GDT: long pile end knob wompers @ SAUNA

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Guys, Slavin dove like a fish out of water. Let’s just accept it and move on. Between Skjei and Slavin we gave the main board enough to chew on for the next decade the way they’ll go on about it.

I didn’t see the Slavin “dive”. But I feel like slashes can be deceiving. Watching this video I’d never of guessed this was strong enough to break TT’s hand. But it was.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site

I didn’t see the Slavin “dive”. But I feel like slashes can be deceiving. Watching this video I’d never of guessed this was strong enough to break TT’s hand. But it was.

I have a game later on, I was thinking about making a video with one of my teammates two handing the back of my leg to show what I’m talking about, but I feel like I’m trying too hard! 😂 No one wants to believe that Slavin would play something up and I can accept that.

They gooned us up last year if memory serves, so there’s track record of them trying to compensate for the skill difference with cheap and physical play. I would assume the Canes have talked about this and how we can beat them with the power play. It makes sense that we would make sure we get some calls. With Rod’s rep we don’t get a lot of calls so players may feel the need to help things a little.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
I have a game later on, I was thinking about making a video with one of my teammates two handing the back of my leg to show what I’m talking about, but I feel like I’m trying too hard! 😂 No one wants to believe that Slavin would play something up and I can accept that.

They gooned us up last year if memory serves, so there’s track record of them trying to compensate for the skill difference with cheap and physical play. I would assume the Canes have talked about this and how we can beat them with the power play. It makes sense that we would make sure we get some calls. With Rod’s rep we don’t get a lot of calls so players may feel the need to help things a little.

I can meet you in a Bojangles parking lot and I can slash your legs if you’d like to prove a point. #SlavinIsInnocentAndWouldNeverLieToGod

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL

Scoring on that first PP is huge too because if you don’t cash in then they will goon it up even more

Btw: RBA gets the “blame” for his complaining (of course watch Rangers coach or Maurice lately) but I wonder if dundon’s constant “input” to the league office highly contributes too.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
He also made the most good defensive plays of anybody which was….odd. Chatfield i thought had the most complete game of any defenseman and i dont think it was really close.

And on the forward side, Svech was a force, but Staal surprised me the most. He started off the game horribly (including 0/3 in the faceoff circle), but I believe he finished the game with 70% in the dot and 7 hits.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
So I had to watch the last half of the game this morning due to the Blind Guardian concert last night.

Freddie is the f***ing man, he saved our asses big time.

Burns saved that one goal but he was pretty horrendous most of the night

Jarvis the wrecking ball!

Noesen deserves whatever raise he gets, he's been good for us and I hate to see him leave

After that tying goal through the whole second we were horrible and had our heads up our asses. We had 1 shot through like 15 min and had like 2-3 all period? Which somehow was +2 by the start of the 3rd (guess they bumped it out of pity). 3rd we came out more playing "our" game and tried to match the physicality a bit more. Good 3rd and got rewarded for it!!

Refs might as well not even be there if they're not gonna call blatant penalties, the officiating was horrendous and only got worse as the game went on. Game management bullshit has got to stop, we had the 3-2 PP edge but easily could have had 15+ just a complete shit show. Playoff hockey or not there were a lot of dangerous plays completely ignored. And it's the only way NYI stay in games honestly.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
You know who bitches about dives? The team that lost the Gotdammed game bitches about dives.
Skjei I can give them was a bit embellished, but still a blatant penalty. Slavin I don't think I've seen ever embellish, and anyone who's taken any sort of hit/kick/chop to the back or side of the knee knows that shit will bring you down. Again, Piles got away with so many blatant pick plays and other shit they have negative room to complain about officiating or "perceived" embellishment

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Yes upon closer inspection I found this to be true. So I’m good. Yes it would be great if they had the opposing team and date but I guess let’s not go overboard…
IMG_5668.jpeg

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.

Not just the back of the leg, to the back of the knee. Very much please do that and film it from multiple angles.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
That might be the first time anyone has ever slashed Slavin in the back of the leg. It f***ing hurts. People dont slash you in thecback of the legs because it feels good.

I just watched it again, looked like it got him right behind the knee. Slavins reaction is exactly what happens when you hit someone behind the knee. Anyone whos ever been the middle school knows that.

Last edited:

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
That might be the first time anyone has ever slashed Slavin in the back of the leg. It f***ing hurts. People dont slash you in thecback of the legs because it feels good.

I just watched it again, looked like it got him right behind the knee. Slavins reaction is exactly what happens when you hit someone behind the knee. Anyone whos ever been the middle school knows that.
Piles fans dropped out of school before then so it makes more sense now :sarcasm:

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Islanders came out of game 1 feeling the Hurricanes aren’t that good and that they can hold them down

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
Islanders came out of game 1 feeling the Hurricanes aren’t that good and that they can hold them down
Their fans? Sure. The team i doubt that. I think the team is well aware the Canes did not play their game and they have have to play a lot better if they are going g to win a game.

Reijo29

Feb 8, 2015
Their fans? Sure. The team i doubt that. I think the team is well aware the Canes did not play their game and they have have to play a lot better if they are going g to win a game.
The team, just read todays quotes in the New York Post. It was extremely odd yesteday, on here in first five minutes people posting this won’t go 5 and then after the game the Islanders feel they should have won.

Derailed75

Jan 5, 2021
Danville
The team, just read todays quotes in the New York Post. It was extremely odd yesteday, on here in first five minutes people posting this won’t go 5 and then after the game the Islanders feel they should have won.
Oh they should have won game 1 but I'm pretty sure they know the Canes were flat for the first 2 and if they played their game for 3 periods instead of just the 3rd period that game would have been a blow out

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad