Longest Goal Droughts in terms of TIME (not GP)?

tfwnogf

Dec 15, 2013
at this point I don't want Connor Brown to score. who knows what kind of bad juju would unlock if he did.

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
Already in the thread.
Oops I missed that. Thanks.

Fred Hucul was a perennial all-star, mainly in the old Western Hockey League. His brother Sandy was also a perennial all-star. Both played defence and both sometimes played on the same team and partnered together, with left-hander Fred on the left, and right-hander Sandy playing right defence. Fred was the elite skater and offensive puck-moving defenceman, Sandy was the hard-nosed stay-at-home defenceman whom Don Cherry once referred to as one of the scariest players he ever played against. However, they both just missed out on making it big in the NHL. It wasn't until expansion in 1967 that Fred Hucul got a second crack at the NHL, but by that time his back was a mess and he was nearing retirement. He remains though, a legendary star from the old WHL, along with Guyle Fielder, Connie Madigan, his brother Sandy, and others. Fortunately, he had invested some money and after a few coaching gigs he and his wife retired to their cattle ranch in west-central Alberta.

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oops I missed that. Thanks.

Fred Hucul was a perennial all-star, mainly in the old Western Hockey League. His brother Sandy was also a perennial all-star. Both played defence and both sometimes played on the same team and partnered together. However, they both just missed out on making it big in the NHL. It wasn't until expansion in 1967 that Fred Hucul got a second crack at the NHL, but by that time his back was a mess and he was nearing retirement. He remains though, a legendary star from the old WHL, along with Guyle Fielder, Connie Madigan, his brother Sandy, and others. Fortunately, he had invested some money and after a few coaching gigs he and his wife retired to his cattle ranch in west-central Alberta.

It's a crazy amount of time.

They should make a movie about it starring Aaron Eckhart.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Not NHL, but Wings future star (generational??) 2nd round pick defenseman Brady Cleveland hasn’t scored a goal since the 20-21 season when he was 15 years old…

Chairman Maouth

Retired Staff
Apr 29, 2009
Comox Valley
It's a crazy amount of time.

They should make a movie about it starring Aaron Eckhart.
:laugh::laugh:

The first post here that you pointed out to me said his last goal in Chicago was assisted by Bill Mosienko. Mosienko has held the record for the fastest NHL hat trick for the last 72 years. I don't believe Hucul assisted on any of those goals though.

2L5v0Nw.png

Last edited:
Reactions: NyQuil

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad