Salary Cap: Long-term roster-building discussion (Full contract chart in post #1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bennett Brauer

May 1, 2011
Pittsburgh, PA
Before you ever even begin to consider a younger player in this lineup, you must ask these questions first.

Is he inexperienced? Can he be replaced by an aging vet? Is Bylsma the coach?

If you answered yes to any of those questions then rip it from your skull and light it on fire, because there is no ****ing way in hell it's ever happening.

Well, I see it being similar to Vitale's situation. I remember when Talbot signed with Philly we were like "who is the 4th line center" I thought it would have been Ryan Craig but it was a young inexperienced Joe Vitale. So I don't think Bylsma would have a problem playing Zach Sill.

Why are we still obsessed with trading for Yandle anyway?

I don't think anyone's "obsessed", it was just something I mentioned because my friend mentioned it to me. Letang is going to command a lot of money, and if he's going to be mediocre defensively then what's the point? And people say "oh all he needs is a new coach to put in a defensive systeam and he'll be fine". Does anybody realistically see Shero replacing Bylsma anytime soon? I don't.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
Well, I see it being similar to Vitale's situation. I remember when Talbot signed with Philly we were like "who is the 4th line center" I thought it would have been Ryan Craig but it was a young inexperienced Joe Vitale. So I don't think Bylsma would have a problem playing Zach Sill.

I don't think anyone's "obsessed", it was just something I mentioned because my friend mentioned it to me. Letang is going to command a lot of money, and if he's going to be mediocre defensively then what's the point? And people say "oh all he needs is a new coach to put in a defensive systeam and he'll be fine". Does anybody realistically see Shero replacing Bylsma anytime soon? I don't.

Except Vitale is still having a hell of a time seeing the ice.

Beaudangles19

Dec 10, 2012
USA
would you guys do this?

to the OILERS
Kris Letang

To the PENS
Justin Schultz and 7th overral pick.

id definitely do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad