Longest [Car] Drive You've Done Solo

New Jersey

(pacmanghost x) sad again
Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
Visiting a friend at West Virginia University in a couple weeks and I'm likely gonna do the drive solo. Will be by far the longest trip I made with no one else in the car.

hbu? And what precautions should be taken when making any sort of road trip on your lonesome?

edit: I ask because anxiety.

AnAceOfKidneys

May 2, 2014
334 yards straight up the fairway

Yeah, power carts are great for people who hate walking, and that you can drive the cart straight after all those wine coolers too :laugh:

I've done the Tumbler Ridge/ Halifax drive. It is never ending.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
lol typical :rolleyes:

jokes on you for coming to the lounge expecting serious answers.

and is a 6 hour drive really that big of an issue? if you really freak out over the idea of a 6 hour drive alone, then i'm not sure you should be making that drive alone.

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
no challenge

it's more to nullify the complaints of authority figures in my life who want me to be terrified of leaving my house. being an only child sucks for your self-confidence sometimes, and I'm ****ing 22 ****.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Take sunflower seeds. It helps to keep you awake.

as a kid i use to eat the seeds. just chewed the whole ****ing thing.

and then i pooped.

i'm pretty sure pooping out literal glass shards would have been less painful.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Went to Red Deer and back in one day. 10 total of driving.

My suggestion is buy one of those tire air pumps that plugs into your car. Most punctures are slow leaks so if you have a problem in an unfamiliar area or a very busy freeway you can quickly pump up your tire and drive to either a tire shop or a less stressful place where you can change your tire.

I don't like to change tires on the side of the road because of anxiety of this happening.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
from Labrador City, NL
to Kingston, ON

18 h 37 min (1,537 km)

did this twice by myself in 1 day

it was stupid the first time i did it lmao

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
you're like 6-6 and 140 pounds and built like a girl.

not a ****ing chance in hell you can drive a ball that far.

6'4 186 thank you.

All in the hips

Title clarification mission accomplished

New Jersey

Sep 7, 2009
*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
I thought a self proclaimed legend would be cool

My apologies

it was very tongue-in-cheek, friend. i'm no stranger to lounge silliness.

Anyway, here I am, freaking out over a six-hour drive, and since I created this thread during a break at work I just had to evasive maneuver onto the shoulder around a huge piece of plywood in the road that caught air during my usual commute.

****in' driving is such a crap shoot sometimes. :laugh:

My suggestion is buy one of those tire air pumps that plugs into your car. Most punctures are slow leaks so if you have a problem in an unfamiliar area or a very busy freeway you can quickly pump up your tire and drive to either a tire shop or a less stressful place where you can change your tire.

I already own one. Word.

Pharrell Williams

watch me whip and nae nae
Sep 15, 2013
a particular place or position.
the LONGEST i have driven on my own was oxford, ohio to somewhere around halfway to indianapolis, indiana. which is not far. but the roads are neat and i love driving so i have driven for 6-7 hours several times just listening to music and going fast on roads you shouldn't go fast on ayy

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
it was very tongue-in-cheek, friend. i'm no stranger to lounge silliness.

CA6q-SXWQAArfud.png

u no stranger round these parts

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
South Florida to Chicagoland. I've found listening to talk radio is far better than listening to music for staying awake. For me, anyway. NHL on Sirius XM was perfect for a good chunk of that trip.

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Made a drive from Fort McMurray AB to Hope BC (just outside Vancouver), 1436KM, in 12.5 hours. Or maybe it was 13.5 hours, I think 12 but I can't quite remember

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
10 hours, middle of a bad snow storm. Usually a 4 1/2--5 hour drive.

Cars were rolled in the ditch, police were just attaching caution tape from the car to near-by signs.

Brutal.

Was so physically and mentally exhausted after that.

Had podcasts on for some of the way, but the radio was off for most of the way since I had to focus.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad