if you're looking for a one of, if not the best steakhouse in the city, you've got to go to Harbour Sixty. You'll drop some coin (~$100 each) but man it's the second best steak I've ever had (Joe's in Chicago made me cry it was so good). The great thing is, it's also a 5 min walk to the ACC if you manage to get tickets.

Hope you have a great time here.

CreeksideStrangler

Feb 9, 2011
Toronto, ON
You can get tickets from scalpers 5-10 minutes into the game for cheap. Check kijiji.ca a week in advance. It'd be a shame to miss out on the game but understandable.

Ciao

Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
Your hotel sounds pretty nice, but I would prefer the Marriott Eaton Center. More convenient and still a very nice hotel. NOT the Marriott Courtyard at Yonge and Wood, though - too out of the way.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Your hotel sounds pretty nice, but I would prefer the Marriott Eaton Center. More convenient and still a very nice hotel. NOT the Marriott Courtyard at Yonge and Wood, though - too out of the way.

Ugh. The Yorkville area is about a zillion times nicer than Yonge & Queen.

LadyLeaf

Apr 14, 2013
Toronto
If you don't actually go to the game watching it at Real Sports is definitely the next best thing. It has a 2 story high TV and a great sports atmosphere on Saturdays. If you decide to try your luck with tickets at the last minute Real sports is literally right beside the ACC and a hot spot for ticket scalpers. Also, ignore anyone who says not to wear your Flyers jersey. As long as you're not obnoxious you'll have no problems. Friendly banter with opposing teams fans is part of the fun!

NV

Aug 22, 2003
Ugh. The Yorkville area is about a zillion times nicer than Yonge & Queen.

It's nicer but there OP clearly asks for a spot that they can walk rather than cab, and the Yonge/Queen area would be much more convenient for ACC/Loose Moose/Real Sports/Richmond-King-Queen nightlife, etc...

Now on the other hand, the Bloor-Yorkville Marriott is about 50 steps from the Brass Rail, so there's that...

bauer

I MISS GHOST
Nov 11, 2007
Real Sports Bar and Grill is great. there's also Gretzky's on Blue Jays Way. it's expensive, but worth it for any hockey fan.

dubey

$$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$*NICE*$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Seconding Real Sports if it's your first time in Toronto. Good luck finding a table though.

PuckMagi

Apr 13, 2013
Toronto
i'll add another vote for real sports. make reservations a few weeks in advance, and put in a request to sit in the main area in front of the big TV screen. they don't guarentee it, but they make a note on your reservation.

Real Sports got voted the best sports bar in north america!

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Make sure to comb Danforth Avenue as well. If you are lucky, you may find our mayor passed out or completely wasted.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad