London Knights 2023-24 Season Thread (Part 5)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
I have included the definition of interference below. I was overwhelmingly surprised to see that the rule does not indicate that you cannot be penalized for interference if you are in front of the opponent.

When I was in University I worked at The Beer Store and our manager used to tell us "the customer is always right, no matter how wrong they are".
It is amazing how often I am reminded of that quote.....

View attachment 855151

Rule 56 – Interference
56.1 Interference - A strict standard on acts of interference must be
adhered to in all areas of the rink.
Body Position: Body position shall be determined as the player
skating in front of or beside his opponent, traveling in
the same direction. A player who is behind an
opponent, who does not have the puck, may not use
his stick, body or free hand in order to restrain his
SECTION 7 – RESTRAINING INFRACTIONS
ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE OFFICIAL RULES 2023-2024
opponent, but must skate in order to gain or
reestablish his proper position in order to make a
check.
A player is allowed the ice he is standing on
(body position) and is not required to move in order
to let an opponent proceed. A player may “block” the
path of an opponent provided he is in front of his
opponent and moving in the same direction. Moving
laterally and without establishing body position, then
making contact with the non-puck carrier is not
permitted and will be penalized as interference. A
player is always entitled to use his body position to
lengthen an opponent’s path to the puck, provided
his stick is not utilized (to make himself “bigger” and
therefore considerably lengthening the distance his
opponent must travel to get where he is going); his
free hand is not used and he does not take
advantage of his body position to deliver an
otherwise illegal check.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
Rule 56 – Interference
56.1 Interference - A strict standard on acts of interference must be
adhered to in all areas of the rink.
Body Position: Body position shall be determined as the player
skating in front of or beside his opponent, traveling in
the same direction. A player who is behind an
opponent, who does not have the puck, may not use
his stick, body or free hand in order to restrain his
SECTION 7 – RESTRAINING INFRACTIONS
ONTARIO HOCKEY LEAGUE OFFICIAL RULES 2023-2024
opponent, but must skate in order to gain or
reestablish his proper position in order to make a
check.
A player is allowed the ice he is standing on
(body position) and is not required to move in order
to let an opponent proceed. A player may “block” the
path of an opponent provided he is in front of his
opponent and moving in the same direction. Moving
laterally and without establishing body position, then
making contact with the non-puck carrier is not
permitted and will be penalized as interference. A
player is always entitled to use his body position to
lengthen an opponent’s path to the puck, provided
his stick is not utilized (to make himself “bigger” and
therefore considerably lengthening the distance his
opponent must travel to get where he is going); his
free hand is not used and he does not take
advantage of his body position to deliver an
otherwise illegal check.

"moving in the same direction"
They were not skating in the same direction or Motew woulda hit KL azz with his head.
Please just stop. We get it, you think it was fine. Others don't. But the more you reach to justify the worse it looks. JMO. As you say we are all entitled to.

Reactions: All the Answers

Ferguson Jenkins

Jul 17, 2021
Let's NOT (edited.... forgot the word not lol) come on here and bash the KTown squad. Most Rangers fans n posters are top notch.
Sorry if my juice joke got the ball rolling here. Shoulda known better.
I agree. But I still want the first thing you mentioned from that juice!

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
"moving in the same direction"
They were not skating in the same direction or Motew woulda hit KL azz with his head.
Please just stop. We get it, you think it was fine. Others don't. But the more you reach to justify the worse it looks. JMO. As you say we are all entitled to.
They were moving in the same direction just before the contact, KL was ahead and Motew did hit the back side and right side of KL with his head, clearly see it in slow motion. I am merely responding to other posters if you haven't notice, it can't get any worst to the needless suspension given to Lawrence. And yes, I am moving on, another series will begin soon.

rve24

Oct 26, 2022
They were moving in the same direction just before the contact, KL was ahead and Motew did hit the back side and right side of KL with his head, clearly see it in slow motion. I am merely responding to other posters if you haven't notice, it can't get any worst to the needless suspension given to Lawrence. And yes, I am moving on, another series will begin soon.
Lol. You said it...."were moving same direction just before the contact" but when contacted.....nope, different direction.
You even called it a criss cross play ( paraphrase) called it a triangle, said KL purposely tried to skate between the 2 players so ss not to hit McCue or Motew.....just cant do that if all 3 are moving same directioon. ....I could go on, but you saw what you saw.
Again the more you reach to justify it the worse it looks.
All good, I know your passionate about the sport, and like the Knights. Hope all is well up where you are.

Reactions: All the Answers

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Oh I missed that 🤣, it was right in the title above, I may be old, but my brain is racing faster than I can read, sorry LDN
Obvious result of receiving a concussion from skating around with your head down! LOL, just screw-in with ya old timer!!

Reactions: Fastpace

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Obvious result of receiving a concussion from skating around with your head down! LOL, just screw-in with ya old timer!!
It makes me sick to see the league only seeing half of the real cause most times punishment are justified, but in the case of Lawrence, he had 1/4 of a second to decide what to do with a player coming with his head down, The league needs to look at these players as well if they are serious about eliminate head injuries. Look at it from the time Motew stood straight and started to lean down, only 1/4 of a second. To us up looking down and on screen, that's plenty of time but to a player on the ice facing a split second decision it's way too short. Players must keep their heads up and coaches must teach them how, the league must punish on their merits from both players

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Wahhhhhhh 😭😿
It's flattering that you still care so much. I'm betting if we didn't eliminate you two years ago it wouldn't be the case - it's been so one sided lately. But I think we're moving in the right direction and hopefully it will be a real rivalry again in a couple of years.

rve24 - the Rangers tears joke was 👍.

Reactions: rve24

All the Answers

Jan 19, 2020
Hache from SAG only got 2 games for his dangerous slew foot.
The same automatic standard as Sawyer got for his in March without the rap sheet. There really is nothing to see here. If it's upheld it's always an automatic 2 games. This is a non issue.

If you are in favour of more for Hache, you are also in favour for 20+ for Boulton on his infraction. After all, supplemental discipline is supposed to be increasingly punitive, however for some reason in this league it doesn't apply for automatic suspensions (which I personally disagree with).

Last edited:

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
Wow where have the old days gone?

When Lawrence would have been congratulated for catching a player skating with his head down in the “trolley tracks” and laying a hit that an entire arena would have went crazy over! A player of Wendell Clarke’s ilk would have rushed in to challenge Lawrence to a scrap and Lawrence would have dropped the gloves and they would been allowed to pummel one another until both of them were in a state of complete exhaustion. And in the end Lawrence may (?) have received an elbowing or maybe an interference minor penalty?

Todays game however see’s a Filip Mesar style player who plays a complete season and receives maybe 8-12 penalty minutes over the course of that season simply take his stick and cross check his opponent in the mouth I assume to try and create work for the newly approved Liberal provided Free Dental for everyone plan?

Aw the old days they were so barbaric weren’t they? How did these players make it out alive!

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Screenshot_20240419_190245_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheCoach and LDN

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
PS: Before I get ripped on yes I know that those are kind of reversed trolley tracks and that of course the game had to do something about concussions before we were seeing players reduced to wheelchairs and a liquid diet. Just poking a little is all at how the game has changed so drastically though!

I will say on the Mesar hit what was the kid thinking? It's like his rage overwhelmed his rational thought process as you could not have picked a worse time to do that right in front of the ref? Hate to see those wish the league would punish that stuff more harshly.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fastpace

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
:clap:way to go London you beat a team 4/3 , just barely, with Rangers playing a rookie forward on defense, JR B call up, and 2 other rookies on defense. Going to have to play better in next round. Go SSM or Saginaw, although I think SSM has a better shot
So you are saying your team overachieved. I can see your point.

Reactions: rve24

Fastpace

Jul 25, 2015
Usa
Wow where have the old days gone?

When Lawrence would have been congratulated for catching a player skating with his head down in the “trolley tracks” and laying a hit that an entire arena would have went crazy over! A player of Wendell Clarke’s ilk would have rushed in to challenge Lawrence to a scrap and Lawrence would have dropped the gloves and they would been allowed to pummel one another until both of them were in a state of complete exhaustion. And in the end Lawrence may (?) have received an elbowing or maybe an interference minor penalty?

Todays game however see’s a Filip Mesar style player who plays a complete season and receives maybe 8-12 penalty minutes over the course of that season simply take his stick and cross check his opponent in the mouth I assume to try and create work for the newly approved Liberal provided Free Dental for everyone plan?

Aw the old days they were so barbaric weren’t they? How did these players make it out alive!
The zamboni picked up almost half of my teeth, the result of eating wooden stick shafts and kissing elbows

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
Both teams are talented.
I think we stack up better against Saginaw.
The Soo seems to have put number.
Saginaw is a WAY better matchup for us

Not sure if any of you have watched the other series but it’s been great. Knights definitely will have their hands full with either team.
Our guys will hit them so hard they’ll regret making the 3rd round

crowncarrier

Apr 10, 2015
:clap:way to go London you beat a team 4/3 , just barely, with Rangers playing a rookie forward on defense, JR B call up, and 2 other rookies on defense. Going to have to play better in next round. Go SSM or Saginaw, although I think SSM has a better shot
No we won 4/4. It was a sweep. And the last game we won 4-3. 🤪

Reactions: LDN

TheCoach

Sep 17, 2014
LOL go cry about it here!
They ship too LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240419_153919_Facebook.jpg
    Screenshot_20240419_153919_Facebook.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 3

Hendy

Dec 1, 2018
Not sure if any of you have watched the other series but it’s been great. Knights definitely will have their hands full with either team.
Finally a different topic...thank you. I see the Soo with better goaltending but slightly weaker offense while Saginaw has the weaker goalie and better offense. With Simpson prone to the odd weak goal I think I would prefer to face the Soo and deal with the hot goaltending with tips and screens.

Reactions: Harley49

tjziel

Nov 20, 2012
London
Finally a different topic...thank you. I see the Soo with better goaltending but slightly weaker offense while Saginaw has the weaker goalie and better offense. With Simpson prone to the odd weak goal I think I would prefer to face the Soo and deal with the hot goaltending with tips and screens.
Personally, we will have our hands full with both. But I definitely prefer one over the other though won’t tell you who but we’ll see if we get the matchup I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad