Long Beach, California

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Hey y'all I will be at a conference for work in California, I am from Toronto, ON I was wondering from the NHL teams based out of California which is the closest to Long Beach and how much the tickets are in the regular season and the playoffs? Thank You so much for your help.

From all of the California teams in the NHL the Anaheim Ducks is who I cheer for!

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
Hey - it's similar distance to the Honda Center vs Staples but its MUCH easier traffic to get to Anaheim for a night game. Takes 20-40 minutes based on traffic. Tickets are going to be ridiculously cheap for you regardless compared to Toronto. Check out Ticketmaster, stubhub, and 714 tickets.

Tyler Durden

Sep 18, 2009
Thanks alot buddy I really appreciate it! I'm really excited since Leafs tickets are so expensive how much cheaper roughly are Ducks tickets than Leafs tickets for an average seat?

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Hey - it's similar distance to the Honda Center vs Staples but its MUCH easier traffic to get to Anaheim for a night game. Takes 20-40 minutes based on traffic. Tickets are going to be ridiculously cheap for you regardless compared to Toronto. Check out Ticketmaster, stubhub, and 714 tickets.

Best place to get tickets too, its always a flat rate, no hidden fees. Just pick up the tickets right before you go into the parking lot to Honda Center its right across the street.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
Thanks alot buddy I really appreciate it! I'm really excited since Leafs tickets are so expensive how much cheaper roughly are Ducks tickets than Leafs tickets for an average seat?

I paid 15 each ticket for the Preds game, was in the middle of the 400 section though. But there is literally no bad seat in Honda Center.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Another vote for 714 tickets. They have some of the best prices especially for weekday games and lesser opponents. They have some plaza level seats that can be relatively cheap as well. $50-$60 depending upon day and team.

I've also been successful with Craigslist but you do need a bit more diligent there.

Good luck.

DarthYenik

Sep 15, 2011
California
I hate to sell my own team down the river, but unless you want to deal with Disneyland, then Kings games, Staples Center, and LA Live are probably more entertaining for tourists.

But I'd ask for a second opinion on this since I haven't been to a Kings game in 7 or 8 years.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
I hate to sell my own team down the river, but unless you want to deal with Disneyland, then Kings games, Staples Center, and LA Live are probably more entertaining for tourists.

But I'd ask for a second opinion on this since I haven't been to a Kings game in 7 or 8 years.

Have you watched the Kings the last 2 years? Their games aren't entertaining for ANYONE any more.

No :sarcasm:

Ramenbot

May 2, 2010
Burbank

LA in general has more to offer than Anaheim, of course. LA Live is a total trap, though. It's OK if you want to hang out somewhere after a game, but it's not a destination on its own.

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Guys, he didn't ask for tourist advice. ;) He asked how close and how much to see NHL hockey while adding he favored the Ducks over any other CA team.

He will have plenty of time to tourist all over the state on non game days. :laugh:

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Top rows behind the goals in the 400s.
Disagree. I like the view from there. I love those seats. I watched the Mighty Ducks beat the Devils 6-1 back in the 90s from those seats. And Alex Hicks' epic first NHL game.

edit - and the goal Carnback scored against the Isles with less than a second left in OT, that sent one of the Swedish Tommy's into fits. (it might have been Douris - I still get those guys confused).

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
LA in general has more to offer than Anaheim, of course. LA Live is a total trap, though. It's OK if you want to hang out somewhere after a game, but it's not a destination on its own.

That really isn't a fair statement. Anaheim is a significantly smaller city, but if you include the Orange County area you have a lot more options.

Corey Perry*

I have to disagree. LA Live is not that great. It's just a few restaurants, and a couple stores a few blocks away. Nothing that great. And the atmosphere at Kings games seems kind of fake, if you know what I mean. Ducks games may not have the same atmosphere as Habs games, but Ducks games feel more like a hockey game, than an event. Kings games are quite sterile, imo.

That, and with traffic on top of that, I'd say the Ducks game will be the better overall experience.

TheFlyingV

Anatidaephobia
Apr 5, 2009
Yorba Linda, CA
Disagree. I like the view from there. I love those seats. I watched the Mighty Ducks beat the Devils 6-1 back in the 90s from those seats. And Alex Hicks' epic first NHL game.

edit - and the goal Carnback scored against the Isles with less than a second left in OT, that sent one of the Swedish Tommy's into fits. (it might have been Douris - I still get those guys confused).

I mean literally under the Honda Center sign.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
Yea I guess some parts of Long Beach arent so nice. Ive mostly stayed around the college since I went to CSULB and it was fine.

Anyways, Long Beach is closer to Anaheim than LA by probably 20 mins. And Ducks hockey is much better anyways.

Ducksgo*

What's wrong with Long Beach? One of my associates told me to behave myself when I go to Long Beach. Anything I should know about the place?

Keep yourself off The east side of Long Beach. Preferably anything past Martin Luther King avenue and east. 21st St and MLK especially Are not very good areas. I'm not trying to scare you, but as a visitor there are good places and bad. I'm sure it's the same everywhere. Just be careful and you will be fine.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad