London Knights 2021-22 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knights77

Oct 5, 2012
Bud Gardens
I sold my tickets for game 7.

I would pick the Rags to win but we all know what happens when I do that

When I played during warmups if it didn't hit me I didn't move to stop it. I'm getting warmed up..not facing shooters for the Stanley Cup
Ya well junior goalies DO move to stop the puck lol. Granted they aren’t trying to stop everything but still, his reaction time to low blocker was piss poor. And they should have it figured out by now but their shooting is terrible.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Drive the net without the puck off a rush please! Creates space. They all float to the outside.
And get to the blue ice when in the O zone cycling or on point shots and do it with some purpose.
To easy on KTown team D when everyone stays perimeter. Gotta get Cajan uncomfortable, rebounds will be there.
Adjustment time.
Turn up the GAF meter.
Hoping for Morgan n Stranges to lead the way this period.....for diffrent reasons.

Reactions: zman77 and LDN

superdee

Oct 17, 2015
Nice call Reid should have been slash to Sim and two to whoever cross checked him ffs. Idiot

ArielNederland

Jun 21, 2021
Well... :( our depth sank us and not being able to hold onto leads

Need to trade for a better backup goalie in the offseason

M21

Oct 10, 2021

Seeing them outshoot the Rangers by double and not score was the theme in this series. Other than Stranges the offence was MIA in this series.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW

Unless Nazar comes to London, the Knights should be focusing on developing what they have, not trading for a goalie.

The fourth round pick of the Knights was an 05 who played exceptionally well in Jr B this season. He should probably be the backup this upcoming year if they believed in him enough to take him in the 4th round of an 06 draft.

dmead

Code Spelunker
Jan 12, 2018
London
Thank you boys for another great season of Knights hockey.

To Baber, Morgan and McSorely... good luck in all your future endeavours. Thanks for representing the Green and Gold so well.

To the fans and members here on hfboards, see you next season.

The loss wasn't heartbreaking...it was inevitable.

Once again left holding the bag because of inept card management at the deadline.

This is becoming tiresome

Everyone preaches "in Mark we trust"...let's call a spade a spade when he shits the bed.

and while we're at it...when can we start discussing the fact that the C was way too heavy for Luke's jersey

Last edited:

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
I thought London had as good a chance as any West team to get through to the finals, until Mailloux and Brochu went down. I don't mind how Mark played his cards. He didn't have a full cupboard from which to work from, so he let the team stand pat and still have a chance. Unfortunately that meant the team was not deep enough to withstand any significant injuries and they had 2. But it was a decent gambit.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
I thought London had as good a chance as any West team to get through to the finals, until Mailloux and Brochu went down. I don't mind how Mark played his cards. He didn't have a full cupboard from which to work from, so he let the team stand pat and still have a chance. Unfortunately that meant the team was not deep enough to withstand any significant injuries and they had 2. But it was a decent gambit.
Since the trade deadline, Kitchener was 4-2 vs London. (0-5 up to the deadline). During that time, Evangelista was not much more than a rumour. Pre-deadline, he owned the Rangers. A healthy Brochu was in net for two or three of those Ranger wins).

Kudos to the Ranger staff who figured out how to solve London’s pre-deadline domination over Kitchener.

CasualStats

Apr 27, 2022
The loss wasn't heartbreaking...it was inevitable.

Once again left holding the bag because of inept card management at the deadline.

This is becoming tiresome

Everyone preaches "in Mark we trust"...let's call a spade a spade when he shits the bed.

and while we're at it...when can we start discussing the fact that the C was way too heavy for Luke's jersey

I am not 100% sure on how many cards they had or what happened at the Deadline so Ill take your word for it but my opinion for what its worth is, You have any of the OHL goalies that moved at the deadline for very affordable prices, this series was probably over Sunday.

Brett looked fine at times but you could tell since coming back that he is very much still fighting injury. An average goalie as a back up and this series goes to London.

But I do agree with your other posts too. This line up didn't have much flow to it.

Thought Cody Morgan was excellent, Barkey is going to be a massive player in this league for years to come,

Enjoy the off season Knights fans. See you all in the fall!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad