Looking for a few bloggers

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Firstly; I want to apologize to the mods in advance if this is not an appropriate post for the boards. I figured this was the best place for it as it had the highest concentration of (different) fans.

It only felt appropriate that I would look to HFBoards first when looking for like minded hockey fans. I have met a lot of great people on here and the exchange of ideas and knowledge is (typically) top notch. There are a ton of posters that have ridiculous knowledge of prospects, the CBA, their own team and some even have some sources when it comes to trade talks.

A lot of us are on here because this is an excellent source of information when it comes to hockey, you can usually ask a question and get an answer within moments. I also know sometimes people would like to work on (hockey) projects or complex ideas and the board might not always be the most appropriate place to do so. A blog can be a great outlet for that but a lot of the time people never get around to starting or they don't want the burden of handling the whole thing.

I am sure a lot of you have seen it, if not, you can easily find it, I have a blog and I thought it would be awesome if the blog was a source of information for every hockey fan. I don't think something like that is really out there. Even the Athletic doesn't have *every* (NHL) team covered yet. Even if another place does have it, I think we can do it better.

The blog doesn't have any banners or pop-up ads as it is not about making money, it is about a passion for hockey and an outlet for creativity.

Ideally I am looking for fans of the following teams that may have an interest in blogging, please private message me. If you find you have an interest in something that is not below, send me a private message as well, I don't want todeny anyone a chance to express themselves creatively.

• Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Vancouver Canucks
  • Nashville Predators
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Winnipeg Jets
  • Washington Capitals
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • Carolina Hurricanes
  • St.Louis Blues
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Las Vegas Golden Knights
  • New York Islanders
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Calgary Flames
  • Los Angeles Kings
  • Arizona Coyotes
  • Anaheim Ducks
  • Dallas Stars
  • Philadelphia Flyers
  • Chicago Blackhawks
In saying all this, please be provided to show some work you have already done or prepare a sample blog post.

Thanks HFBoards

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Can you provide how often a blog would need to be written? Daily, weekly or monthly?

In a perfect world once you establish a readership, they're going to want content. Everyone has a life that takes priority, this is strictly for fun. I think in a perfect world every 7-14 days? Right now I work 6 nights and then I am off for 3 so when I am off for those 3 days I try to do 1-2 blog posts, but I wouldn't hold anyone else to that standard.

I also think that larger market teams might benefit from having more then 1 blogger as the fan base is larger, so in theory the demand for content, higher.

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
Ok fair enough. I figured anyone seriously considering your proposal would have a similar question. Thanks!

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
What post length are you looking for, on average? And off season posts too or primarily regular and playoffs?

I would say enough to get your point across, you don't have to write a novel or anything, but if you're trying to make a point, try to provide examples/video/images etc. I expect it to die down a bit in the off season such as July-August although if your team makes a big trade or signing post July 1st, you'd have discretion to touch up on that.

You can check some of the blog posts that are currently up for reference, we just had our 1st blog post from a new blogger on the Ottawa side and we have more coming up from other fan bases soon :)

Reactions: Afterburner

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Also going to bump this for the people who aren't up all night prior to going to sleep for the day. Cheers.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Firstly; I want to apologize to the mods in advance if this is not an appropriate post for the boards. I figured this was the best place for it as it had the highest concentration of (different) fans.

It only felt appropriate that I would look to HFBoards first when looking for like minded hockey fans. I have met a lot of great people on here and the exchange of ideas and knowledge is (typically) top notch. There are a ton of posters that have ridiculous knowledge of prospects, the CBA, their own team and some even have some sources when it comes to trade talks.

A lot of us are on here because this is an excellent source of information when it comes to hockey, you can usually ask a question and get an answer within moments. I also know sometimes people would like to work on (hockey) projects or complex ideas and the board might not always be the most appropriate place to do so. A blog can be a great outlet for that but a lot of the time people never get around to starting or they don't want the burden of handling the whole thing.

I am sure a lot of you have seen it, if not, you can easily find it, I have a blog and I thought it would be awesome if the blog was a source of information for every hockey fan. I don't think something like that is really out there. Even the Athletic doesn't have *every* (NHL) team covered yet. Even if another place does have it, I think we can do it better.

The blog doesn't have any banners or pop-up ads as it is not about making money, it is about a passion for hockey and an outlet for creativity.

Ideally I am looking for fans of the following teams that may have an interest in blogging, please private message me. If you find you have an interest in something that is not below, send me a private message as well, I don't want todeny anyone a chance to express themselves creatively.

• Pittsburgh Penguins
  • Vancouver Canucks
  • Nashville Predators
  • Columbus Blue Jackets
  • Winnipeg Jets
  • Washington Capitals
  • Detroit Red Wings
  • Carolina Hurricanes
  • St.Louis Blues
  • Colorado Avalanche
  • Las Vegas Golden Knights
  • New York Islanders
  • Montreal Canadiens
  • Edmonton Oilers
  • Calgary Flames
  • Los Angeles Kings
  • Arizona Coyotes
  • Anaheim Ducks
  • Dallas Stars
  • Philadelphia Flyers
  • Chicago Blackhawks
In saying all this, please be provided to show some work you have already done or prepare a sample blog post.

Thanks HFBoards
Is your list of teams due to those are the ones you have remaining that have no coverage or is that those are the only teams you're going to be covering with your blog?

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Is your list of teams due to those are the ones you have remaining that have no coverage or is that those are the only teams you're going to be covering with your blog?

We've had people step forward who wanted to cover those teams, but I am open to having more then one voice available for a team, especially if it's a larger market :)

Also pretty happy to get some interest already via PM. If you're on the fence, ask. I think it's a really good creative outlet for people.

Last edited:

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
We've had people step forward who wanted to cover those teams, but I am open to having more then one voice available for a team, especially if it's a larger market :)

Also pretty happy to get some interest already via PM. If you're on the fence, ask. I think it's a really good creative outlet for people.
Noticed Bruins not on your list. Unfortunately the laptop was not an item I got in the divorce and spending the $ on another isn't possible right now. Wouldn't want to have to do that kind of thing on my tablet or phone.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Noticed Bruins not on your list. Unfortunately the laptop was not an item I got in the divorce and spending the $ on another isn't possible right now. Wouldn't want to have to do that kind of thing on my tablet or phone.

Yeah, I couldn't imagine writing a blog post via mobile or tablet. If you have an interest down the line and get your hands on a laptop, shoot me a private message :) there isn't an expiration date on this post. As long as you're a good person and have the desire to create quality content, then I have all day for you.

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad