Long Beach, California

Ducksgo*

I was mostly kidding because I live there :laugh:

But Ducksgo is right, certain places to steer clear of.

I wanted to add north side and a bit of west side. But would get to complicated. If he gets a rental car you would have to be stupid to keep driving in a bad neighbor hood. Do you have any suggestions for an out of Towner
Coming to LB? I just know of the east side due to friends living their.

So sad can't even have out of Towners and tourist see long beach unless they are close to Lakewood or past PCH or Ocean. Just want a pleasant experience for this hockey fan. :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I'm assuming he's staying downtown in which case I'd say stay around Pine Ave or the Pike/Rainbow Harbor.

He can go east and hit second street if he likes overpriced food and pretentious people. But that means its 1 less parking spot for me :rant:

Don't go north from downtown though.

Corey Perry*

I wanted to add north side and a bit of west side. But would get to complicated. If he gets a rental car you would have to be stupid to keep driving in a bad neighbor hood.

It's not like he's going to get killed by driving through it. Most Crips are looking to kill Bloods, not Canadian businessmen.

And btw OP, when he refers to "East Side", that's not actually East Long Beach, but actually parts of West and Central Long Beach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside,_Long_Beach,_California

Lastly, if you're looking for a nice establishment to purchase an alcoholic beverage, I reccomend this little place called "Rippples". The guys there are really nice! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It's not like he's going to get killed by driving through it. Most Crips are looking to kill Bloods, not Canadian businessmen.

And btw OP, when he refers to "East Side", that's not actually East Long Beach, but actually parts of West and Central Long Beach.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastside,_Long_Beach,_California

Lastly, if you're looking for a nice establishment to purchase an alcoholic beverage, I reccomend this little place called "Rippples". The guys there are really nice! ;)

Well, I'd send him to Hooters. :D Especially after we score 5 goals again. :thumbu:

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
So whats wrong with the East and North and a bit of the West? Is it ghetto? Alot of crime? Gang turf? Crips and Bloods? 18th street gang?

Ducksgo*

So whats wrong with the East and North and a bit of the West? Is it ghetto? Alot of crime? Gang turf? Crips and Bloods? 18th street gang?

It's nothing to worry about man. Just enjoy your time here. Go see the Queen Marry, enjoy Shoreline Drive. Walk around a bit downtown. You will have a pleasant experience while visiting.

Ducksgo*

I'm assuming he's staying downtown in which case I'd say stay around Pine Ave or the Pike/Rainbow Harbor.

He can go east and hit second street if he likes overpriced food and pretentious people. But that means its 1 less parking spot for me :rant:

Don't go north from downtown though.

Well if he enjoys huge bar scenes he has to hit up PJs (panama joes) off 2nd :) and you are so right about the parking ughhh

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We have a next game vs Avs @ HC and the next day we visit Kings, so you can visit both venues.
If you are at the California at that time, of course.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad